Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > Bimmerfest 2010 California sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks

Bimmerfest 2010 California sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks
The 11th annual Bimmerfest show in California will be held on May 22, 2010 at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, CA!
Sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks

Old 05-24-2010, 07:43 AM
BimmerJunkie

Mein Auto: 1998 Alpine White 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusSanDiego View Post
We'll see more and more of a riff-raff element and we'll see BMW vehicles that look like that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Mobile that was on 22s yesterday.
He also had is on airbags...

For those who missed that eyesore....here ya go:

Here is a short clip I got of him as he was driving to the entrance...
(sorry for my finger partially in frame. I was using a cell cam and I didn't notice because the car was just too hard to ignore)

Old 05-24-2010, 08:35 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by euroe28m5 View Post
First off to the OP, I am sure #1 that the Honda/Toyota guys/gals are missing you terribly, so GTF back there NOW!
You broke Bimmerfest rule
Quote:
Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed.
He has the right state his opinion with out get punished for that.

'13 320i Alpine White/Black/AT
Old 05-24-2010, 08:45 AM
BimmerJunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB330 View Post

He has the right state his opinion with out get punished for that.
Well, he did use GTF instead of the actual words...

Also, I would normally agree with you on the last part of your statement except that the OP is notorious for doing the exact same thing to people in their threads. He's practically a joke in the E39 forums...no one cares or listens to him.

In the words of the OP, "that's just my 0.02"

Old 05-24-2010, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E39Freak View Post
Well, he did use GTF instead of the actual words...

Also, I would normally agree with you on the last part of your statement except that the OP is notorious for doing the exact same thing to people in their threads. He's practically a joke in the E39 forums...no one cares or listens to him.

In the words of the OP, "that's just my 0.02"
I didn't know guy and never read his posts on E39 forums. I just see that one person post his personal opinion and get "f" word for that.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:53 AM

Mein Auto: Euro M5 and an Alpina B9
Quote:
I really don't care! So, ban me from the site or whatever you think is right here. I defended the hard work that Jon and everyone else put into the event as well as the sponsors. I don't think it's right for someone to chime in and bash the event. I would like to see what the haters of this event could put together in a moments time and what they could pull off. This event was nearly canceled this year, but with the time and energy that went into it, the event was well received by everyone I spoke to about it and I feel was a huge success. I find it personally offensive that you would even think about defending the OP on this issue.

In 2007, I put on a clean car contest for the BMWCCA L.A. Chapter and the time and energy that went into that (for 70 cars) was exausting and took a great deal of my time. Just think for a moment of the scope of Bimmerfest, especially with the amount of cars and people, move the event at the last minute, and still pull it off is nothing short of a miralce. I have nothing but respect for the volunteers and organizers of this event and I will defend them, even if you think it's politically incorrect.

My .02 FWIW
Old 05-24-2010, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by euroe28m5 View Post
I really don't care! So, ban me from the site or whatever you think is right here. I defended the hard work that Jon and everyone else put into the event as well as the sponsors. I don't think it's right for someone to chime in and bash the event. I would like to see what the haters of this event could put together in a moments time and what they could pull off. This event was nearly canceled this year, but with the time and energy that went into it, the event was well received by everyone I spoke to about it and I feel was a huge success. I find it personally offensive that you would even think about defending the OP on this issue.

In 2007, I put on a clean car contest for the BMWCCA L.A. Chapter and the time and energy that went into that (for 70 cars) was exausting and took a great deal of my time. Just think for a moment of the scope of Bimmerfest, especially with the amount of cars and people, move the event at the last minute, and still pull it off is nothing short of a miralce. I have nothing but respect for the volunteers and organizers of this event and I will defend them, even if you think it's politically incorrect.

My .02 FWIW
It always was and it always will be few people, who will write some thing like that - don't go down to their level. Don't start effing.
John and his team done tremendous amount of work - some people don't liked, most liked a lot. That way every years Bimmerfest get more visitors then previous year.

Old 05-24-2010, 11:00 AM

Mein Auto: 330i
Quote:
He also had is on airbags...

For those who missed that eyesore....here ya go:

Here is a short clip I got of him as he was driving to the entrance...
(sorry for my finger partially in frame. I was using a cell cam and I didn't notice because the car was just too hard to ignore)

I always think of BMW more of as an upscale brand, perhaps the event should be held at Quail Lodge in Carmel Charge $40-$50 to get in and you can avoid cars like the one pictured above. It is a disgrace to the BMW brand. I agree with others, the event has turned into a teenage fest. I've attended a few bimmerfest in the past and the ones held at Cutter Mottors were by far the best. With that said, if Jon is making some nice change from these events , then more power to him, he works hard to put these event together.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:24 AM
Victory is mine!

