Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > Bimmerfest 2010 California sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks

Bimmerfest 2010 California sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks
The 11th annual Bimmerfest show in California will be held on May 22, 2010 at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, CA!
Sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks

Old 05-23-2010, 12:27 PM
* BLONDETOURAGE 2010*

Send a message via AIM to Missmodena310
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by summereskimo View Post
Personally, kudos to Jon and Co for all the hard work. I know how hard it is to organize a car gathering such as this venue. It's always easy to b*tch and moan than to praise.
Exactly its so much work to put an event of that magnitude together!! Props Jon!
Old 05-23-2010, 12:30 PM
OG Member #321

Send a message via AIM to MarcusSanDiego
Mein Auto: 2008 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missmodena310 View Post
Exactly its so much work to put an event of that magnitude together!! Props Jon!
Exactly. My guess is that they'll start preparing for Bimmerfest 12 pretty soon. It's a year-long process.

I think a lot of us are just pining for the old days when the event was about 150-cars big.

But kudos to Jon for pulling off another Bimmerfest event.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:34 PM
Some Say...he apexes late

Mein Auto: Z4MR
The cars were great. The vendors were great. The parking situation sucked goat ass. The monkeys running the parking were lining us up 18" apart at the back of the lot. You can't walk around a car and look at it -- or even fully open your doors!! -- when you're parked that tight. This was a CAR SHOW, not a concert venue. Personally i moved my car into a vacancy as soon as the parking monkeys were gone. I want to be able to walk around a car and see the wheels, exhaust etc. No can do when you're 18" apart. The goal in not to pack in as many cars as possible, the goal is properly exhibit a large number of cars. That means space and planning and turning away the overflow instead of jamming them in the back.

Also the event needs SOME type of parking organization so you can find the stuff you want to see. Having the M5s together someplace and the 2002s together someplace else is a very logical and useful idea FOR THE CONSUMERS of the show. And WE pay the bills.
Old 05-23-2010, 01:37 PM
10 YEARS!!!

Send a message via AIM to JT///M3
Mein Auto: 99 MCoupe/01 740iSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcleme05 View Post

Also the event needs SOME type of parking organization so you can find the stuff you want to see. Having the M5s together someplace and the 2002s together someplace else is a very logical and useful idea FOR THE CONSUMERS of the show. And WE pay the bills.
If there is one improvement that everyone would be happy with, this is it. I don't know why the organizers keep dodging the issue. Its key to a successful event where a whole marque/brand is on display. It can't be a mis-mash. I'm sure there were many nice cars I missed b/c everything was just all over the place.
99 MCoupe Arctic Silver---> Laguna Seca Blue - Sold
01 740i Sport Titanium Silver- Sold
04 X5 4.8is Estoril - Sold
98 M3/2 - His - Sold
97 M3/4 - Hers - Sold

Old 05-23-2010, 02:54 PM

Mein Auto: 06 M3
Don't get me started on the parking d*ck on the side where the food area was on (nearest the rose bowl). The Tall white guy in his 20's shaved head; He seriously was going through a power trip and looked like an idiot out there. He seperated numerous groups of freinds, clubs and caravans. This was my only gripe about the event (my 6th bimmerfest). I figured it was only a matter of time before it went more and more commercial so I've come to accept that but I think the parking situation (those directing it) would be solved if it was actual enthusiasts and volunteers that understood how most wanna park with their club, team, crew, caravan, forum, whatever you wanna call them...and not think that every car there just randomly showed up alone.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:28 PM
^yup, it's me^

Mein Auto: Teilsortierfachentdeckung
I think that the parking crew should have been informed that the cars pulling into the venue WERE the event, not there to see an event.

Thigs have changed, but the 'fest still rocks.

Kudos Jon.

