Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #251  
Old 03-17-2010, 07:42 PM
mousey1616 mousey1616 is offline
Registered User
Location: northeast
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 30
Mein Auto: 2010 328xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by angler View Post
being a therapist you should be able to look at this in a different perspective. it seems like the audio is the main event hear (pardon the humor Nordic_Kat i do have spell check) so just fix it by going out and getting an after market product. people do it everyday in all makes and models of cars. once you do it just enjoy what you have. think about it, you don't like your sound system in your bmw. a lot of people would want that problem. i call these situations high class problems.
LOL I wish right now i could afford to have "high class problems" although I know what you are saying in the "grand' scheme of things many people wish this was there only problem. However, I have a million other problems right now that I really don't need this....it's kinda like I just needed one thing to go smoothly in my life and I though it would be this!!
Reply With Quote
  #252  
Old 03-17-2010, 07:51 PM
magbarn magbarn is online now
Waiting for the d
Location: LA, CA
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 798
Mein Auto: '10 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by mousey1616 View Post
yes with leasing I am concerned about the warranty and getting an outside system put in but at the end of the day I may have too!

Good luck with you car it is beautiful....I would love to be behind all that horse power!! Ahhh in my next life
Please read this thread where a fellow fester is going to spend $565 on a BMW Europe kit to upgrade his crappy 2010 base stereo. Notice you'll have to get an unofficial importer to get it as it's not an official accessory. As it's marketed by BMW Europe it's a plug-n-play installation where there's no wires to be cut. IF you're not mechanically inclined, I'm sure you can find an audio installer to do it for labor costs. However, you might want to wait and see how his install goes first.
__________________

'10 335d Monaco blue/oyster/SP/PP/Enhanced Premium Sound/nav from phillipek SBBMW
Click Here for Pics!
Reply With Quote
  #253  
Old 03-17-2010, 07:54 PM
angler's Avatar
angler angler is offline
1 Converted Addict
Location: In the ultimate tanning machine
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,110
Mein Auto: 135i M-Sport 6mt Cabrio
Quote:
Originally Posted by mousey1616 View Post
LOL I wish right now i could afford to have "high class problems" although I know what you are saying in the "grand' scheme of things many people wish this was there only problem. However, I have a million other problems right now that I really don't need this....it's kinda like I just needed one thing to go smoothly in my life and I though it would be this!!
you can you bought a bmw one day at a time because the alternative is????????
__________________

PSS|PPK|PE|LUX H8 V4's|CDV Delete|
Reply With Quote
  #254  
Old 03-17-2010, 08:19 PM
mousey1616 mousey1616 is offline
Registered User
Location: northeast
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 30
Mein Auto: 2010 328xi
Hey one last question everyone....I was wondering how just replacing the speakers would really do any good??? yes the sound and volume would be better and I certainly would hope there would be no more "clipping" of the speakers but how does that help my problem with the radio going in and out as it continually switches from HD to stereo mode??? Don't I really just need a whole new system???
Reply With Quote
  #255  
Old 03-17-2010, 08:21 PM
magbarn magbarn is online now
Waiting for the d
Location: LA, CA
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 798
Mein Auto: '10 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by mousey1616 View Post
Hey one last question everyone....I was wondering how just replacing the speakers would really do any good??? yes the sound and volume would be better and I certainly would hope there would be no more "clipping" of the speakers but how does that help my problem with the radio going in and out as it continually switches from HD to stereo mode??? Don't I really just need a whole new system???
You're clipping might be the switching between HD/regular radio. This happens even with aftermarket HD radio. Read your radio manual, you're going to have to turn off the HD function if you're in an area with spotty reception. If it's "clipping" from amp/speaker overload, then the upgrade should help. Good luck
__________________

