Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E46 M3 (2001-2006)

E46 M3 (2001-2006)

Old 03-04-2010, 07:26 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 M3
M3 SMG Problems

I have an 04 M3 convertible w/smg since day 1 I have had a number of issues with the SMG, never really took much notice as it was always a warranty item with the awsome BMW warranty coverage. ....just prior to meeting my 100k miles warranty expiration I noticed a slipping of sorts with it yet when at the deaer we could not duplicate issue. Now 3500 miles later their 1st diaganosis was a leak in the SMG Pump hose, fixed the hose but not the problem, next the SMG Pump @ $3000 for the part alone I was torn. My advisor who has always been awesome, got ahold of their Rep got them to pay for the part and all labor except $1,100.00 Done but guess what....The computer wont recognize the new codes ( I think that is what she said) Now they say I need a whole new tranny due to extended time with improper pump function or something like that. She is again trying to reach her Rep its been their garage now for 3 weeks I have been patient. What is anyone with some insights thoughts?.....
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2010, 09:46 PM

Mein Auto: 03 M3 Vert 27k Miles
I would contact BMW NA if they can't give you an answer.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:02 PM

Mein Auto: 03 M3 Vert 27k Miles
How did you ever make out with this? Any luck? I hope so.
Old 05-01-2010, 06:04 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 M3/E46 ZCP
If it is a previous issue that was not taken care of during warranty period, BMW NA should rectify the problem. It should still show on your maintenance history records. Keep on bugging them. Customers always right.