Curator of the Museum of Unfinished Projects

Last edited by CaliJeff; 05-23-2010 at 03:45 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:47 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Modded E36/7&Stock E36/8M
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Power M3 View Post
Don't get me started on the parking d*ck on the side where the food area was on (nearest the rose bowl). The Tall white guy in his 20's shaved head; He seriously was going through a power trip and looked like an idiot out there. He seperated numerous groups of freinds, clubs and caravans. This was my only gripe about the event (my 6th bimmerfest). I figured it was only a matter of time before it went more and more commercial so I've come to accept that but I think the parking situation (those directing it) would be solved if it was actual enthusiasts and volunteers that understood how most wanna park with their club, team, crew, caravan, forum, whatever you wanna call them...and not think that every car there just randomly showed up alone.

Some people want the variants parked together, some with their crew, some with the forum peeps, some don't even know what they want. I see this as a parking nightmare waiting to happen. With respect, but you obviously have no idea what your talking about.

About me-For Sale
Old 05-23-2010, 04:01 PM

Mein Auto: .
I personally like it when all of like cars are together. This was one element that I didn't like at the show, although I do understand how groups want to park together. I guess you have to set the rules and adhere to them, period.

Overall, a decent show... I've never been inside the Rose Bowl before, so that was fun to see. Excellent job on the organizing! I'm sure it was quite the task.
Old 05-23-2010, 04:03 PM

Mein Auto: 06 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by summereskimo View Post
Some people want the variants parked together, some with their crew, some with the forum peeps, some don't even know what they want. I see this as a parking nightmare waiting to happen. With respect, but you obviously have no idea what your talking about.
How do I not know what I'm talking about? If you're in line together you should be able to enter together and park with your friends correct?

I understand that SOME not all people want to park according to E codes which would be a cool idea but if that was the case then I can see groups of people saying "I didn't get to park with my friends because of the new parking situation" Does every one of your friends drive the same exact model as you? A lot of people bring chairs and sit in a group around their cars, shoot the sh*t and chill for the day.

The solution for that would be if you wanna park according to model PRE REGISTER and have some type of print out thing to present at the gate so they can direct you to the area that has been saved for this type of parking. By pre registering they will know how many spots to put aside and not have to guess. THEN for the others that want to park with their friends they can have an open parking lot like it's always been and roll in together. Unlike the past this year they were sending people off in different directions when they entered through the same gate.

Not sure if that makes any sense because I have no idea what I'm talking about...
Old 05-23-2010, 04:10 PM

Mein Auto: 04 E46 M3 drop head
Had a great time

Thank you Jon and all the forum crew for the boat load of work it took to put all this together. I like the grass so much better. Being split in two was a little different. All in all these events are what you make of them. If you come to mix and mingle that is what you do.

Big props to Bimmerfest
Old 05-23-2010, 04:20 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyM3 View Post
Thank you Jon and all the forum crew for the boat load of work it took to put all this together. I like the grass so much better. Being split in two was a little different. All in all these events are what you make of them. If you come to mix and mingle that is what you do.

Big props to Bimmerfest
+1! Thank you John and Co for hard work.
And I too liked grass so much better.

'13 320i Alpine White/Black/AT
Old 05-23-2010, 05:13 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 BMW 525I
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesht View Post
uploading photos now... links to come soon..

Edit:

600 odd photos taken: (only 365 made the cut)

http://picasaweb.google.com/auxlife/BimmerFest5222010#
Nice - Right in my own backyard too. Sorry I missed the caravan from Carlsbad Outlet to Pasadena. Ended up riding solo (with my 2 year old) from Buena Park. This was my first bimmerfest and I have to say, it was a bit of a disappointment. Two things I expected were more shows or some type of competition and since I own an E39 a better grouping of this car. I'm sure this was a common complaint but since there were parking attendants you would think they would have been told to group the cars. Just my thoughts here.
- 2003 525I Sedan - Manual Tranny, M-tech Bumpers Front/Rear, shadowline, M5 Mirrors, 19" Miro 279's, NNR Coilovers, Front lip, 50% tint, Dinan ECU Stage II, Dinan CAI, Dinan Free Flow Exhaust, DICE Ipod, Connects2/Parrot Bluetooth, SSK Kit, AC Schnitzer Shift Knob, CDV Delete,
- 2008 R350 Mercedes Wagon
- 1998 M3 Coupe - Manual Tranny, completely stock

Old 05-23-2010, 05:45 PM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB330 View Post
+1! Thank you John and Co for hard work.
And I too liked grass so much better.

