Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series

6 Series
The BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 03-17-2010, 12:47 PM

Mein Auto: 645
E63 Brake Rotors

Changing the fron rotors on my 645. I came across EBC 3GD SPORT DIMPLED AND SLOTTED BRAKE ROTORS, VENTED, GOLD ZINC, SET for about $350 shipped. Does anyone have any experience with them? Good idea...bad idea?
Ads by Google
Old 03-19-2010, 11:35 AM

Mein Auto: 650I
I just replaced my rears. I am waiting for the front pads to arrive to change the fronts. Look great. I did not hear any noise until I changed out the stock wheels. Now between 20-40 MPH I can hear some whoosh noise form them, which I heard was to be expected. They look amazing! The gold color wears off immediately from the rotor surface (which I was happy about).
Old 03-21-2010, 07:44 PM
Makin Lotsa Noise

Mein Auto: ACS e64 650i SMG S.Black
Rotora has black carbon rotors...looks great when installed coz it kinda resembles the PCCB from the Porkers...but wears off immediately after use...which is a bummer.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:55 AM

Mein Auto: 2005 e63
I got a set of cross drilled and slotted ones from vivid racing they were 175$ a piece and akebono pads love them, no more dust YEA!