Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 03-19-2010, 09:18 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW
EDD - Back To Diesel

The 525tds Touring was the first Diesel I owned - back in the mid nineties when I still lived in Austria. Was a great great car, sold it with tears in my eyes when I moved to the US .

Today I ordered a 2011 335d for Munich pick up on May 13th (date not confirmed yet). This will be my wife's daily driver, so she makes the trip to the Welt.

We had to make a decision between a VW TDI Sportswagon, and the BMW 335d, two totally different cars. The Volkswagen is a great car, nicely equipped, great mileage, and would have been the more reasonable choice. The BMW is more luxurious, has much more power, and is just more fun. And the price difference was not quite as big considering BMW's ED discount, low markup over invoice, and the Eco Credit. While the dreamer at the VW dealership wanted a markup of $3,800 over MRSP!

Sorry, my wife's itinerary will not sound too exciting for the typical ED buyer. She will stay 2 weeks and visit family and friends in Munich, Innsbruck, Villach, Graz, Steyr and maybe Vienna.

Can't wait to get the car redelivered. And when I'm a good husband and do the dishes maybe she will allow me to drive the car every now and then...
Old 03-22-2010, 08:16 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 Audi A4 Avant 2.0T
I bought the 2010 Golf TDI with an automated manual and am really enjoying it. I think the 2010 Jetta Sportwagen TDI uses the same (MKIV) platform, but BOTH are hard to find and selling above MSRP in most cases, as opposed to the BMW offering which is being heavily incentivized. We bought 2 hours away (Dover, DE from Baltimore) and paid $300 below MSRP. We got $1700 credit from the feds, but that credit for VW/Audi will expire soon because they will have exceeded the 60,000 vehicle cap by this time, which triggers the phase-out.

The wife and I were talking yesterday about the 320d coming to the US, but I think with the tepid response for the 335d, this may not happen any time soon.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:30 AM
Travel Fever

Mein Auto: 535dx
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBeam View Post
The 525tds Touring was the first Diesel I owned - back in the mid nineties when I still lived in Austria. Was a great great car, sold it with tears in my eyes when I moved to the US .

Today I ordered a 2011 335d for Munich pick up on May 13th (date not confirmed yet). This will be my wife's daily driver, so she makes the trip to the Welt.

We had to make a decision between a VW TDI Sportswagon, and the BMW 335d, two totally different cars. The Volkswagen is a great car, nicely equipped, great mileage, and would have been the more reasonable choice. The BMW is more luxurious, has much more power, and is just more fun. And the price difference was not quite as big considering BMW's ED discount, low markup over invoice, and the Eco Credit. While the dreamer at the VW dealership wanted a markup of $3,800 over MRSP!

Sorry, my wife's itinerary will not sound too exciting for the typical ED buyer. She will stay 2 weeks and visit family and friends in Munich, Innsbruck, Villach, Graz, Steyr and maybe Vienna.

Can't wait to get the car redelivered. And when I'm a good husband and do the dishes maybe she will allow me to drive the car every now and then...
not too exciting?? Don't worry, no one beats my mother and her brothers. They only want to go to shopping malls. Rest of the time, they would just stop by some touristy spots for photo ops.

MJ14 535dx - Imperial Blue
MJ10 550 GT - Imperial Blue (retired)
MJ07 530i - Silver Grey (Sold)
Old 03-22-2010, 11:38 AM
Freude am Fahren

Mein Auto: Fünfer und Dreier
Congratulations. Good to hear about your 525td.

Please feel free to use The Diesel Driver as a point-of-reference for your trip as well.

F10 2014 535d M Sport Mondstein Metallic
F10 2012 ActiveHybrid 5 Azuritschwarz Metallic
MB 2011 E350 BlueTec
E70 2011 X5 xDrive35d*
E90 2010 335d*
E60 2008 550i*

E90 2006 330xi*
E90 2006 325i
E90 2006 330xi*
E39 2003 530i*
E46 2000 328Ci*
E36 1996 328iS*