'10 335d Monaco blue/oyster/SP/PP/Enhanced Premium Sound/nav from phillipek SBBMW
Click Here for Pics!
Reply With Quote
  #256  
Old 03-17-2010, 08:27 PM
mousey1616 mousey1616 is offline
Registered User
Location: northeast
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 30
Mein Auto: 2010 328xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by magbarn View Post
You're clipping might be the switching between HD/regular radio. This happens even with aftermarket HD radio. Read your radio manual, you're going to have to turn off the HD function if you're in an area with spotty reception. If it's "clipping" from amp/speaker overload, then the upgrade should help. Good luck
Oh thanks...didn't know I could turn the HD off. It has also been driving me nuts. No even the mechanic at BMW said the clipping was an amp/speaker overload but it does it at such a low volume that I really, truly, can not believe the speakers are getting over loaded!!! When it switches from HD to stereo mode it doesn't clip, the volume just fades away and then comes back!
Reply With Quote
  #257  
Old 03-17-2010, 08:29 PM
mousey1616 mousey1616 is offline
Registered User
Location: northeast
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 30
Mein Auto: 2010 328xi
Megbarn do you have any issues with you advance premium sound? I know when I drove the 10 model with the premium sound system the other day we kept loosing the radio and then it would come back. Do you ever have this problem?
Reply With Quote
  #258  
Old 03-17-2010, 09:15 PM
jaj jaj is offline
Registered User
Location: ct
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 34
Mein Auto: 2009 328 xdrive
Mousey, what you're describing sounds to me like you have a defective system, the downgrades to the 2010 system notwithstanding. It may be speakers, amps, perhaps even software. I suggest trying another dealership; they may be able to put their finger on it right away and take care of it. Any dealership - including and especially the one you've patronized - should make a sincere attempt to address the audio issues. Good luck.
Reply With Quote
  #259  
Old 03-17-2010, 09:28 PM
rockwellzz rockwellzz is offline
Registered User
Location: GLEN ALLEN , VIRGINIA
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3
Mein Auto: 08 750li & 2009 Z4 35i
I had the same issues with my 2009 Z4 3.0 !! I feel your pain and I did not stand for it. I have owned 18 BMWs and this car was pitiful. I went back to dealer and complained big time. Well to make a long story short BMW NORTH AMERICA bought my car back!!!! and NO lost of MONEY and they made me a deal on a Z4 3.5 with most of the extras plus Premium Sound . I am very happy BMW customer again. RETURN YOUR CAR and ASAP and let dealership upper management listen your issues .. I did and it worked!!!! KEN
Reply With Quote
  #260  
Old 03-17-2010, 10:21 PM
ctuna ctuna is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: usa
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,415
Mein Auto: 325xi wagon
Best info on retrofitting stereo I found

http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27
Also on page 8 (of this post)I have a post which has a link to actual specs. (for all three systems)
And yes I think you would need and Amp
I want to modify my 06 and it has an Amp though its kind of weak.
Some people just don't care as much about audio as others.
I think you are looking at between 1500 to as much as you want to spend to make this
better.

This also a good link http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...Stock+Amp+2010
Technic says you can have better than logic 7 sound for under 1k

