Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)

E36 (1991 - 1999)
The E36 chassis 3-Series BMW was a huge hit among driving enthusiasts from the first moment the car hit the pavement. The E36 won numerous awards over the years it was produced and is still a favorite of many BMW enthusiasts to this day! -- View the E36 Wiki

Old 04-24-2010, 02:15 PM
Heavy Hustla

Mein Auto: 1993 325IS
Exclamation i have dash issues please help!

hi everyone i just drove home from class yesterday and turned off my car and realized i needed to go back out so when i get back into my car it was making the loud sound like i left on my lights but in a different rhythm. when i started up my car everything was fine but the measuring things on the dash stopped working.. so now i cant tell how fast im driving what RPM im at how much gas i have. also the digital millage reader is off. also i realized my cruis control dosent work and pretty much all the on board computer stuff doesn't work. i feel that this could just be a fuse that has blown but i have no idea were this fuse would be. by the way i have a 93 325is 2 door coupe with a 5 speed

Thanks guys id really appropriate anything i can get.
Advertisement
Old 04-24-2010, 09:15 PM
Just living MY dream

Mein Auto: 1995 M3 Boston Green
Try to reset the cluster

1. With the key in the off position, push the trip reset button in the cluster
2. Turn the ket to on position, but don't start the car
3. Release the button, the cluster will read out some numbers where your odometer is, then will sweep through the function of all the gauges

If this doesn't work, try to remove the cluster and make sure all the connections are secure behind, there are three. You don't need to remove the steering wheel if it is pointed straight. Just remove the two screws in the top of the cluster and slide it forward. Reach behind to release and attach the connections, there are some slide clasps that hold the plugs in.

Good luck

Member #2 of the Boston Green Mafia BMW-CCA #457574

1995 BG M3(sold) 2000 TiAg 4.4l X5(sold)

-2000 F250 V10
-2004 GMC Yukon Denali

-I do the things today that others won't do, so I will have the things tomorrow that other won't have....
Old 04-25-2010, 09:14 PM
Heavy Hustla

ya i tried to do that and it wont work because the gauges arnt even taking power i think im just goin to have to get another one
Old 04-25-2010, 09:15 PM
Fireballs inc.

Send a message via AIM to Mr Gusta
Mein Auto: big turbo hellrot sedan
the fuses are under the hood

Turbo lag is just a headstart because the chase is more exciting than the win - Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-25-2010, 09:39 PM
Heavy Hustla

ya i checked that much at least lol thanks tho
Old 04-26-2010, 09:02 AM
Just living MY dream

Mein Auto: 1995 M3 Boston Green
If it doesn't even sweep or light up and you have checked the plugs, then you have a broken solder in side more than likely and it will need to be replaced.

Member #2 of the Boston Green Mafia BMW-CCA #457574

1995 BG M3(sold) 2000 TiAg 4.4l X5(sold)

-2000 F250 V10
-2004 GMC Yukon Denali

-I do the things today that others won't do, so I will have the things tomorrow that other won't have....
Old 04-26-2010, 07:20 PM
Heavy Hustla

ya thats what i figured thanks for the help guys