You're very welcome!!

Personally, I liked the grass better too, that's why I'm now working on securing the grass at the Rose Bowl for next year...

P.S. My dream is to offering parking by e-code. Now that we've found a solid new home, it can become reality...

Serving the BMW Online Community Since 1995 The BIMMERFEST "Internet Special"
Old 05-23-2010, 06:23 PM

Mein Auto: E30
Wanted to thanks Jon and his hard working crew for putting on another great show this year.

Well done sir. only sorry i couldnt catch up with you to say hi and have a chat in person, next year for sure.

Tony Saggu
Performance BMW Magazine
Unity Media
Old 05-23-2010, 06:45 PM
bimmerwannaBEE

Mein Auto: mercedes
Wink Stay Open To Change....

As hard as it is to see things change...there will always be growing pains. And for the nubies...don't judge by only one quick visit.

Yes, lots of vendors...think putting them in the middle of all of the cars did something that broke the intimacy of days gone by...but that is easy to remedy...to choreograph such a large event is OVERWHELMING....think it was a good day and monumental for a FIRST OF TAKING IT TO THE BIG STREETS! Can NOT compare a big venue with SANTA BARBARA....C'MON ....just can't.

I got there early and had no problem with parking...I did not miss the Pasadena PD. Enjoyed them not being around....why????

I enjoyed the day, the cars, the people were super friendly where I was parked...and through out the walk. Weather was perfect. All seemed to be enjoying when I was there. Didn't go for the food...so no comment on that.

Remember, it Will always feel different when in a huge space...and it was... job well done I Say!!!

KUDOS TO JON, MARK AND TIM!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-23-2010, 06:46 PM
The 12th Bruin!

Mein Auto: 2001 BMW 330i Topaz Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon S. View Post
You're very welcome!!

Personally, I liked the grass better too, that's why I'm now working on securing the grass at the Rose Bowl for next year...

P.S. My dream is to offering parking by e-code. Now that we've found a solid new home, it can become reality...
Jon, thanks for making another Bimmerfest happen!

We'll miss SB for bimmerfest, but the grass at the bowl would make it soooooo much better. Hopefully it works out for next year.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:11 PM
bimmerwannaBEE

Mein Auto: mercedes
Cool a few pics i snapped GREAT BIMMERFEST 2010

LOVE THE GRASS IDEA FOR NEXT YEAR!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!! ENJOY THESE PICS...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bimfestrosebowl.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	231304   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0700.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	231305   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0737.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	231306   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0742.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	231307   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0751.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	231308  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0721.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	231309  
Old 05-23-2010, 08:31 PM

Mein Auto: Euro M5 and an Alpina B9
First off to the OP, I am sure #1 that the Honda/Toyota guys/gals are missing you terribly, so GTF back there NOW!

Secondly, if you all remember when you were kids, growing your body is sometimes painful, but without pain, there is no growth. This is the most enviable event that BMW has ever seen or had in their honor-heck they did a commercial using actual footage from Bimmerfest. it you don't come next year.....WE WON"T MISS YOU! I PROMISE!!!!

Hats off to Jon & Company for pulling this event together at the last minute! YOU ROCK!!!
Old 05-23-2010, 11:58 PM

Mein Auto: 01 540 touring
Much Mahalos to Jon and da Bimmerfest ohana for another awesome Bimmerfest. I thought the weather was great, we had a spectacular venue and a ton of great people. Jon, it was grat seeing you at the Thursday morning KTLA taping, and i'm looking forward to next years Fest.

aloha,
thaichi808
Old 05-24-2010, 12:05 AM

Mein Auto: E36 M3
I just think it would help to keep Bimmerfest as far away from Glendale as possible.

You know what i mean.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:21 AM
Victory is mine!

Mein Auto: 03' 330i ZHP, 04' 325ci
Permanent home? I sure hope not.

