Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 04-29-2010, 06:49 PM
Call Ivan @ 973-780-9541

Send a message via AIM to BMWofBloomfield
Mein Auto: Z4MC/540i/Boxster/Supra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
I thought I read somewhere that 70% of BMWs in the U.S. were ordered by customers, not bought off the lot.
I'm sure there are certain pockets in the US where this might be the case but, certainly not the larger metropolitan areas. Less than 20% of our particular dealer's sales are factory orders.

Ivan Romero
Business Manager
BMW of Bloomfield
973-780-9541
iromero@bmwofbloomfield.com
www.bmwofbloomfield.com
Old 04-30-2010, 05:49 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2004 330Ci
My CA have not replied to my inquiry regarding my X5 production status, it has been 3 days since I sent him the email and voice mail, should I just go directly to the manager now? I don't want to piss him off since I'm gonna ask him to throw in a free DEF bottle and maybe some floor mats.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:28 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
Quote:
Originally Posted by fonger View Post
My CA have not replied to my inquiry regarding my X5 production status, it has been 3 days since I sent him the email and voice mail, should I just go directly to the manager now? I don't want to piss him off since I'm gonna ask him to throw in a free DEF bottle and maybe some floor mats.

So how will YOU feel when he says "no can do" on def or mats ...after he's ignored your calls and notes, and not been straight with you?

Call and have him paged, or tell the receptionist "I'll hold"....
Old 04-30-2010, 07:04 AM

Mein Auto: X5 35i Sport Sapphire
Quote:
Originally Posted by fonger View Post
It won't accomplish a thing, don't waste your time. Its not like the CA or his boss is going to be able to move up the production date for anyone. I ordered mine back on March 8th, and it is still "on order". I called different people many times and the answer is always the generic "its going to production next week"......... whatever. Its almost 2 months now and it hasn't budged. So for me making another 100 phone calls will not change a thing.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:42 AM

Mein Auto: 2004 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0428 View Post
It won't accomplish a thing, don't waste your time. Its not like the CA or his boss is going to be able to move up the production date for anyone. I ordered mine back on March 8th, and it is still "on order". I called different people many times and the answer is always the generic "its going to production next week"......... whatever. Its almost 2 months now and it hasn't budged. So for me making another 100 phone calls will not change a thing.
I ended up calling the 1-800 number and talking to a bmw rep, he told me my vehicle is on schedule for for week 18, i.e. 'next week'. Here's to hoping that I won't get the same answer when I call next Tuesday.

I understand that there's not much the CA or I can do about the production date. It just bugs me that the CA won't even bother to reply to me since he had told me it's week 17th(this week) production. I just wanted to know if the schedule had changed...which it did.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:43 AM

Mein Auto: BMW328i
Wink 2011 X5 another delay?

Interesting update, I contacted BMW NA customer service and it appears they know nothing of any delays. I even read them the message sent out on EPA/CARB delays on the X5 35D that stated the X5 35Ds model would not ship until May.

In addition they had no knowledge of the seat module delay for production week 15-16. It appears BMW automotive sales in area code 201 has more insider information on production then what customer relations at the factory will tell you.

I would strongly encourage anyone who is waiting for their beloved X5 2011 to call the customer relations headquarters and convey the information listed in the "Another delay on the 2011 X5 post and point out that we know what they don't know
Old 04-30-2010, 11:42 AM

Mein Auto: Honda Odyssey
Do you by chance have that phone #? I've been searching, googling, and can't seem to find it! I keep getting the same 800 # for customer service.

Thanks!
Old 04-30-2010, 12:15 PM

Mein Auto: BMW328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherilah View Post
Where can I find the BMW # to call?

Thanks!
I called this number and got in no problem I just hit option 2 on the keypad. 800-831-1117
- Show quoted text -
Old 04-30-2010, 04:38 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X5M
My 2011 X5M is ready for delivery next week!
Old 04-30-2010, 05:31 PM

Mein Auto: X%
I ordered my 2011 X5 50i on 4/12. Dealer called today and said to come get it tomrorrow!!
Old 04-30-2010, 05:39 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X5 50i
post pics!!!
Old 04-30-2010, 11:29 PM

Mein Auto: 09 mini cooper S conv JCW
jkleinke You have no idea how lucky you are to get your car so fast. Mine is a 50i also, and my order was place in beginning of March. My car was completed April 14th. It has been sitting awaiting release to the carrier for 2 weeks, due to the seat campaign. It is supposed to be completed on Monday May 3. But this is the one of about 4 delays, every week the completion date gets pushed back one more week. I do not understand it. It is very frustrating. I am not getting my hopes up, as it will probably be pushed back again. I may not get my car until June!
Old 05-01-2010, 04:31 AM

rans09vert, good luck to you in getting that delivery date ASAP. I have no idea why mine came so quickly. I did order comfort seats but the bulletin which you attached implies that woud not have made a difference. I guess that I better make sure that the seats will actually move, LOL.

Last edited by jkleinke; 05-01-2010 at 04:41 AM.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:07 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkleinke View Post
rans09vert, good luck to you in getting that delivery date ASAP. I have no idea why mine came so quickly. I did order comfort seats but the bulletin which you attached implies that woud not have made a difference. I guess that I better make sure that the seats will actually move, LOL.
Interesting distinction- perhaps production/operations has said "lets use whatever modules we do have on Comfort Seat Equipped cars so when the have to field retrofit we only have to provide rework orders for one type of seat"??
Old 05-01-2010, 10:37 AM

Could be. I did get a call today - no car. Says Monday now. Talk about a let down.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:11 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Could be. I did get a call today - no car. Says Monday now. Talk about a let down.

