Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics

Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics
BMW navigation, audio upgrades, XM Radio, Sirius, Bluetooth, and Radar Detector discussions here!

Old 02-20-2010, 10:34 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 335i
2011 E93 Stock Radio: What is it?

Ok, the trend has been to b*tch of about BMW's cost-cutting, especially in the area of the radio. I ordered an E93 for ED, and my CA could give me zilch as far as info on what the stock radio will be comprised of. I think it's been confirmed that the E90-92's haved deleted separate amps and subs.
I have an '07 335i with L7, and to be honest, I'm not that enamoured with it, especially as an $875 add. However, if the stock radio sux, and it difficult to upgrade, I may have to go running back to my CA to wring a few more euros out of my ever-thinning budget.
Can anyone confirm what it is, does it suck, can it be upgraded?

TIA,
Joel
Advertisement
Old 03-10-2010, 12:42 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 335i Convertible
My CA told me I didn't need L7 because I won't be able to hear it with the top down anyways. Living in Seattle, I expect my top will be up more times than yours so I went with L7.

2010 335i Cv | Le Mans Blue | Black/Gray Poplar
AT | M Sport | ZPP | ZCW | NAV | Logic7 | CA | PDC
Old 03-10-2010, 09:39 AM

Mein Auto: 335i
Yeah, there was so much bad press about the stock radio, I ended up going with the HK upgrade. Verts are meant to be able to crank tunes, hopefully I'll be pleased with the decision.
Cheers.
Joel
Old 03-10-2010, 10:31 AM

Mein Auto: 05 G35X; 09 335 vert
I can't tell you what's been taken out for 2011, but I got the upgraded radio on my 09 E93 and have been very happy with it. obviously at higher speeds with the top down there is wind noise, but I completely expect it. worthwhile expense for me.

09 335 vert - ED Feb 09
06 325 vert - gone
05 G35x - winter
Old 03-18-2010, 01:01 PM

Mein Auto: 325xi wagon
Here is a link to the Specs on the three systems

http://www.e90post.com/forums/attach...2&d=1266451970
The system without the amplifier is what you get now.
Best links for Mods can be found at http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27
Logic 7 seems like a good deal if you want a good system at a reasonable price without messing with the car
Also I wouldn't take advice from most salesman though I wouldn't see why they wouldn't want to sell you as
many options as possible, unless they had something they had to push.

Last edited by ctuna; 03-18-2010 at 02:18 PM.