Last edited by ctuna; 03-18-2010 at 12:52 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #261  
Old 03-18-2010, 02:48 AM
BMW Option BMW Option is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Northeast
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 173
Mein Auto: 335xi
Mousey1616, if you really do have BMW, you have a defective one. It is a gross exaggeration, if not a lie, to say you cannot hear the 2010 BMW radio system even with the volume turned up to the max. Also, it's an exaggeration to say all 2010 base sound system shrieks and clips all the time because obviously mine never has. It's also an exaggeration if you say all 2010 BMW HD radio goes off every few seconds, because my HD radio is locked-on dead and doesn't turn off every few seconds. It's a gross exaggeration if you say BMW downgraded 2010 headlights and removed xenon and you cannot see anything at night time. My 2010 335 xenon headlights are super bright and it's the brightest of all other cars I've ever owned. I drove thru pitch dark mountain roads with 335 and I had no problem. When you exaggerate issues and blame the issues as global issue for ALL 2010 BMW 3 series, it's hard to take anything you say seriously. And, no, I have no relationship with BMW whatsoever. Your suggestion sounds paranoid and plain hostile to me. I personally believe that you don't even own a BMW. Post your car's picture, some video/audio clips of the radio that you cannot hear anything from, and the non-functional headlights. If they are true, it's a lemon car.
Reply With Quote
  #262  
Old 03-18-2010, 06:26 AM
mousey1616 mousey1616 is offline
Registered User
Location: northeast
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 30
Mein Auto: 2010 328xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwellzz View Post
I had the same issues with my 2009 Z4 3.0 !! I feel your pain and I did not stand for it. I have owned 18 BMWs and this car was pitiful. I went back to dealer and complained big time. Well to make a long story short BMW NORTH AMERICA bought my car back!!!! and NO lost of MONEY and they made me a deal on a Z4 3.5 with most of the extras plus Premium Sound . I am very happy BMW customer again. RETURN YOUR CAR and ASAP and let dealership upper management listen your issues .. I did and it worked!!!! KEN
Rockwellzz count youself lucky I did try to return it the very next day and they wouldn't accept it. I don't know how you did it....I'm amazed!! If you feel like fighting with them again on my behave I would gladly pay for you to come to NJ (LOL). What dealership did you use and who did you get in touch with. The women at work who is married to a lawyer said that I need to start putting everything in writing and contact the head of Prestege BMW and the head of BMW it self....I guess in Germany? Did you do any of this. The car is going back in today for someone else to listen to it. My husband says that if they don't do anything this time he is going down there. He knows I'm exhausted!!
Reply With Quote
  #263  
Old 03-18-2010, 06:47 AM
magbarn magbarn is online now
Waiting for the d
Location: LA, CA
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 798
Mein Auto: '10 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Option View Post
Mousey1616, if you really do have BMW, you have a defective one. It is a gross exaggeration, if not a lie, to say you cannot hear the 2010 BMW radio system even with the volume turned up to the max. Also, it's an exaggeration to say all 2010 base sound system shrieks and clips all the time because obviously mine never has. It's also an exaggeration if you say all 2010 BMW HD radio goes off every few seconds, because my HD radio is locked-on dead and doesn't turn off every few seconds. It's a gross exaggeration if you say BMW downgraded 2010 headlights and removed xenon and you cannot see anything at night time. My 2010 335 xenon headlights are super bright and it's the brightest of all other cars I've ever owned. I drove thru pitch dark mountain roads with 335 and I had no problem. When you exaggerate issues and blame the issues as global issue for ALL 2010 BMW 3 series, it's hard to take anything you say seriously. And, no, I have no relationship with BMW whatsoever. Your suggestion sounds paranoid and plain hostile to me. I personally believe that you don't even own a BMW. Post your car's picture, some video/audio clips of the radio that you cannot hear anything from, and the non-functional headlights. If they are true, it's a lemon car.
You may have a point on many of those issues, but HD radio issues are not an exaggeration. I had a Pioneer HD radio/navi head unit (the expensive AVIC-F90BT with GEX-P10HD, one of the best screens/navi you can get!) in my civic and that 3rd party radio would go in/out of HD reception/analog (sometimes causing a cut-off/skip) when I was in a spotty reception area. Guess what, my $1900 Enhanced Premium Sound does the same thing. It's an issue with the technology. Just because you live in an area in great reception does not mean the rest of us do. However, it doesn't bother me like it does the OP as I use satellite radio/MP3 for the majority of my listening needs.
__________________

'10 335d Monaco blue/oyster/SP/PP/Enhanced Premium Sound/nav from phillipek SBBMW
Click Here for Pics!

