Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 03-13-2010, 10:22 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 Active Hybrid 7
Got the iPhone (Smartphone) factory snap in cradle

I broke down and got it today! The dealer where I bought my 7er last week, has Saturday Service and Parts...so I got it this late afternoon. They had 2 in stock for my iPhone, and actually sold it to me for about $50.00 off retail.

Besides not being able to use my protective iPhone case....it works great. Reception is for sure improved. Areas by my house that almost always result in a dropped call, or a mangled/chopped up conversation are now clear and strong!

One quirk though, maybe someone has some insight!! When I was using my iPhone with just the standard Bluetooth connection, if I hit the Telephone symbol on the steering wheel, the last few names of people in my address book that I dialed would show up in my instrument cluster. It would say (for example)...Mom home, John cell, Lars cell, Bob Smith BMW, etc, etc

Now with my iPhone snapped in the smarthphone cradle, if I push the Telephone button on the steering wheel, I get a list of the last few numbers I dialed, but they are listed only by telephone numbers....not names. Any idea why this is?

Thanks!
Advertisement
Old 03-13-2010, 10:40 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 750 Li
Mine shows names both in and out of the cradle.

The only time it does not show names is when I put the car on the first time and I look at the display on the dash without giving the phone book enough time to download.

It will only show the names when the phone book is downloaded. Numbers not in my phone book show up as numbers and not names.

Also, if you look at the display before the phone book is download and then it downloads you need to get out of the display and then back in once the phone book is loaded in order to see the name.

2010 750 Li |Citrin Black|Amaro Brown Leather|IndividualComposition|Piano Black Wood Trim|

2012 MB Designo S 550
Old 03-14-2010, 07:52 AM

Thanks LovinM6. I will see today, if this works. Yesterday, I had been in the car at least 20 mins (and made several calls) and only numbers from my address book were shown (no names).
Old 03-17-2010, 07:06 AM

LovinM6...it works. I don't know why it didn't work on 3/14, but it works everytime know, and beautifully. SO happy I shelled out a little more for the smartphone/iPhone cradle. The cell reception is A LOT better!!
Old 03-17-2010, 08:00 PM

Mein Auto: 750Li
If you want to use the phone out of the cradle and keep your case and still benefit from the shark fin antenna, check out my thread regarding the externder cable I purchased :

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=440185