Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics sponsored by BimmerTech

Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics sponsored by BimmerTech
BMW navigation, audio upgrades, XM Radio, Sirius, Bluetooth, and Radar Detector discussions here!

Sponsored by BimmerTech

Old 02-03-2011, 11:36 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 BMW 335xi Coupe
wow,.. good job man... i have a question about the new iDrive... i have a '09 335xi coupe... it has the new HD basd idrive... but it has the old '09 maps... i want to update the maps,... i am pretty confident i can do the installation myself,... i just need the code... are there any contacts that are willing to sell the codes? also, i have one but he hasnt replied to me yet,... also any details/tutorial on updating the nav?

thanks!
Old 02-04-2011, 05:39 AM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Mein Auto: 2012 M3 - 2014 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by razor_ro View Post
wow,.. good job man... i have a question about the new iDrive... i have a '09 335xi coupe... it has the new HD basd idrive... but it has the old '09 maps... i want to update the maps,... i am pretty confident i can do the installation myself,... i just need the code... are there any contacts that are willing to sell the codes? also, i have one but he hasnt replied to me yet,... also any details/tutorial on updating the nav?

thanks!
Your local BMW dealers sell the codes and the DVD set, contact them. They either can update your maps or they can sell you the codes and the DVD set and you can update the maps yourself like I did: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...23&postcount=3
Old 02-04-2011, 09:05 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 BMW 335xi Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Your local BMW dealers sell the codes and the DVD set, contact them. They either can update your maps or they can sell you the codes and the DVD set and you can update the maps yourself like I did: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...23&postcount=3
ya the dealer is the problem... they are quoted me $650 to do it themselves... if i find the DVD's somewhere, i will just buy the code off them.. maybe it will be cheaper?

but i will prob wait until 2012 discs come out in december
Old 02-04-2011, 09:13 AM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor_ro View Post
ya the dealer is the problem... they are quoted me $650 to do it themselves... if i find the DVD's somewhere, i will just buy the code off them.. maybe it will be cheaper?

but i will prob wait until 2012 discs come out in december
The Map enabling codes are based off your VIN... you cannot use enabling codes from another car/VIN.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:07 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 M3 Sedan
This is pretty awesome. I'm thinking of trying it myself, but the programming sounds a little intimidating. Has anyone else had success with an iDrive swap like this?
Old 10-08-2013, 08:28 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 335i E90
iDrive in 2009 LCI 335i

Hello there,

My car already has the CIC (I believe, it's the one with the hard drive and the multiple buttons on the controller knob). I see more options on yours than what I have. There is no connection to Google that I can see on mine. I think I read that it is an option. But is this something that mine has the capability for but is just not active? Or is there some other hardware required? What should I be asking my dealer about since they don't seem to have much information. Took them several tries just to update my maps the last time I took it in. And that cost me a fortune!!

Thanks for your help
Old 10-08-2013, 08:32 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 335i E90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Do you get that screen once you put in a Navigation DVD? I don't have an option to update the maps anywhere. I was also told that the updates come on a USB key now.
Old 10-08-2013, 03:50 PM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucho1970 View Post
Hello there,

My car already has the CIC (I believe, it's the one with the hard drive and the multiple buttons on the controller knob). I see more options on yours than what I have. There is no connection to Google that I can see on mine. I think I read that it is an option. But is this something that mine has the capability for but is just not active? Or is there some other hardware required? What should I be asking my dealer about since they don't seem to have much information. Took them several tries just to update my maps the last time I took it in. And that cost me a fortune!!

Thanks for your help
The Google Search and weather screen are part of the BMW Assist Convenience Plan (BMW Online)... call Assist and ask for details.
Old 10-08-2013, 03:51 PM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucho1970 View Post
Do you get that screen once you put in a Navigation DVD? I don't have an option to update the maps anywhere. I was also told that the updates come on a USB key now.
Only when the DVD (old) or the USB (new) is plugged in...