Last edited by magbarn; 03-18-2010 at 06:52 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #264  
Old 03-18-2010, 09:38 AM
mousey1616 mousey1616 is offline
Registered User
Location: northeast
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 30
Mein Auto: 2010 328xi
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by magbarn View Post
You may have a point on many of those issues, but HD radio issues are not an exaggeration. I had a Pioneer HD radio/navi head unit (the expensive AVIC-F90BT with GEX-P10HD, one of the best screens/navi you can get!) in my civic and that 3rd party radio would go in/out of HD reception/analog (sometimes causing a cut-off/skip) when I was in a spotty reception area. Guess what, my $1900 Enhanced Premium Sound does the same thing. It's an issue with the technology. Just because you live in an area in great reception does not mean the rest of us do. However, it doesn't bother me like it does the OP as I use satellite radio/MP3 for the majority of my listening needs.
Unfortunately, most of my ride to work is spotty reception. I will take your suggestion and try to figure out how to shut off HD. However, this morning when it started doing that I switched to ipod (I figured why get annoyed if I didn't have to). I had the volume on the stereo low so that the speakers/ amps (whatever) didn't clip but when I switched to ipod it immediately started clipping (numerous times) I guess I wasn't prepared for that because I became so startled I swerved doing 80 miles an hour and almost ran into a large truck. I came to work shacking and on the verge of tears.... God bless the principal he became so distraught when he saw me he sat me down in his office and ran aroud the school asking other teachers if they had anything to calm my nerves....Ahhh what can I say my nerves are fried!! This is the second time in two days I became that startled but today was bad. I guess lack of sleep is not helping.

P.S. I am not looking forward to spending that much money to upgrade the audio system on a car I don't own and have the same issues!!
Reply With Quote
  #265  
Old 03-18-2010, 09:40 AM
mousey1616 mousey1616 is offline
Registered User
Location: northeast
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 30
Mein Auto: 2010 328xi
OOOPs for everyone that hates spelling errors "Shaking" and "Around"
Reply With Quote
  #266  
Old 03-18-2010, 09:49 AM
mousey1616 mousey1616 is offline
Registered User
Location: northeast
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 30
Mein Auto: 2010 328xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Option View Post
Mousey1616, if you really do have BMW, you have a defective one. It is a gross exaggeration, if not a lie, to say you cannot hear the 2010 BMW radio system even with the volume turned up to the max. Also, it's an exaggeration to say all 2010 base sound system shrieks and clips all the time because obviously mine never has. It's also an exaggeration if you say all 2010 BMW HD radio goes off every few seconds, because my HD radio is locked-on dead and doesn't turn off every few seconds. It's a gross exaggeration if you say BMW downgraded 2010 headlights and removed xenon and you cannot see anything at night time. My 2010 335 xenon headlights are super bright and it's the brightest of all other cars I've ever owned. I drove thru pitch dark mountain roads with 335 and I had no problem. When you exaggerate issues and blame the issues as global issue for ALL 2010 BMW 3 series, it's hard to take anything you say seriously. And, no, I have no relationship with BMW whatsoever. Your suggestion sounds paranoid and plain hostile to me. I personally believe that you don't even own a BMW. Post your car's picture, some video/audio clips of the radio that you cannot hear anything from, and the non-functional headlights. If they are true, it's a lemon car.
I didn't say the lights were non functional I said they weren't as good and couldn't compare to my 07s. Bmw has adjusted them and they are better...Still not as good but better. They tell me with 25 hours running time they will turn blue and I am hoping that will increase the brightness. As far as the audio system, for my car, it has not been an exaggeration! I have heard others complain of "clipping" (it was on this site and from the the general sales manager at BMW that I learned that term) so I guess others have had similar problems but I do believe mine is far worse! Yes I do think I got a lemon, that is why I have a complaint in with the Better Business Bureau. Every company occassionally makes them I just wish they would acknowledge it!! And if you haven't heard the clipping "God Bless" I wish I didn't have to deal with it!
Reply With Quote
  #267  
Old 03-18-2010, 01:31 PM
BMW Option BMW Option is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Northeast
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 173
Mein Auto: 335xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by magbarn View Post
You may have a point on many of those issues, but HD radio issues are not an exaggeration. I had a Pioneer HD radio/navi head unit (the expensive AVIC-F90BT with GEX-P10HD, one of the best screens/navi you can get!) in my civic and that 3rd party radio would go in/out of HD reception/analog (sometimes causing a cut-off/skip) when I was in a spotty reception area. Guess what, my $1900 Enhanced Premium Sound does the same thing. It's an issue with the technology. Just because you live in an area in great reception does not mean the rest of us do. However, it doesn't bother me like it does the OP as I use satellite radio/MP3 for the majority of my listening needs.
No, the point is that OP thinks the HD radio losing reception is fault of all 2010 BMW 3 series due to downgraded component of the HD radio antenna system, not because of spotty reception. My counterpoint was that the HD radio reception is not a global issues of 2010 BMW 3 series due to some defective radio in every single 2010 BMW produced and shipped worldwide. If that was the case, my 2010 car should lose HD radio signal every few seconds, as well as every single 2010 BMW 3 series in the world.
Reply With Quote
  #268  
Old 03-18-2010, 01:37 PM
BMW Option BMW Option is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Northeast
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 173
Mein Auto: 335xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mousey1616 View Post
I didn't say the lights were non functional I said they weren't as good and couldn't compare to my 07s. Bmw has adjusted them and they are better...Still not as good but better. They tell me with 25 hours running time they will turn blue and I am hoping that will increase the brightness. As far as the audio system, for my car, it has not been an exaggeration! I have heard others complain of "clipping" (it was on this site and from the the general sales manager at BMW that I learned that term) so I guess others have had similar problems but I do believe mine is far worse! Yes I do think I got a lemon, that is why I have a complaint in with the Better Business Bureau. Every company occassionally makes them I just wish they would acknowledge it!! And if you haven't heard the clipping "God Bless" I wish I didn't have to deal with it!
I am pretty sure you said you can't even tell if the headlights are on. If you take a look at the front of your car and if you can't see the headlights on, I'd say it's non-functional.

