Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > BMW News Articles and Announcements

BMW News Articles and Announcements
Read the latest BMW headlines and discuss them with your fellow bimmer enthusiasts!

Old 04-12-2010, 01:20 PM   #1
Dinan's Take on the 1 Series M1

tim330i
Administrator

Show Printable Version Email this Page

Advertisement
posted by tim330i

Dinan, known for incredible BMW tuning, has given up waiting on the much rumored 1 Series M1 (see rumor links below). They've simply taken their 1 series program to another level, or another stage, Stage 3. If you don't want to wait for a Munch born M1 that might, maybe, perhaps come out in 2011 or 2012 then take a look at Dinan's Stage 3, 408 horsepower breathing, $12,000 costing, 1 series package that you can put in your 1er now!

If you haven't read the rumors and speculation about the M1 read up here -
New Rumors on the upcoming BMW M1
More M1 Spy shots - Winter testing
More BMW M1 Rumors - M1 Highly Customizable from the Factory!
BMW M1 - Uprated 1 series - NOT being built!

Dinan builds A 1 Series M

There's been talk lately, as well as numerous spy photos to back up the rumors, that BMW will finally build an M version of its little 1 Series (see: Spied! 2012 BMW 1 Series M in our Spy Shots section). Well, Dinan-possibly the most experienced and well-respected BMW tuner in North America-has beaten the boys from Bavarian Motor Works to the punch with its latest project. Called the Stage 3 135i, Dinan's changes turn the 1 Series into a proper sports coupe.

While the latest scuttlebutt pegs BMW's upcoming 1 Series M (most likely on the market by 2011 in Europe and 2012 in North America) at around 350 bhp, Dinan has pumped the 3.0-liter twin-turbo inline-6 up to 380 bhp (from the stock 300) on 91-octane fuel, or 408 bhp on 93 octane. Let's just say the difference between the Dinan 135i and the stock version is extremely noticeable, with acceleration aplenty and power galore, as well as some actual personality from its freer-flowing twin-outlet exhaust.

Dinan's suspension tweaks make possibly an even bigger difference, turning the stock, steady-state understeering car into a quick-turning, flickable corner-carver. And, ride quality suffers only marginally, the reward in improved handling completely outweighing any degradation. Also, check out how perfect the ride height looks.

Here's the thing: You can wait until who-knows-when for BMW to build an M version of its own, or you can have Dinan build up your 135i right now ($11,890 for the engine tuning and suspension). And, although we won't know for a little while, Dinan's car just might end up being the better performer.

Source - http://blog.roadandtrack.com/dinan-builds-a-1-series-m/

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dinan-Builds-BMW-1-series-M1.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	225842   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dinan-Builds-BMW-1-series-M1_2.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	225843  

This article has been viewed 2158 times.