Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series

6 Series
The BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 05-13-2010, 09:04 AM
Who u r, u r forever....

Send a message via Yahoo to TimDogg
Mein Auto: 2004 645ci 2008 535i
UPDATE of "me and my 6 both hot around the collar"

for those who didnt read, here is the first post from a few days back:

Had a BMW dealership take a look @ my adaptive headlights on Tuesday morning, while looking around they noticed a leaking valve cover gasket. It's under warranty so i said go ahead, pull the trigger. Picked up my car today, (FRIDAY). In a hurry, the ONE TIME i dont look under the hood, here is what i missed. (see pic)
As i'm turning down my street, some 30 miles later, i get an "engine too hot" message on my I-Drive display. Temp is about 250 degrees on the dash, guess i didnt notice the dash temp so much because it was 92 degrees today. Also got a "coolant too low" message.
A picture is worth a 1000 words, and all of them are bad!!!

here is the update:

car was towed into the dealership Sat. morning, it got there @ 10:30 A.M.
Spoke to SA about noon that same day
they have regular work schedule from 7 A.M to to 5 P.M. Sat-Sun.
7 A.M. to 7 P.M. Mon-Fri.
next time i hear from SA was on Tuesday @ 3:30 P.M (I HAD TO CALL HIM)
Miraculously picked up car 3 hours after talking with SA
informed that coolant hose was replaced and coolant serviced, no charge
(no S#*T) ryhmes with HIT!!!
informed that my $165.00 for towing will not be reimbursed

So it seems my request for a new drive belt, (since it was rubbing/cut through coolant hose), alternator test, (since coolant did pour into it), and a engine detail cleaning, (since coolant sprayed everywhere and looks like crap), were all just too ridiculous

After a lengthy 1 hour conversation with the service manager yesterday, which yeilded NO results, i asked the Serv. Manager this morning in an e-mail to give me the contact info of his superiors so i could then take my concerns of customer dis-satisfaction to a higher court.....

waiting for his SPEEDY reply......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pinched coolant hose.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	230016  

Red 1998 Ferarri 355 Berlinetta F1, Black 2004 645ci, Space Gray 2008 535i

Last edited by TimDogg; 05-13-2010 at 09:06 AM.
Ads by Google
Old 05-13-2010, 05:38 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 650i Convertible
I would send this chain of events to BMW NA. Let them know of your dissatisfaction with the service at this dealership plus there are safety concerns as well due to the coolant possibly leaking into the alternator and who knows what else. If anything happens then your e-mail will serve as a legal notice to your safety concerns. Send them the picture as well. Then see what happens.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:07 PM

Mein Auto: 645 Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDogg View Post
for those who didnt read, here is the first post from a few days back:

Had a BMW dealership take a look @ my adaptive headlights on Tuesday morning, while looking around they noticed a leaking valve cover gasket. It's under warranty so i said go ahead, pull the trigger. Picked up my car today, (FRIDAY). In a hurry, the ONE TIME i dont look under the hood, here is what i missed. (see pic)
As i'm turning down my street, some 30 miles later, i get an "engine too hot" message on my I-Drive display. Temp is about 250 degrees on the dash, guess i didnt notice the dash temp so much because it was 92 degrees today. Also got a "coolant too low" message.

here is the update:

next time i hear from SA was on Tuesday @ 3:30 P.M (I HAD TO CALL HIM)
(no S#*T) ryhmes with HIT!!!

So it seems my request for a new drive belt, (since it was rubbing/cut through coolant hose), alternator test, (since coolant did pour into it), and a engine detail cleaning, (since coolant sprayed everywhere and looks like crap), were all just too ridiculous

After a lengthy 1 hour conversation with the service manager yesterday, which yeilded NO results, i asked the Serv. Manager this morning in an e-mail to give me the contact info of his superiors so i could then take my concerns of customer dis-satisfaction to a higher court.....

You have every right to be upset, they definately should take care of you. I hope they change their minds after you talk to the (Higher Court).
Old 05-13-2010, 06:09 PM

Mein Auto: 645 Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Dogg View Post
for those who didn't read, here is the first post from a few days back:

As i'm turning down my street, some 30 miles later, i get an "engine too hot" message on my I-Drive display. Temp is about 250 degrees on the dash, guess i didn't notice the dash temp so much because it was 92 degrees today. Also got a "coolant too low" message.

here is the update:

next time i hear from SA was on Tuesday @ 3:30 P.M (I HAD TO CALL HIM) :thumb down:
(no S#*T) rhymes with HIT!!!

After a lengthy 1 hour conversation with the service manager yesterday, which yielded NO results, i asked the Server. Manager this morning in an e-mail to give me the contact info of his superiors so i could then take my concerns of customer dis-satisfaction to a higher court.....

You have every right to be upset, they definitely should take care of you. I hope they change their minds after you talk to the (Higher Court).
Old 05-14-2010, 09:43 AM
Who u r, u r forever....

towing re-imbursement

The Service Director doesn't want to pay, ($165.00 for towing).
Next stop, BMW North America!
Keep ya posted

Old 05-14-2010, 10:30 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 650i
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDogg View Post
The Service Director doesn't want to pay, ($165.00 for towing).
Next stop, BMW North America!
Keep ya posted
That is just plain stupid -- they screw up your car and they won't pay for towing!!?? Maybe you should have driven it right back and melted down the engine -- and then they could have paid for a new engine too! The way I look at it you saved them a ton of money by doing the right thing.

It is amazing to me the difference in dealer service departments. I am currently VERY happy with mine but there have been times in the past where I have driven 60 miles to another dealer just to avoid my local one...

In the end it almost always come down to one thing -- the quality of the SA and their boss -- get one bad apple in there and it all comes crashing down...

Please understand that BMW NA can't force the dealer to do anything -- but they will intervene on your behalf and they have done it for me in the past and it can be very effective...

Last edited by bmwe39fan; 05-14-2010 at 10:33 AM.
Old 05-14-2010, 01:49 PM
Who u r, u r forever....

Yeah i know, i have dealt with BMW NA before. Just want it to be known that i will take it to the top in the interest of customer service. As car owners, we don't have a lot of ammunition as it is, but i will use whatever resources are available to me.
Funny how i haven't had BMW call me for my Post-Maint. check up, u know the one where you're supposed to give all 5' for service......Hmmmmm, I'll have to ask about that too!!!