Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)

X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
The X5 SAV Forum

Old 04-18-2010, 09:45 AM
Living my Ultimate dream

Mein Auto: 2007 335ic, 2009 X5 3.0
Anyone had Crystal Fusion glass treatment applied to their windshield?

I just heard about this new product and was wondering if anyone here has had it applied to their windshield:

Crystal Fusion - www.crystalfusiontechnologies.com

2009 E70 X5 3.0, Monaco Blue / Tobacco Leather / Dark Burl Walnut / Sport
Premium / Technology / CA / Sirius / iPod / Comfort, Heated seats / Running boards

2007 E92 335i, Space Gray / Black Leather / Gray Poplar
Sport / Premium / AT / Nav / CA / Sirius / iPod / Heated seats / Dinan flash
Ads by Google
Old 04-18-2010, 11:21 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
Scam.

Or I should say "jsut like all the other coatings you put onto glass but at 10x the price"

Rain X, etc, etc.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:24 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 328xi Jet Black
Full Disclaimer: I sell cars and this product...but what makes it a scam? It works like Rain X, yes, but whereas Rain X needs reapplied this product does not. That's worth something, right? The product claims to prevents chips and glass breakage in general. If it doesn't they replace your windshield with a factory OEM windshield, no deductible. That's worth something too, isn't it? Your insurance company isn't going to do that, not factory OEM at least. As with many things, one size does not fit all, so rather than label something a Scam maybe it;s better to just leave it as it's not right for you. I love RainX, but quite frankly it's a pain reapplying all the time. The next car I buy I will have the Crystal Fusion applied. I think it's worth it to try once and see what it's like.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:39 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkeonce View Post
The product claims to prevents chips and glass breakage in general. If it doesn't they replace your windshield with a factory OEM windshield, no deductible. e.
You want to post up that warranty you claim they offer?

They actually don't make it available, but do talk about 'guaranty'...

Oh, and you say Rainx has to be reapplied? So does this:

How can I keep my glass at peak performance?

A maintenance solution is available free of charge from Crystal Fusion Technologies.

Wanna bet no warranty unless you buy and apply this magic solution every 30 days.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:16 AM

I'm not sure what you are looking at...The warranty is 5 years from the day it gets put on the windshield. They will repair any chips or nicks in the glass and to teh extentt hat the car can't pass a state inspection due to line of site issues with broken glass they replace with OEM windshields. The new windshield gets the treatment reapplied to it fre of charge. Other tahn that it never needs reapplied.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:08 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkeonce View Post
I'm not sure what you are looking at....
I'm looking at their website, and there is no 'warranty' terms posted...and an FAQ that says you should reapply the fluid.

If you have a document or other description, you should post it...if all you're going to do is post YOUR interpretation of what you tell customers, then might I opine that is not really enough?
Old 11-03-2010, 03:54 PM

It's not my interpretation, it's what they do. I would imagine that if we made claims like that and couldn't back them up we wouldn't remain in business very long. I was on the Crystal Fusion Technologies site, while you are correct, there is no claim of warranty there, I could also find no where that stated it needed reapplied. I stand by behind my statement that it has warranty for 5 years that will replace your windshield with an OEM windshield. Your original statement was "scam", I'm just trying to offer a different view as to what value the product might have. I really don't have anything to gain by offering the information I gave. The original post is kind of old. If the poster wants to follow up at his local dealer I'm sure they would be happy to explain it to him.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:35 AM

Mein Auto: X5
How much is this product?