You said your dealer told you that xenon headlights were removed from BMW 3 series starting 2010 model. Does anyone else confirm?
Reply With Quote
  #269  
Old 03-18-2010, 01:55 PM
angler's Avatar
angler angler is offline
1 Converted Addict
Location: In the ultimate tanning machine
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,110
Mein Auto: 135i M-Sport 6mt Cabrio
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Option View Post
No, the point is that OP thinks the HD radio losing reception is fault of all 2010 BMW 3 series due to downgraded component of the HD radio antenna system, not because of spotty reception. My counterpoint was that the HD radio reception is not a global issues of 2010 BMW 3 series due to some defective radio in every single 2010 BMW produced and shipped worldwide. If that was the case, my 2010 car should lose HD radio signal every few seconds, as well as every single 2010 BMW 3 series in the world.
don't you think this thread is getting out of hand. maybe it's time to stop responding and move on to positive energy not negative. anyway just my 2 cents for what ever it's worth.
__________________

PSS|PPK|PE|LUX H8 V4's|CDV Delete|
Reply With Quote
  #270  
Old 03-18-2010, 05:20 PM
mousey1616 mousey1616 is offline
Registered User
Location: northeast
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 30
Mein Auto: 2010 328xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Option View Post
I am pretty sure you said you can't even tell if the headlights are on. If you take a look at the front of your car and if you can't see the headlights on, I'd say it's non-functional.

You said your dealer told you that xenon headlights were removed from BMW 3 series starting 2010 model. Does anyone else confirm?
I said, and you can go back and check, the lights were so low that the one night when my husband was driving he asked me "Do I have the lights on?" because he couldn't tell! I don't know if you owned previous BMWs but this car is definitely different! Yes still better then many others, well except for the sound system, but certainly not up to the standards that many of us have come to expect from BMW! And I went to BMW tonight to drop off my car and pick up a loaner car. They have brought in a regional service manager from BMW to look at my car (someone not affiliated with my dealership). Anyway, when I got into the loaner (also a 2010) car I immediately noticed the radio was able to go louder then mine and there was no clipping at end range. Still couldn't compare to the pleasure I recieved from listening to the HK speakers in my 2007 but much better and the radio did not go in and out. The service rep basically acknowledge that the stock radio is a lesser grade then I am use too and he knew in advance so the salesmen and general manager should have informed me when I asked prior to ordering my car. We could have avoided my dissapointment by upgrading the sound system from the start. However, with that said he did admit that, up to now, they have handled this situation poorly, and that there certainly must be a defect with my system. He also said that for the area I live and work in the HD system should not be going in and out!! FINALLY.....NOW LET'S WAIT AND SEE IF THEY ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING! He also agreed that I had a right to be this upset (shocker) that the general sales manager should of never told me to go out and purchace my own upgraded system or try to get me to buy a more expensive car, or to just lower the volume if I hear clipping, especially when he himself heard the clipping!! Those were just not viable solutions!!