A few of us didn't go this year because not being in SB is a soul-robbing experience. Was sincerely hoping this was just a one-time last minute workaround and we'll move back to somewhere more scenic. But to move to L.A. permanently for "client-tale" business reasons just kills the spirit of Bimmerfest for me. It'll just relegate to vendor event with a regular car meet.

Having been going to Bimmerfest since 04' with the Norcal folks, it really saddens me that it has come to this. Last year's event was the pinnacle of all b'fest and we loved Jon for it. My wife and I had such a tremendous weekend in SB, the caravan down, the Pismo beach drive back up. All of that are history now if it devloves into a commercial event....
Old 05-24-2010, 02:00 AM

Mein Auto: 08 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcleme05 View Post
The cars were great. The vendors were great. The parking situation sucked goat ass. The monkeys running the parking were lining us up 18" apart at the back of the lot. You can't walk around a car and look at it -- or even fully open your doors!! -- when you're parked that tight. This was a CAR SHOW, not a concert venue. Personally i moved my car into a vacancy as soon as the parking monkeys were gone. I want to be able to walk around a car and see the wheels, exhaust etc. No can do when you're 18" apart. The goal in not to pack in as many cars as possible, the goal is properly exhibit a large number of cars. That means space and planning and turning away the overflow instead of jamming them in the back.

I agree, it was a shame I couldn't really look at all the cars that were driven there. Sure it was nice to see the sponsored cars but I wanted to see what people were really driving on the street!

Also I agree maybe keeping the models together would be good to, me owning a 6 series saw very few but i'm sure there were more there. Also I think the idea about specific forum section or meeting time would be great for those of us who contribute to meet each other, I think that was a major draw that I was hoping for but there was no chance!

But that being said I had a great time!!

08 M6: Cabrio, Sapphire Black, H&R Lowering Springs, InCurve 20" Wheels, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust, Calipers Painted Red with M-Logo

02 Ford Focus SVT: Run around car
04 Ford F-150: For pulling sea doos and quads

04 645i Cabrio, Titanium Silver ( SOLD )
00 Mercedes CLK Conv (SOLD)
94 Mustang GT (SOLD)
88 Mustang GT (SOLD)
87 Honda CRX (SOLD)
77 BMW 320i (SOLD)
74 Mecury Capri V6 (SOLD)
Old 05-24-2010, 02:01 AM

Mein Auto: E39
My first time to a Fest and loved it. Thanks Jon

E39 parts for sale
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=382143
Old 05-24-2010, 02:24 AM

Mein Auto: 1993 325i
This was my very first Bimmerfest and I had a great time. Aside from the sunburned nose of course. I agree with a lot of the posts here and can see everyone's point of view and how hard it would be to make everyone happy. First off, I definitely agree with the fact that it seemed as if the parking attendants didn't get that the cars coming in were the event, not just coming to an event. Having them be informed of that would have made a big difference. I got lucky and got there early enough to park with plenty of space directly in the first row in front of the HPF tent. That did a lot to boost my enjoyment of the event. Secondly, I agree that having a parking situation were we could park according to generation would be great, although I can see that that idea may not please everyone. But seeing as there were two lots, it can be done. Generations on one side, groups and caravans on the other. As the years go on, I am sure we are going to be seeing a lot more than just enthusiasts at an event like this. I saw a lot of those "Daddy's money" kind of cars. I am glad they can enjoy it and have no ill will towards them or jealousy in any way. I know I bought what I wanted and appreciate what I have knowing I scrape together what I can, when I can so I can get under my car and change that leaky oil pan gasket myself. The fact that some people just go and buy big shiny wheels without ever getting their hands dirty or knowing what a bitch it is to pop one of those RTABs out yourself or that they don't even know what that means in the first place is enough for me to be satisfied with knowing the kind of work that went into my car. Lastly, can we please get rid of those garlic fries next year? They seriously stunk up the place worse than any 318 on 22s ever could. Kudos to Jon and thanks to everyone for a great event. I am happy to know I am not the only one out there with the same kind of passion for these cars as I.

Last edited by Thisguys325i; 05-24-2010 at 02:26 AM.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:30 AM

Mein Auto: .
^^ Is your RETURN key not working?
- Frank Rizzo