Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 (2004 - 2010)

E60 (2004 - 2010)
BMW 5-Series (E60 chassis) was first seen in the Unites States in the fall of 2003 with a 2004 Model Year designation. The E60 is now available as a 528i, 528xi, 535i, 535xi, 550i and a 535xi sports wagon! -- View the E60 Wiki

Old 05-16-2010, 01:47 PM

Mein Auto: 530d sport
Talking Bluetooth address book transfer

I have recently bought a 2008 530d that includes bluetooth capability.
I have paired my blackberry to the car's telephone system however I work for a very security conscious company that won't allow addressbook content to be transferred by bluetooth and therefore that option is disabled on my BB and can't be changed. Does anyone know if it is possible to manually load address book details onto the BMW phone system please?
Thanks
Tim
Advertisement
Old 05-16-2010, 02:07 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by timdawson View Post
I have paired my blackberry to the car's telephone system however I work for a very security conscious company that won't allow addressbook content to be transferred by bluetooth and therefore that option is disabled on my BB and can't be changed. Does anyone know if it is possible to manually load address book details onto the BMW phone system please?
Thanks
Tim
Looks like you can...but it might be time consuming. Check Owner's Manual index under "Phone Book".
Old 05-17-2010, 02:01 PM

Thanks Jeff
I have scoured the owners manual (including the index reference to phone book) and can't see anyreference to entering names and telephone numbers manually into the cars address book.
Tim
Old 05-19-2010, 09:58 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 525XI
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by timdawson View Post
Thanks
Tim
Step #1
After you paired your BB with your iDrive.
open up your "option" on your BB, then "bluetooth" highlight paired device i.e. "BMW3909" in my case.
click on BB icon the make sure bellow settings:
Discovarable=no (for security reason)
allow outgoing calls=allways
contact Transfer=all enteries
connect on power on= yes
under services:
check mark "headset" , "handsfree"

Step #2
Hightlight BMW39091 then click on trackball then "transfer Contacts"
you do this once. anytime you turn on your ignition automatically it transfers your addressbook to iDrive.

PS. by adding any new addressbook you do not need to go through Step #2 all done automatically.

Hope this help you.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:12 PM

Thanks for your response.
When I go to Options from the BMW icon, I get the following:
Discoverable: No
Allow Outgoing Calls: Always
Address Book Transfer: Disabled
LED Connection Indicator: On
Device Address: 00.1C etc
Services: Headset, Handsfree

I don't have any reference to Contact transfer=all entries or
connect on power on = yes.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:31 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 335I x-drive m-sport
I also have security on my Blackberry requiring a passcode be entered. I'd love if a short cut works, but for now, I simply unlock my Blackberry each time I get in the car and want the data to transfer. It seems to have a narrow time frame from the the notice on the Blackberry that it has connected.

Gone 2011 535I X-Drive - Space Grey / Black Dakota / M-Sport / Sport Automatic with Paddles / Premium I / Premium II/ Cold Weather

Gone 2010 535I - Alpine Wht / Blck Dakota - Sprt, Premium, Cold Weather, Sport auto, Anthracite Liner, Nav, Satellite, HD & I-Pod

Gone - 2006 530XI -
Old 01-12-2013, 12:14 PM

Mein Auto: 528i
Hey guys, first time in this forum.

I have similar problem with my 528i contact sync problem. Samsug G 3 Phone will pair and able to make outgoing call by dialing number, but contact list won't transfer/show. I'd tried turning off bluetooth off in the car and the phone asked me to "transfer contact list?", but it won't transfer even if I enter "okay". Any tips?

thanks,