Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 05-22-2010, 12:00 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 750LXi Individual
Xzilon

Has anyone had their dealer apply this or anything similar? I'm thinking it might be worth it!?

http://www.xzilon.com/
Advertisement
Old 05-22-2010, 02:28 AM
BMW 7 Series Obsessed

Mein Auto: 2011 750i Milano Beige
I'd be surprised if any dealer used a family of products like these. Like Zaino (of which I am a devoted fan), these are speciality car care products that, absent owning a personal slave or diligent domestic servant, are going to require you to use some sweat and elbow grease yourself. I'm of the camp that enjoys detailing my own auto- I do a better job, save hundreds of greenbacks, and have the satisfaction afterwards of admiring my handiwork.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:43 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Military BMW
Mein Auto: 2013 535i xDrive M Sport
Did you end up getting it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs600 View Post
Has anyone had their dealer apply this or anything similar? I'm thinking it might be worth it!?

I realize this is a thread from a few years ago, but I wanted to get some feedback on whether or not you ended up getting it and what your thoughts were on it. I went to Taylor BMW in Evans, GA and they told me that they can install Xzilon at their dealership for approximately $700 for both exterior and interior (I'm assuming that's the standard Xzilon, not the + nor the X4). I'm considering it as well. Happy New Year and thanks.

FU73, 300, LCDF, ZCW, ZDA, ZLS, ZMP, ZPP, ZTP, 223, 2TB, 323, 416, 4B5, 4U1, 5AC, 677

Old 01-01-2013, 12:23 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 750LXi Individual
Didn't opt for it, but would've only done exterior if I had.

Sorry can't be of more help. Good luck!
Old 01-01-2013, 01:50 PM

Mein Auto: 760Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs600 View Post

Most of these car paint protection systems offered by dealers are scams akin to the "underbody coatings" or "rust proofing" that was offered by dealers many years ago.

Instead of spending upwards of 500 dollars at the dealer for this stuff, take that 500 dollars and have a professional detailer clay, polish, and seal your car will something that actually works like Optimum Opt-seal or Zaino, Klasse, etc.