Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E39 (1997 - 2003)

E39 (1997 - 2003)
The BMW 5-Series (E39 chassis) was introduced in the United States as a 1997 model year car and lasted until the 2004 when the E60 chassis was released. The United States saw several variations including the 525i, 528i, 530i and 540i. -- View the E39 Wiki

Old 03-31-2013, 09:26 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 540i/6 E39
Cool Beating the Dead Horse: Aftermarket Replica Bumpers

I am aware that the topic has been discussed a million times over, but none of the other threads have been conclusive, or at least given a satisfactory answer.

This thread mainly pertains to the front bumper replicas of the M5 front.

There are, however few solid opinions backed by facts exist:
- Almost all the major suppliers (DDMTuning, Umnitza, Modbargains, Kohalty) source their bumpers from the same Taiwanese company.
- These are made of PP(Polypropylene) .

There are also points of differentiation that leave the community with the most questions:
- Fitment
- Fog light quality
- Grill insert type

I'm already got my OEM cooling ducts + fender liners + bottom cover, Just trying to source the best bumper and foglight combo that works for me.

So far, as of March 31st, 2013 the pricing goes as following:
Modbargains: $299 shipped
Umnitza: $250.97 shipped
Kohalty: $245 shipped
DDM Tuning: $245 shipped
Various ebay sellers: $179 - $400

All packages included fogs, lower grille, and corner moldings.

Let me hear you weigh in on the points of debate, as well as any you have of your own.
Ads by Google
Old 04-01-2013, 12:12 AM

Mein Auto: 1996 528i 1999 MB c240
I think the cheep pumpers would crack easily in a small accident because they are made of a thinner material.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:16 AM

Mein Auto: 03 Ex Cop 530d Touring
Hi,

So what is it that you'd like to know ? you've not asked for a 'conclusive' outcome ..

They're all replica bumpers, they all won't fit exactly 100% like the oem because they're replica's. Some are better than others, but some public opinion isn't always the same as what someone else would say because they're replica's. You then get on to the fact that one decent batch from one of the brands selling them, might be better fitment than their own last (or next) batch because they might've made a different mould in that time.

In short, you'll never have a conclusive 'this replica is the best'. If you are looking for 100% fitment, get an oem bumper. Simple.

If you don't mind fitment being a little out, then choose one of the replicas. I chose one from some seller in Germany back in 2006, no idea on anything about it's ID as there's no brand to the replica items - and seeing that I don't mind the 5mm size difference and a couple other areas it's a tiny bit out, I've been happy. Other's who can't stand that sort of small discrepancy will need to buy an OEM bumper

Cheers, Dennis!
Old 04-02-2013, 06:45 PM
www.umnitza.com

Mein Auto: ///M
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...tza-Experience

Call US! 877 486 6489
Available: 9am-5pm M-F
Old 04-30-2013, 08:50 PM

Mein Auto: 2000 525i
Quote:
Originally Posted by senser View Post
\

I'm already got my OEM cooling ducts + fender liners + bottom cover, Just trying to source the best bumper and foglight combo that works for me.

So far, as of March 31st, 2013 the pricing goes as following:
Modbargains: $299 shipped
Umnitza: $250.97 shipped
Kohalty: $245 shipped
DDM Tuning: $245 shipped
Various ebay sellers: $179 - $400

All packages included fogs, lower grille, and corner moldings.

Let me hear you weigh in on the points of debate, as well as any you have of your own.
How did you come up with those pricing shipped? I was looking on umnitza, and when i price it, it comes to $225 + $75 shipping for me. Is there something I can do to get that price that you list?
Old 04-30-2013, 08:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to King 5
Mein Auto: 1997 BMW 528i
Beating the Dead Horse: Aftermarket Replica Bumpers

When I bought mine a few hears ago I chose to go with DDMtuning and although I did not install the bumper the quality did seem good!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

1997 BMW 528ia 2/97

2004 BMW 330ci 4/03

2008 BMW 335i 3/08
Old 04-30-2013, 10:30 PM
Faithful to the fest

Send a message via AIM to Eurojay89
Mein Auto: 2003 530i
Honestly i got mine from an ebay seller for 220 shipped including fogs and all the other accessories. Had it painted and installed by my body guy who has done dozens of these. He was astound by the fitment. He told me it was the best fitment he had ever seen on any aftermarket e39 m5 rep bumper and i agree. Its about to be a year since the install and the bumper looks great. ... just my 2 cents

Old 05-01-2013, 09:20 AM
www.umnitza.com

Mein Auto: ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by professorman View Post
How did you come up with those pricing shipped? I was looking on umnitza, and when i price it, it comes to $225 + $75 shipping for me. Is there something I can do to get that price that you list?
We're going to lower our prices shortly for the M5 bumpers, stay tuned. We just got an insane amount of them, and need to get them out a little. Watch for a bumper special this week.

Call US! 877 486 6489
Available: 9am-5pm M-F