Really?!

I'd be up their business demanding why they are jerking me around. Where is the bill of lading providing the car is with a common carrier headed to the dealership??

Nothing worse than being lied to.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:31 PM

I'm headed out there now to take care of some details. However, I do not expect that they are lying or jerking me around. Could be but I doubt it. This is the second car I have bought from the same guy. Not sure he has a reason to jerk me around. I was not expecting the car for another couple of weeks anyway.
Old 05-01-2010, 02:19 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Dealer called today and said to come get it tomrorrow!!
Quote:
I do not expect that they are lying or jerking me around.
My definition of "come get it tomorrow" means "car is here today" or "car is on truck and driver called to say he will be here tomorrow at 8AM"

Anything else falls into my definition of 'getting jerked around'...

But I'm sensitive

Good luck- the good news it WILL be here eventually!

A
Old 05-01-2010, 03:58 PM

OK to add all the information and be clear, what they said is "it's on the truck and we believe it will be here tomorrow. You can come out and get it". Turns out that for whatever reason, the car did not get there. Went to the dealer today and saw the pertinent details in the system. I'll have it on Monday.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:40 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW X5 3.5 Premium
Misinformation from BMW

I am continually entertained by the misinformation being provided by BMW. I ordered my 2011 BMW X5 35i premium mid March and was told that it would be available late April to early May. Based on what I am reading and that my vehicle is still in the "on order" phase on the BMW USA website I don't expect to see it until June. I have a friend who ordered hers at the begining of March and was told it was "in transit" three weeks ago only to find out that it wasn't. She has heard a bevy of reasons so far and has no firm date about delivery.

I was told this morning that I should extend the lease on my Volvo XC90 for a month (Volvo won't extend at all). I will take that as an indication that we will not be seeing the X5 for at least that long. I was told that the car's engine is awaiting EPA approval. I am not sure how that is given the fact that it hasn't been built yet and that the approvals happend on April 26. I would be much happier being told the truth. It's pretty simple. Dear Buyer, we are having serious production issues and have no idea at this point when we can get you the car. At least then I can make an informed decision.

Last edited by univax; 05-05-2010 at 06:10 AM.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:21 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by univax View Post
I am continually entertained by the misinformation being provided by BMW. I ordered my 2011 BMW X5 3.5 premium mid March and was told that it would be available late April to early May. Based on what I am reading and that my vehicle is still in the "on order" phase on the BMW USA website I don't expect to see it until June. I have a friend who ordered hers at the begining of March and was told it was "in transit" three weeks ago only to find out that it wasn't. She has heard a bevy of reasons so far and has no firm date about delivery.

I was told this morning that I should extend the lease on my Volvo XC90 for a month (Volvo won't extend at all). I will take that as an indication that we will not be seeing the X5 for at least that long. I was told that the car's engine is awaiting EPA approval. I am not sure how that is given the fact that it hasn't been built yet and that the approvals happend on April 26. I would be much happier being told the truth. It's pretty simple. Dear Buyer, we are having serious production issues and have no idea at this point when we can get you the car. At least then I can make an informed decision.
You ordered a 35Diesel? That is not yet CARB certified. The 4/26 listing is for the 30 gas motor.

(They don't approve YOUR motor- they approve a model for the entire year. so your motor can get built before or after the approval comes...)

I agree the truth is nice, but as an organization they are pretty incompetent- they are simply clueless, combined with the typical salesman tendency to make stuff up.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:05 PM

Mein Auto: Honda Odyssey
I found out today that my production week is week 20...still not on the line and won't be for a few weeks. It's looking like I'll be getting it in June at this point. Ugh!
Old 05-05-2010, 06:11 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW X5 3.5 Premium
I got the 2011 X5 35i premium
Old 05-05-2010, 07:42 AM
UK (ex-Pat)

Mein Auto: 2010 X5 3.0d M pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gian View Post
What about Porsche. Aren't they #1 in reliability? Wait, no third row?

I, too, am thinking about an SUV to add to my driveway. I was thinking about the x5d or x5 35i but I am concerned about the reliability of these new engines. Even my indy says to wait and see. But, I can't wait forever. Can anyone ease my mind? I have read many positive reviews regarding the 2010 models but most of them are for the diesel version.
Diesel engines are only new to you guys in the USA !
we have lived with them for years, in fact 80% of all cars in Belgium are Diesel.
They go further on a tank of fuel. The engines have a lot more torque than a petrol does, and they do more miles before breaking down. They don't sound so good as a V8 thou, I'll give you that ! But they have so much sound deadening, from inside you can't tell the difference.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:04 PM

Mein Auto: 09 mini cooper S conv JCW
Well, my car has been done for 3 weeks as of today, and has just been sitting waiting for the seat module! 3 weeks! And no one at BMW can tell me when the seat module will be in and my car will be done. On this site and xoutpost I have seen pictures of other 2011 X5's that were produced 2 weeks after mine, and the owners already have their cars! This is beyond unbelievable, and beyond ridiculous already. I have been waiting since December and have had delays on my original order for a 2010, and now this one. What an absolute joke! I am soooo pissed, and I am not able to do a damn thing! I know, I can buy another car, but this is the car I want. Just venting, sorry.