Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:02 AM
Coming back to BMW

Mein Auto: soon to be X5
Post Interactive Invoice Spreadsheet for X5 35d

I spent the weekend poring over the X5 35d price sheet, and painstakingly took the time to enter it all into a nice spreadsheet template. I made it so that you can check off options on the left and the retail and invoice prices appear on the right, and the spreadsheet will calculate grand total at the bottom.

It's printable, so it should format nicely (at least on the Mac), so you can bring it in to a dealer with you. I figured some other people would like to have it, so I will post it up. If you end up using it, I would love for you to let me know, and if you used it to get a lower price at a dealer...

However, disclaimers (and YMMV)!

1) I do not guarantee the pricing is correct at all. I copy and pasted from the price sheet I found in the forum, but don't blame me if this thing is a few thousand dollars off, or if I missed fees or taxes that are applicable in your area...

2) I created an area for accessories, with prices I pulled from the BMWUSA website. They are not the wholesale prices, but I wanted to include the ones I wanted. There are lots more, you can enter them yourself.

3) The checkboxes ARE NOT INTERDEPENDENT. That means, that If you check off the ZAV package, it does not automatically uncheck the perforated leather option, because it is included in the package. You will have to manually manage package options yourself (but I did include all the documentation for each package that is in the price sheet). The spreadsheet is not a full fledged model configurator, I will leave that up to BMW, but I have found it really helpful personally.

4) Change the Sales Tax to your local tax (it is set up for NYC Sales Tax, 8.875%)

5) I put in a line for trade in value for kicks. Also you will need to fill in your own Dealer Profit amount.

6) The Eco-Credit, and Alternative Fuel Tax Credits are also checkable line items.

7) This is the biggie. I made the original sheet using Numbers on the Mac (or iPad now). So it has the nice checkboxes on the left. When I exported it to XLS, it turned them into TRUE and FALSE. If something else doesn't work in the export to PC, it's not my fault.

8) FYI, the spreadsheets do not use ANY macros or fancy stuff, and they are virus free on my computer. But use them at your own risk.

This should be pretty easy to modify for other models, but I don't plan on doing it (because I am not shopping for those cars...). Feel free to modify the spreadsheet and post your own.

Anyway, I hope that I have sufficiently lowered your expectations. Enjoy. Thanks to everyone for all your help on the forum. I hope thatI can find a dealer in NYC that will give me the deal that I want. If any of you know dealers in NYC, let me know!

Numbers Version: X5_2011_Wholesale_price_sheet.numbers
Excel version: X5_2011_Wholesale_price_sheet.xls

(PS. The pics are just screenshots, so you know what you are getting.... you have to click on the links above to get the files. I couldn't figure out a way to upload the files directly to the forum.)

Enjoy,
-phillip
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	X5_spreadsheet_1.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	226807   Click image for larger version

Name:	X5_spreadsheet_2.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	226808  
Old 04-27-2010, 05:26 PM
Coming back to BMW

Ordered my X5 35d yesterday!

Thanks to everyone for the help! I ended up using the Costco buying program to find a dealer in my area (about 1 hr away) to get my car. I got prices for vehicles from BMW Manhattan, a dealer listed on the AAA Buying Service, and finally the Costco buying service, and got three prices, ranging from $2500 off to $4500 off MSRP. You can guess which one I took.

The deal that I took was for $1200 over invoice, plus $300 MACO and $350 Documentation Fees. I know that people have gotten better deals here on the forum, but I am happy with my CA, she was very straightforward and patiently worked through the deal with me. She was the first to give me a price and gave me the best price. Anyone who is interested in the NYC area can PM me for the dealer's name.

I am probably going to do Performance Center Delivery, still working that out now. But I got my production number this morning: 4784221! I hope that's a good one...

I checked in online, and the specs and options were completely wrong. When I called the BMW production number, I think it said that it was an "Order scheduled for Production with no specific date assigned for production." I am guessing that this was status 112? I am hoping that this was a spec vehicle that was on order by the dealer, and they have allocated to me. My CA was warning me that I might have to take an END of JULY delivery.... Does anyone else have better news?

Thanks again for all the help,
-phillip
Old 05-02-2010, 07:58 AM
Drive like you mean it.

Mein Auto: Mercedes S550, 633csi
Phillip, the options and specs will change off/on until the car has a scheduled date in the system (not on the website, which is always all over the map). Once the vehicle is 'locked' and scheduled, the options will be as they were ordered. Don't worry!

Update on $500 over pricing - Wagner has blown through all it's allocations for xDrive 35d's thanks to you guys When they have more, I will let you know and will see what they will do for people on the board.

