Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series DIY

7 Series DIY
Do It Yourself forum dedicated for 7 Series BMW Owners

Old 01-13-2015, 02:20 PM

Mein Auto: 12 750LiX
Driver Side Angel Eyes Out

These are 2 yr old aftermarket bulbs. I am guessing the driver side burned out. I am not getting any notification so I am a bit confused. Anyone have this issue?

Thanks,
B
Advertisement
Old 01-14-2015, 07:33 AM

Mein Auto: 745i
Give us some more information.

If the light was flickering prior to going out it might be the ballast. It is a simple fix but you have to drop the bumper to change it as it is underneath the headlight assembly. It isn't hard to do it just takes some time.
Old 01-17-2015, 05:21 PM

Mein Auto: 740d M Sport
do you have the halogen (yellow) angel eyes, if so, did you replace it with led aftermarket ones or replace it with complicated HID system aftermarket?

if any of the above, the reason you dont have a notifcation that it is burned out is the system is being fooled byt he resistors to make the car think there is a bulb. you need to change the led/hid bulb.

if you have the facelift car, you need a new headlight.

the comment above regarding dropping bumper is for the old bmws, not relevant for f01/02