Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 07-24-2010, 09:19 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X5 35D, M3 CiC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuma man View Post
I placed my order for my X5 diesel with my BMW dealer on July 9th. When I called the BMW 800 number today I was advised my X5 diesel was in the paint shop and scheduled to be finished on July 26th. At this point I've no idea when it'll show-up in Oxnard. Patience is a virtue. Waiting for a BMW X5 is a test of one's patience. Therefore, the X5 and virtue is it's own reward.

Zuma Man
I ordered my x5 diesel in June, did not get it in the system until July 2 (my dealer did not have a "production number." My X5 won't even come to the build stage until mid-Aug or so my dealer says. The 800 number and the tracking system on the web do not have it being built as yet. So how did you get so lucky??
Old 07-24-2010, 10:04 PM

Mein Auto: Zipcars
Quote:
Originally Posted by drharley View Post
I ordered my x5 diesel in June, did not get it in the system until July 2 (my dealer did not have a "production number." My X5 won't even come to the build stage until mid-Aug or so my dealer says. The 800 number and the tracking system on the web do not have it being built as yet. So how did you get so lucky??
He just got a dealer that had an unclaimed car about ready to hit production - so virtually no wait. And your dealer didn't have any open slots (or didn't give you one), so you were on the end of the queue. Each dealership has a limited amount of production slots each month, when I was ordering, one dealership only had one left for that month (and I'm sure some of those are specced X5s for the lot to get walk-in customers at a high price).

When ordering a car, availability of production slots is something to consider in addition to price - as you can see, one dealer might be able to get a car 4-6 weeks sooner than the next dealer.

Don't feel too bad, I've been waiting for about 6 weeks, and I will be lucky if I get my car before 8 weeks. Luck of the draw.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:08 PM

Mein Auto: 09 335i M Sport / BMWInd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet3 View Post
Took delivery today on X5 5.0. It was finished Wednesday and arrived Thursday afternoon. There are many advantages to living in Charleston SC. Lots of trucks because of shipping out of port. Also got to see it produced during factory tour - pretty neat experience.
Very naive question, but since your car was produced after the shut down, can you confirm that nothing from the announced September production changes was done on your car? Talking about Bluetooth/Ipod improvements, mobile office, possibly LED daylight running lights etc. I am sure, if that would be the case, you would let us know, but still, just checking. Thanks.
Old 07-25-2010, 04:52 AM

Mein Auto: 335ci
None of the "September Changes" were on car.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:15 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 X5 D
Placed order on June 6. Did not get production number for almost two weeks. Car finally in production with 7/30 finish date. sloooowwww.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:50 AM

Mein Auto: Zipcars
So mine now shows "At the preparation center". 800 number said it's waiting for carrier pickup.

I had thought they did initial assembly in SC, then shipped on a train to Oxnard "preparation center", and then released to shipping carrier? It sounds like it's either made an insanely fast train trip to Oxnard, or it was prepped and released to shipping in SC. Any chance they drive it on a truck the entire way up here!?
Old 07-26-2010, 04:07 PM

Mein Auto: Quantum Nanotech X5
Here's my status:

July 2nd: Order X5 35i Premium
July 19th: Finished in Paint Shop, awaiting carrier
July 26: Dealer states vehicle just left NJ, being transported to dealership today
July 28/29: Dealer wants me to pick up the vehicle...

All in less than a month. Crossing my fingers, The sooner the better
Old 07-27-2010, 04:49 PM

Mein Auto: 10' 750li, 11' X5 3.5D
Well, finally got the call from the dealer that my car is here! Ordered 5/24... I'm just happy it''s over with. I would've lost patience with the process if you guys hadn't explained it to me. My salesman, who's also a very close friend, said if I was going to pay that kind of money for a car, you need to get it the way you want it. Previously, I'd just pick up something off the lot or one of the other dealers swap out for something I'd like.

Feel like a kid on Christmas morning

John

Presently---
'15 M4, Metallic Sapphire Black,
'07 Ferrari F430

Previous--
'12 750Xli Individual Imperial Blue
'11 X5 3.5d, Metallic Sapphire Black,
'10 750 Li, Metallic Sapphire, Black, Loaded
'07 M6, Silverstone
'07 650i, Mineral Silver Metallic, Cream Beige Leather, Cold Weather pkg,, Sport Pkg, Steptronic, Comfort Access, HUD, Sirius, & L7 Sound
2007 Z4M Coupe Saphire Black Metallic
2004 X3 Grey
2003 330i Red
1988 528e Gunmetal
1979 320i Black

Last edited by patrnflyr; 07-27-2010 at 04:53 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:16 PM

Mein Auto: X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet3 View Post
None of the "September Changes" were on car.
Do you have a blackberry and is your ipod on the latest OS?
Old 07-27-2010, 07:30 PM

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyX5 35i View Post
Here's my status:

July 2nd: Order X5 35i Premium
July 19th: Finished in Paint Shop, awaiting carrier
July 26: Dealer states vehicle just left NJ, being transported to dealership today
July 28/29: Dealer wants me to pick up the vehicle...

All in less than a month. Crossing my fingers, The sooner the better
that is very quick...I heard they were 1 week ahead of schedule.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:01 PM

Mein Auto: x5d
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrnflyr View Post
Well, finally got the call from the dealer that my car is here! Ordered 5/24... I'm just happy it''s over with. I would've lost patience with the process if you guys hadn't explained it to me. My salesman, who's also a very close friend, said if I was going to pay that kind of money for a car, you need to get it the way you want it. Previously, I'd just pick up something off the lot or one of the other dealers swap out for something I'd like.

Feel like a kid on Christmas morning

John
Congratulations! That's a long wait. j
Old 07-30-2010, 08:23 AM

Mein Auto: 12 991,12 ML350,05 955CTT
The status on BMWUSA was updated during the week to show "At your BMW center." I waited a couple of days and finally called the dealer yesterday. Not sure why they didn't take the initiative and call me when it arrived, but it is there and I pick it up tomorrow. Looking forward to it. Ordered mid June.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:00 PM

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntax View Post
The status on BMWUSA was updated during the week to show "At your BMW center." I waited a couple of days and finally called the dealer yesterday. Not sure why they didn't take the initiative and call me when it arrived, but it is there and I pick it up tomorrow. Looking forward to it. Ordered mid June.
They didn't call because they already sold you a car. They don't care about you. They were busy with PROSPECTIVE customers.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:05 PM

Mein Auto: 12 991,12 ML350,05 955CTT
Quote:
Originally Posted by the J-Man View Post
They didn't call because they already sold you a car. They don't care about you. They were busy with PROSPECTIVE customers.

Not sure how tongue in cheek that was intended to be, but I was thinking along similar lines earlier today.
Old 07-31-2010, 05:34 PM

Mein Auto: X5 35D, M3 CiC
Quote:
Originally Posted by the J-Man View Post
That makes no sense. The dealer does not get paid until you pick up the vehicle. If they don't give a shxt about the customer's vehicle delivery, maybe you should bite the bullet and buy a different vehicle or use another dealer. I am a loyal BMW person, but if my dealer did that to me without an apology and a gift to assuage my anger, they will have another custom ordered vehicle in their inventory. At the price of an X5, one should expect more than the usual common courtesy and professionalism.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:20 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 335xi coupe
I checked the BMW website last week and my vehicle was as at the preparation center. I just called the 800# for BMWNA, and it states that my vehicle is in production with a scheduled finish date of July 26th. Something's not right since today is August 2nd. I just emailed by CA to find out what's up...

Fairly disorganized and unreliable tracking system, but I'm sure I'll get my car eventually...