I ordered mine in March, and as of today (Sunday, May 2), the message I get when I call the 800 number is 'your vehicle is being assembled, with an estimated completion date of May First, 2020'

So, transport to VPC, then transport to the dealer? Anyone know how long? I am guessing about 10 or 12 days?

I tried to get PCD, but the wait is outrageous - I was told July. I asked my CA if they could maybe just park it out front and let me come get it early minus the tour, etc but they said no
1984 BMW 633csi 'big coupe', silver/tan, fun third car.
1990 Ferrari Testarossa, black/tan, Borla exhaust, no cats. Awesome.

Last edited by Malibu Bimmer; 05-02-2010 at 08:00 AM.
Old 05-02-2010, 05:44 PM
Coming back to BMW

Thanks for the info... My CA says I should be built in July, but she said that was independent of PCD. I went ahead and asked for PCD, but I hope that it doesn't delay my vehicle.
Old 05-02-2010, 05:54 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 X5 50i
Nope it won't, PCD is independent of vehicle build, but the flipside is that PCD slots get filled fast and whether you are able to get a PCD slot around the time that the vehicle is built might be another story.

If they can't schedule it that way, they will let you know so that you can arrange your schedule differently.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:14 AM

Mein Auto: X5 35i Sport Sapphire
Quote:
Originally Posted by philliptiongson View Post
The deal that I took was for $1200 over invoice, plus $300 MACO and $350 Documentation Fees. I know that people have gotten better deals here on the forum, but I am happy with my CA, she was very straightforward and patiently worked through the deal with me. She was the first to give me a price and gave me the best price. Anyone who is interested in the NYC area can PM me for the dealer's name.
BMW Bayside "offered" me $500 over invoice, didn't even have to ask. Needless to say - I took it.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:17 PM
Coming back to BMW

I wish you had posted that earlier!
-phillip
Old 05-03-2010, 01:22 PM

Quote:
-phillip
What's preventing you from taking it? You can always cancel your order and if the Bayside dealer has an allocation slot along with the 500 over invoice deal, I'd take it. You might also get an earlier delivery if your current dealer is talking about end of July, that means she's burned through her current allocation slots.

Last edited by arjuno; 05-03-2010 at 01:25 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:23 PM
Coming back to BMW

what about my $2000 deposit? Is that refundable?
Old 05-03-2010, 01:24 PM
Coming back to BMW

Also, if I have a production number, I assume that means that i have an allocation slot. Correct?
Old 05-03-2010, 01:37 PM

Your car isn't being built yet, yes they will give your deposit back. Yes you have an allocation, but its their next batch, car won't even hit the assembly until early July. Bayside might have cars about to hit the assembly line now that you can modify (status 112). To me, on paper it sounds like a win win situation.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:50 PM

Quote:
-phillip
chk your message box in a few minutes
Old 05-04-2010, 09:29 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 X5 sport M-package
I had a terrible experience with Bayside BMW when I had X5 between 2001 and 2004. First they tried to screw me by adding Luxury tax to the deal last minute (at the time of signin papers and taking the car). Only on the forum next day I recognized that NO luxury tax could be aplied to SUV. Had to call a financial department and forced them to refund the overpayment. Then when I tried to order the next car, they gave a very bad deal, so I took a delivery of Lexus GX. When came to return the X5 to them, they did not want to accept it telling me that I am not their customer and I did not took a delivery of my X5 from them - check computer several times and only after I warn them that I would call to BMW USA, they said "sorry, we was wrong" and started to ask me why I am not getting the next car from them. I am not sure if this was only me. But would say that I was not looking like an idiot you can get money easily and at the same time was not rude making them want to do a bad thing in reply.
Anyway, I would not order a next car from them ever. BTW, their service department is also not good - no loaners (gave me a buick 2 times), no pleasure dealing with them - only regrets.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:36 AM

Sorry to hear, but my experiences with them is the complete opposite. Very courteous and professional..... remember you are talking 6-9 years ago, I doubt those rude people still work there.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:48 AM
Coming back to BMW

I really hope my experience is better. Still waiting to hear from their CA, so I am not sure if a deal will happen, but I will let everyone know the results...
Old 05-05-2010, 01:55 PM

Mein Auto: Honda
Hi all,

Looking to own my first BMW and I have my eyes on 2010 X5 35D. I too looking to pay $500 over invoice which I don't think it is a terribly hard thing to do.

But my dealer is telling me on top of the $875 destination and $200 training fee, there is $300 MACO fee (advertising).

Is he BSing me? I don't see any post mention this fee.

Thanks in advance.

Jerry
Old 05-05-2010, 02:17 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 xDrive35d
I believe MACO costs vary by region, and are a legit dealer cost. I paid $200 MACO in the DC area, and $200 for training.

