Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 03-20-2010, 10:01 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2010 E92 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by mousey1616 View Post
Yes I did order it with the sports package. I had to, to get the seats like the one's I had in the coupe. I have a loaner car right now, with out the sports package, and the seats are horrible! I'm sad to report, although the loaner car radio is a little better then mine, hd and stereo do not switch back and forth, at higher volumes this speakers on this car also clip, except that it doesn't sound the a "shriek" it sounds likd a "boom." Initially I thought something hit the car, but then when I up the radio it boomed about 7 times in a row until I lowered it....WTF????? I really can't believe others aren't experiencing these problems!?! Now I know, while my car may be worse, it's not just mine! And BMW called me yesterday and the engineer found no defect he said that is "Normal operations for this particular sound system??????" Are they kiddin me.....I wanted to cry! I got off the phone and I was shaking! My husband says we should just drop off the loaner car today with the keys to my car and just leave it there and while it's tempting I have worked hard my entire life to have premium credit I certainly don't want to loose that!! But no Julie driving I do not want to drive this particular car for the next 36 months How does a lease takeover work??? I wouldn't want the car to still be in my name. And I wouldn't want to deceive anyone by not telling them about the radio....And as soom as they listened to it they wouldn't want it!! For all those who doubted I have one I took a picture with my cell phone the other day but i don't know how to uplift it onto this site. So if someone can tell me how to, in simple terms please, I would be happy to post a pic of my car....I think it's cute but that's about it
Someone takes over your lease and it goes onto their "name" (well, the owner will always be BMW, but this other person becomes the lessee instead of you). The contract between BMW and you is over, and the contract between this new person and BMW begins.

Keep in mind though that everything is supply and demand. Why would someone want to "take over" someone else's lease, and take the chance that someone is off-loading a specific car because of something wrong with the car? To get lower payments than they normally would if they leased themselves. So, if you put a large downpayment onto your lease, your monthly payments would be low, and the new lessee would benefit from this. Or, if there is not much incentive with a lower monthly payment, the party wanting to get rid of the car pays a certain monetary incentive for the next party to be interested in taking over the car.

There are websites specifically where people put their cars up for lease take-over and others look to take over a lease. I'm sure if you "search", you would find more information. It's definitely more hassle, there's no easy way out. BMW won't buy back a "normal" car. And if you're never going to buy one again, why would they want to help you in any way? Lots of people never buy a Bimmer again. It's not about how many you've bought (or leased) in the past, it's about what you can do for them *in the future*.

And if you go that route, why don't you let the potential new lessor decide for himself/herself what is "normal" or acceptable? You're not lying, you're just not sabotaging your chances from the get-go. The way you've described your experiences with the car is on the extreme side of what most people have experienced here - people would run away from your car.

- 2010 335i coupe (Monaco Blue, Cream Beige Leather, Gray Poplar, Sport package, etc.)
- 2013 M3 coupe on order (July production)
Old 03-20-2010, 10:02 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 E92 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by mousey1616 View Post
Yes I did order it with the sports package. I had to, to get the seats like the one's I had in the coupe. I have a loaner car right now, with out the sports package, and the seats are horrible! I'm sad to report, although the loaner car radio is a little better then mine, hd and stereo do not switch back and forth, at higher volumes this speakers on this car also clip, except that it doesn't sound the a "shriek" it sounds likd a "boom." Initially I thought something hit the car, but then when I up the radio it boomed about 7 times in a row until I lowered it....WTF????? I really can't believe others aren't experiencing these problems!?! Now I know, while my car may be worse, it's not just mine! And BMW called me yesterday and the engineer found no defect he said that is "Normal operations for this particular sound system??????" Are they kiddin me.....I wanted to cry! I got off the phone and I was shaking! My husband says we should just drop off the loaner car today with the keys to my car and just leave it there and while it's tempting I have worked hard my entire life to have premium credit I certainly don't want to loose that!! But no Julie driving I do not want to drive this particular car for the next 36 months How does a lease takeover work??? I wouldn't want the car to still be in my name. And I wouldn't want to deceive anyone by not telling them about the radio....And as soom as they listened to it they wouldn't want it!! For all those who doubted I have one I took a picture with my cell phone the other day but i don't know how to uplift it onto this site. So if someone can tell me how to, in simple terms please, I would be happy to post a pic of my car....I think it's cute but that's about it
Someone takes over your lease and it goes onto their "name" (well, the owner will always be BMW, but this other person becomes the lessee instead of you). The contract between BMW and you is over, and the contract between this new person and BMW begins.

Keep in mind though that everything is supply and demand. Why would someone want to "take over" someone else's lease, and take the chance that someone is off-loading a specific car because of something wrong with the car? To get lower payments than they normally would if they leased themselves. So, if you put a large downpayment onto your lease, your monthly payments would be low, and the new lessee would benefit from this. Or, if there is not much incentive with a lower monthly payment, the party wanting to get rid of the car pays a certain monetary incentive for the next party to be interested in taking over the car.

There are websites specifically where people put their cars up for lease take-over and others look to take over a lease. I'm sure if you "search", you would find more information. It's definitely more hassle, there's no easy way out. BMW won't buy back a "normal" car.

And if you go that route, why don't you let the potential new lessee decide for himself/herself what is "normal" or acceptable? You're not lying, you're just not sabotaging your chances from the get-go. The way you've described your experiences with the car is on the extreme side of what most people have experienced here - people would run away from your car.

- 2010 335i coupe (Monaco Blue, Cream Beige Leather, Gray Poplar, Sport package, etc.)
- 2013 M3 coupe on order (July production)
Old 03-21-2010, 12:30 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 335I
Logic7 SUCKS as well

IMO, the Logic7 is a very poor stereo. The weak FM reception and annoying HD that cuts in/out frequently and repeats parts of the same song is SAD!!! BMW's Logic7 is a POS entertainment system

In addition, BMW's North America customer care center is useless. They always side with the dealers and could care less about their unhappy customers. Just called BMW about headlight washer covers that fell off my new 335I, and was told that they are not covered under warranty I now have to pay around $600.00 to replace them...

BMW's factory warranty sucks
Old 03-21-2010, 01:28 PM

Mein Auto: '14 428i vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricks_335I View Post
IMO, the Logic7 is a very poor stereo. The weak FM reception and annoying HD that cuts in/out frequently and repeats parts of the same song is SAD!!! BMW's Logic7 is a POS entertainment system

In addition, BMW's North America customer care center is useless. They always side with the dealers and could care less about their unhappy customers. Just called BMW about headlight washer covers that fell off my new 335I, and was told that they are not covered under warranty I now have to pay around $600.00 to replace them...

BMW's factory warranty sucks
Huh?...thay should be covered go to another dealer
Old 03-07-2011, 08:40 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 BMW 328i xDrive
Quick question on the seat back nets...can those be added on as an accessory? I found it in a PDF from BMW in England, but nothing in the US. If it is available, it would be much appreciated to point me in the right direction.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:22 PM

Mein Auto: 335i, X5 4.8is, e46 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by delmarco View Post
lol.

Man they are really stripping it down.

Hk!?

On my 2001 330i hk premium sound was a free option i wonder how much bmw will charge for this on a 2011 3 series?
+1