Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Old 10-25-2003, 06:19 PM
Account closed at users request

Mein Auto:
For sale: ME262 Jet Aircraft, 1944 model

ME262 Project at Paine Field, WA. They have a couple ready to sell, 1/1 scale. 1.5 million if you have it laying around.

Had an opportunity to take some photos while a couple Military magazines did some photo shoots (Didn't catch there names unfortunately) This is airframe #1 I believe, already sold to a German museum in Munich. Been repaired since its maiden flight in January when they had a nose gear failure.

Click the thumbnails to enlargeUse dummy name, email addy, password)
http://www.snapfish.com/share/p=9225...andOid=1000131

For those of you that don't know the Germany ME262 history in WW2, theres a good link below the pics as well as this manufacturers Website (Stormbirds)http://www.stormbirds.com/warbirds/history/history.html

American Pilots just 60 years ago reported the first "Pooping of shorts" as they attacked American B17 and B25 bomber formations over Germany.

Last edited by Guest84; 10-25-2003 at 06:35 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 10-25-2003, 06:48 PM
fahrer

Mein Auto: doesn't have rear fogs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripsnort
ME262 Project at Paine Field, WA. They have a couple ready to sell, 1/1 scale. 1.5 million if you have it laying around.
"1/1 scale!" Bwah!

Me want - but that kind of coin would buy me a fleet of Pitts!

Everytime I think about the PITA of keeping classic cars/bikes, I just remind myself what guys like this go through.
Old 10-25-2003, 09:16 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2002 540i/6
Man those German's were out there... That was some very impressive engineering. Notice how the front view resembles our Stealth technology?

Do you know if these are the only flying ones. I would love to see those planes fly.
Old 10-26-2003, 04:21 AM
Account closed at users request

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malachi
Man those German's were out there... That was some very impressive engineering. Notice how the front view resembles our Stealth technology?

Do you know if these are the only flying ones. I would love to see those planes fly.
Yes, they are the only flying-condition ME262's in the world.
Old 10-26-2003, 04:44 PM
We meet again............

Mein Auto: Nothing!
I've always loved the Messerchmitt Me262's design. The Germans produced some pretty revolutionary aircraft for their time. I also heard that they are currently producing Focke-Wulf Fw190 flyable replicas for about $500,000+.

Chinese PIMPMOBILE!

(anyone else seeing a Phantom?)
Old 10-26-2003, 09:04 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2002 540i/6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bimmer
I've always loved the Messerchmitt Me262's design. The Germans produced some pretty revolutionary aircraft for their time. I also heard that they are currently producing Focke-Wulf Fw190 flyable replicas for about $500,000+.
The ME 262 the Fw 190 along with many other WWII airplanes were beautiful. I don't have a pilot's license or the money, else I would consider owning one of those birds.

I wonder how much they get paid for an appearance at an air show?