I can attest that training fees are legimate dealer costs, I have a good friend that is the DC/Metro area training rep for Toyota NA and he visits dealers frequently to train dealership staff on various things. So I assume dealership franchises have agreed upon fixed recharges that they remit back to HQ for training. I could probably ask him exactly how he is compensated by the dealer franchises, but I assume that's a reasonable approach.

Are you getting the Eco Credit too?
Old 05-05-2010, 02:30 PM

yes, I am also getting the ECO $4,500 credit. Correction to my previous post, I am getting a 2011 X5 35D.

So the price I got quoted for is the invoice($47,195) + destination($875) + Training($200) + MACO($300) + dealerMargin($500)
Old 05-05-2010, 03:48 PM

If you are getting the 4500 Eco Credit. Then it should be invoice($47,195) + destination($875) + Training($200) + MACO($300) + dealerMargin($500) - Eco Credit($4500), and is about as good of a deal as you can get for a 2011. Haven't seen anyone on these forums post anything better. Good luck and enjoy your vehicle when it comes in.

Last edited by arjuno; 05-05-2010 at 04:08 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:19 PM

Cool thanks. Now I got an "official" quote. There is $499 documentation fee. Is this standard?
Old 05-05-2010, 04:46 PM

Lol no!

Most reasonable doc fees run 50-80 dollars. Anything over that is pure profit junk fee for the dealer. Instead of a 500 over invoice as you have, on paper it's essentially a $900-950 over invoice deal. Some states enacted laws to prevent dealers from price gouging on these "junk" fees. What happens now is that the dealers max those fees out to whatever is allowable by law. If he's pulling this crap, who knows what he will do when your car comes in and you have to sign the paperwork with the F&I guy.

Your dealer will probably give you some bu*(s)*t reason for the fee about detailing/prepping the car and also all the paperwork involved to process the deal. You can pay someone $20/hr for 30 mins work to process all the paperwork involved. Every dealer has to detail/prep the car for delivery anyway. To give you some perspective, my doc fee was $55 in CA.

Don't get me wrong, I still think the deal is decent, these days a $900-950 over invoice deal is still good for a 2011. Look at the deal as a whole, and gauge whether your dealer is going to continue playing games with you down the line when the car comes in and you have to sign the paperwork. Do I think you could do better, yes, but is it worth the effort for another $400 dollars on a 60-70k vehicle, probably not.

Last edited by arjuno; 05-05-2010 at 05:06 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:00 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunpole View Post
Cool thanks. Now I got an "official" quote. There is $499 documentation fee. Is this standard?
Ouch! and I thought my $350 doc fee was bad.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:25 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 528i/Space Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjuno View Post
Lol no!

Most reasonable doc fees run 50-80 dollars. Anything over that is pure profit junk fee for the dealer. Instead of a 500 over invoice as you have, on paper it's essentially a $900-950 over invoice deal. Some states enacted laws to prevent dealers from price gouging on these "junk" fees. What happens now is that the dealers max those fees out to whatever is allowable by law. If he's pulling this crap, who knows what he will do when your car comes in and you have to sign the paperwork with the F&I guy.

Your dealer will probably give you some bu*(s)*t reason for the fee about detailing/prepping the car and also all the paperwork involved to process the deal. You can pay someone $20/hr for 30 mins work to process all the paperwork involved. Every dealer has to detail/prep the car for delivery anyway. To give you some perspective, my doc fee was $55 in CA.

Don't get me wrong, I still think the deal is decent, these days a $900-950 over invoice deal is still good for a 2011. Look at the deal as a whole, and gauge whether your dealer is going to continue playing games with you down the line when the car comes in and you have to sign the paperwork. Do I think you could do better, yes, but is it worth the effort for another $400 dollars on a 60-70k vehicle, probably not.
+1. I would have trust issues with a salesman that tells you $500 over invoice and then adds another $499. If you don't mind driving a little (or doing PCD) I can highly recommend someone in the DC area.
2001 330i Black Metallic/Biege (retired)
Old 05-05-2010, 05:52 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 xDrive35d
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunpole View Post
Shop it to another local dealer, and flat out ask them, if they have a "doc fee". The dealership I ordered from flatly said "wow, that's really high, ours is $100". So what he did was take his margin to $400, and then entered his doc fee as $100. So still my profit paid to him was $500.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travel4B View Post
+1. I would have trust issues with a salesman that tells you $500 over invoice and then adds another $499. If you don't mind driving a little (or doing PCD) I can highly recommend someone in the DC area.
I agree. I do feel the trust issue here as many of you mentioned, I don't want to get dinged for any other fees. Besides this place is already an hour drive for me. Another dumb question, when you take the car to service, can I do that in any BMW dealership or only the one I bought the car from? What is the margin you paid from the DC dealer? What other fees they charge?