Oh PS he also told me he gets about 25 complaints a week about the downgrade in the stereo system and the xenon lights. My husband and I were shocked at how honest he was!!! But I will admit the lights are much better since they adjusted them Now I will pray they perform miracles on my audio system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #271  
Old 03-18-2010, 05:23 PM
mousey1616 mousey1616 is offline
Registered User
Location: northeast
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 30
Mein Auto: 2010 328xi
Angler very true and I will be happy to report if anything positive comes from my bringing the car into service for the second time in one short week of owning it!! We really do need more positive energy....let's hope my next post is Yippy the fixed it!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #272  
Old 03-18-2010, 05:28 PM
angler's Avatar
angler angler is offline
1 Converted Addict
Location: In the ultimate tanning machine
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,110
Mein Auto: 135i M-Sport 6mt Cabrio
Quote:
Originally Posted by mousey1616 View Post
Angler very true and I will be happy to report if anything positive comes from my bringing the car into service for the second time in one short week of owning it!! We really do need more positive energy....let's hope my next post is Yippy the fixed it!!!!!!!!
we hope so too
__________________

PSS|PPK|PE|LUX H8 V4's|CDV Delete|
Reply With Quote
  #273  
Old 03-19-2010, 09:06 PM
JulieDriving JulieDriving is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Ontario, Canada
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 223
Mein Auto: 2010 E92 335i
mousey, you said your car's handing got worse from 2007 to 2010, and that you went from a coupe to a sedan.

Did you get the sport package on your 2010 sedan? If not, your suspension on the 2010 is definitely not as sporty, because the coupes came with a sports suspension standard, even without a sport package.

Coupes and sedans don't come with everything the same.
__________________

- 2010 335i coupe (Monaco Blue, Cream Beige Leather, Gray Poplar, Sport package, etc.)
- 2013 M3 coupe on order (July production)
Reply With Quote
  #274  
Old 03-19-2010, 09:12 PM
JulieDriving JulieDriving is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Ontario, Canada
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 223
Mein Auto: 2010 E92 335i
If you hate your car, another option is to put it up for lease take-over.
__________________

- 2010 335i coupe (Monaco Blue, Cream Beige Leather, Gray Poplar, Sport package, etc.)
- 2013 M3 coupe on order (July production)
Reply With Quote
  #275  
Old 03-20-2010, 07:37 AM
mousey1616 mousey1616 is offline
Registered User
Location: northeast
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 30
Mein Auto: 2010 328xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
If you hate your car, another option is to put it up for lease take-over.
Yes I did order it with the sports package. I had to, to get the seats like the one's I had in the coupe. I have a loaner car right now, with out the sports package, and the seats are horrible! I'm sad to report, although the loaner car radio is a little better then mine, hd and stereo do not switch back and forth, at higher volumes this speakers on this car also clip, except that it doesn't sound the a "shriek" it sounds likd a "boom." Initially I thought something hit the car, but then when I up the radio it boomed about 7 times in a row until I lowered it....WTF????? I really can't believe others aren't experiencing these problems!?! Now I know, while my car may be worse, it's not just mine! And BMW called me yesterday and the engineer found no defect he said that is "Normal operations for this particular sound system??????" Are they kiddin me.....I wanted to cry! I got off the phone and I was shaking! My husband says we should just drop off the loaner car today with the keys to my car and just leave it there and while it's tempting I have worked hard my entire life to have premium credit I certainly don't want to loose that!! But no Julie driving I do not want to drive this particular car for the next 36 months How does a lease takeover work??? I wouldn't want the car to still be in my name. And I wouldn't want to deceive anyone by not telling them about the radio....And as soom as they listened to it they wouldn't want it!! For all those who doubted I have one I took a picture with my cell phone the other day but i don't know how to uplift it onto this site. So if someone can tell me how to, in simple terms please, I would be happy to post a pic of my car....I think it's cute but that's about it
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms