Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 05-19-2010, 02:12 AM

Mein Auto: 94' 320i
Need color assistance (blue problem)

OK all, here is my problem. I am about to order an F10. I do not have the ability to see one, or any vehicle for that matter, as I am currently in Iraq. So, I have been doing as much research as possible on-line prior to ordering. I want to have it built and ready for pick-up when I return to Germany. I know which options I want but, the color I'm wanting are giving me a huge problem. I believe I want Deep Sea Blue however, when I research Deep Sea Blue I get two types of results; eye burning inner-child destroying in your face OMG that is too bright blue OR a not to dark refined blue that accentuates every crease with an apparent hint of purple that I want on the F10 I order.

So is Deep Sea Blue the later or the former?

Are they both the same color just under different lighting conditions?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Ads by Google
Old 05-19-2010, 05:20 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 550i xDrive
I am having the same problem deciding between the Deep Sea Blue and the Imperial Blue. The Deep Sea seems too bright and the Imperial seems too subdued. I think the problem is that fundamentally it is almost impossible to accurately reproduce the actual color on line or in any photograph. The only way to really know how each color looks is to see it in real life in different lighting situations. Sunlight is actually the truest form of lighting to reveal the actual color. Right now I am leaning towards the Imperial Blue because I can live with too subdued more easily than I can live with too bright. Good luck.
550i xDrive/ImperialBlue/Beige/anthracite/DHP/sport/vent seats/convience/cold weather/driver assistance/prem 2/sport trans/fold down rears/4 zone/ACC/HUD/cameras/night vision/ipod and smart integration.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:58 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan n tisha View Post
OK all, here is my problem. I am about to order an F10. I do not have the ability to see one, or any vehicle for that matter, as I am currently in Iraq. So, I have been doing as much research as possible on-line prior to ordering. I want to have it built and ready for pick-up when I return to Germany. I know which options I want but, the color I'm wanting are giving me a huge problem. I believe I want Deep Sea Blue however, when I research Deep Sea Blue I get two types of results; eye burning inner-child destroying in your face OMG that is too bright blue OR a not to dark refined blue that accentuates every crease with an apparent hint of purple that I want on the F10 I order.

So is Deep Sea Blue the later or the former?

Are they both the same color just under different lighting conditions?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Both my dad and I have Deep Sea Blue cars and it is closer to being dark. In sunlight, it resembles Mystic Blue. As a reference point, it is definitely darker than Montego Blue which is too bright for me.
2014 335i xDrive GT Alpine White
2015 X3 xDrive 35i Melbourne Red
Old 05-19-2010, 08:39 AM

Mein Auto: 94' 320i
OK, I think I will go with the Deep Sea Blue. Thanks for the assistance. I have to place my order this week so it can be ready when I get back to Germany!
Old 05-19-2010, 12:39 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 S4
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan n tisha View Post
OK, I think I will go with the Deep Sea Blue. Thanks for the assistance. I have to place my order this week so it can be ready when I get back to Germany!
Good luck, and thanks for your service.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:02 PM

Mein Auto: 11 550i
Thank you for your service.

14 550i Euro Del
14 X3 2.8i
11 550i Euro Del, Retired
08 550i Euro Del, Retired
06 330i Euro Del, Retired
04 545i Euro Del, Retired
01 530i Euro Del, Retired
Old 05-20-2010, 03:35 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 535i Sports Wagon
I think you'll like Deep See Blue. In some light it's quite lively--without putting your eye out--and in other light it's more subdued. It's less somber than the other blue, which alternates (depending on the light) between looking like navy blue or black.

2010 535i xDrive Sport Wagon (April 2009): Deep Sea Blue / Cream Beige / Sport, Premium, Cold Weather Packages
2011 335i xDrive Coupe (April 2011, European Delivery): Le Mans Blue / Oyster-Black / M Sport, Premium, Convenience Packages