Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > BMW Dealer Ratings and Feedback Forum

BMW Dealer Ratings and Feedback Forum
Want to know which BMW dealerships to shop at or avoid? Have you had an exceptionally good or bad experience with your BMW dealership? Post your stories and comments here. Be sure to rate your BMW dealership in our new BMW dealer rater system

Old 08-27-2013, 10:58 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 535xi
Motorwerks BMW in Minnesota

Im bored so I popped over to share my story about my experience with the BMW dealer. So I sold my modded 08 535xi and where im from we don't have a BMW or Mercedes dealer so I make the hour and a half trip to the Minneapolis area to go check out some cars my list was this
1.) M3
2.) CTS-V
3.) C63

So having loved my last BMW the M3 was at the top of the list first I go test the C63 it was alright not quite the handling I wanted and the interior was pretty blah but a decent car but It was at the bottom of my list. Then over to check out this CTS-v I get there the car was dirty as **** inside and out for that reason alone I wouldn't buy it but drove it anyways the car is kind of scary to drive when you first drive it but the suspension was great and it had more power then anyone needs.

So I go over to the BMW dealer walk around the lot for 10 min looking for their 09 Black M3 Coupe. About 6 sales people walk right past me and don't say a word to me. So finally I go inside to ask someone where the car is and its sitting on their showroom floor still not one sales guy says even so much as hello finally I grab a guy ask some questions sit in the car and am in love with it. Tell the guy about the modded 535 I just sold and tell him I wanna take the m3 out. Guy straight up tells me I cant drive it. So im like whos gunna buy a 40,000$ car without driving it. He starts coming up with excuses and this and that and finally im like look dude go get the keys he says hold on a sec I wait 15 min the guy never came back. Im just pissed maybe because I look like im 25 and have 2 full tattoo sleeves the guy thinks im just out to waste ppls time. So I leave pissed off and 3 days later find a modded 09 black cts-v with about 15k in performance mods all already done still under warranty. Fly out to AZ pick it up its mint drive it back to WI and I couldn't be happier.

My question is should I call the dealer and talk to a manager or im actually going right by there next week should I stop in with my car talk to the head person and point out the salesman and say because of that douche bag I bought that instead of that 09 M3 you still have sitting there ( the car still hasn't sold ) I know I should just let it go but that pissed me off. BTW BMW seats are still better then the cts-v recaros lol

SOLD 2008 535xi
Performance: JB4 G5 ISO / BMS DCI / AR DP's / BMS WW Meth kit / ER CP / ER FMIC / HKS BOV / BMS OCC
Exterior: Avant Garde M310 wheels / Window tint / mtech halo upgrade / Sprayed tail lights & side markers / M5 front and sides / Front Lip Spoiler / Kidney Grills / Black BMW logos / LEDS
Interior: Custom gauges done by Simon
Advertisement
Old 08-27-2013, 12:10 PM
I do'nt make mistakes.

Mein Auto: Quadricycle
I'd just let it go. In time, the dealers that treat buyers like s**t end up going under. If the management doesn't know how the people on the sales floor behave, that's their own fault.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:47 AM
Novice driver

Mein Auto: 2014 320i ZSP ZMT
Yup, just chalk it up as a less than exemplary experience and leave it at that.

In the future, always schedule an appointment for test drives in advance of arriving at dealerships, especially in this example in which you had to travel 1.5 hours to the Twin Cities. Also, the Twin Cities' other BMW automobile dealership in Minnetonka may provide better customer care.

Last edited by gkr778; 08-30-2013 at 08:48 AM.
Old 08-31-2013, 02:41 PM
YodaSyrup

Mein Auto: F10 535i, X164 GL550
Motorwerks BMW in Minnesota

You already told them what they need to know by spending your $ elsewhere. Why on earth would you waste more of your time trying to educate them on why they suck? Enjoy your CTS, post up some pics and let us know what you think of it after you've had some time with it.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

2011 535i Sport 6MT
Old 11-02-2013, 06:14 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkr778 View Post
Yup, just chalk it up as a less than exemplary experience and leave it at that.

In the future, always schedule an appointment for test drives in advance of arriving at dealerships, especially in this example in which you had to travel 1.5 hours to the Twin Cities. Also, the Twin Cities' other BMW automobile dealership in Minnetonka may provide better customer care.
BMW of Minnetonka is AWESOME!
Old 10-28-2015, 08:52 PM

Mein Auto:
They really sucks , after I set an appointment .the first time I came there , my salesman let me wait for 1 hour. Second time , after appointment , he let me wait me for like 40 mins. Then don't really know anything about the cat and just randomly give me information . Or ask am I gonna decide right now . I went to bmw of Minnetonka the following week. Their service is a lot more better . Recommend you check them out
Old 04-10-2017, 07:07 PM
New here...go easy on me!

Mein Auto: 428xDrive
I have leased two BMWs from BMW of Minnetonka. Great experience both times. However, I am thinking of giving Motorwerks a chance this next time as they are closer to where we live.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > BMW Dealer Ratings and Feedback Forum
Today's Posts Search