Mein Auto: 03' 330i ZHP, 04' 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by king of trolls View Post
I always think of BMW more of as an upscale brand, perhaps the event should be held at Quail Lodge in Carmel Charge $40-$50 to get in and you can avoid cars like the one pictured above. It is a disgrace to the BMW brand. I agree with others, the event has turned into a teenage fest. I've attended a few bimmerfest in the past and the ones held at Cutter Mottors were by far the best. With that said, if Jon is making some nice change from these events , then more power to him, he works hard to put these event together.
I like this idea a lot. Gathering of Bimmers should be more prestigious and exclusive. I have no problem paying $40 or even $50 for entry. It will help cap the size of the event so there can be more venue choices. Alas, that may not be the direction the fest is heading so will have to make the best of it.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:01 PM
Z4 Mvangelist

Mein Auto: 2003 M5-S2, 2002 540iT-S2
The venue was a little odd, being H-shaped. It made the show feel a little disconnected, compared to past years. But overall I think it was very fun and the turnout/vendor displays was great. I wish the food price/quality ratio was better, but it fell within my expectations for any event.

One of the elements of Bimmerfest that I always enjoy is the variety of BMWs (even if I mock the ones that are not to my liking, hehe) from beaters to trailer queens. Only Bimmerfest has such a diverse crowd of BMW enthusiasts all converge in one place. I'm looking forward to next year!
Old 05-24-2010, 02:45 PM

Mein Auto: 06 M3
Quote:
Used BMW's are now affordable to almost all demographics. It's not an exclusive brand anymore...any kid with 5k can get in to a BMW we all have to live with that now.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:57 PM
L4P

Send a message via AIM to MalibuMafiaV
Mein Auto: E60 M5 & Stage 3 Audi S4
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Power M3 View Post
Used BMW's are now affordable to almost all demographics. It's not an exclusive brand anymore...any kid with 5k can get in to a BMW we all have to live with that now.
incorrect. They may be "affordable to buy" But not to maintain and mod .
Well.. for the average person. As for me it's cheaper for me to maintain any euro car.
BMW 2000 3-series - Supercharged Because race car SOLD
Maserati 2004 M128 GT - HREs/tint/straight piped SOLD
BMW 2006 M3 - stock - SOLD
Old 05-24-2010, 03:59 PM

Mein Auto: '07 MCSa, '04 325iA SULEV
Quote:
Originally Posted by e39BMW View Post
My friends and I went to the bimmerfest 2010 today and we got pretty disapointed with it. We used t go to many Honda/Toyota meets and they turned out to be much more fun. The Bimmerfest seemed to be more of just the way for vendors to display and promote there super overprised products.
Also have you seen the price for food?.... Seriously??

That's just my 0.02
The fun is caravaning. What were you expecting exactly that you didn't see?

dasauto.wordpress.com
Old 05-24-2010, 04:05 PM
OEM Hoe....

Send a message via AIM to Killjoy
Mein Auto: 1999 M3, 2002 tii
Quote:
Tacking more money on so it doesn't become a "teenage fest" is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. This is a community of people who enjoy BMW's for what they are-a solid driving machine that doesn't always break the bank. I know some people from these and other forums that are in their teens and are absolutely fanatic about their cars. They practically live and die by their cars. And I know that some of them are tight on cash. So just because they don't have the cash to throw down on a ///M or have the biggest and best thing around, they shouldn't be pushed aside. I'm no longer a teenager, but having recently been one, I take offense at the type of snobbery that you have displayed here.

If Jon decided to raise the price of the event in order to cover more incurred costs, such as a more expensive venue, or more security, etc., then that is something that I would be more than willing to throw down on. But raising the prices in an elitist attempt to rid the event of those that you deem not worthy of the BMW brand is flat out insulting. Personally, I'm ashamed that this level of disdain has made its way to the bimmerfest forums.

That is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmy_bimmer View Post
Oh your talking about THAT hole.. yeah thats an inspection hole
Old 05-24-2010, 04:15 PM

Mein Auto: '07 MCSa, '04 325iA SULEV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killjoy View Post
Tacking more money on so it doesn't become a "teenage fest" is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. This is a community of people who enjoy BMW's for what they are-a solid driving machine that doesn't always break the bank. I know some people from these and other forums that are in their teens and are absolutely fanatic about their cars. They practically live and die by their cars. And I know that some of them are tight on cash. So just because they don't have the cash to throw down on a ///M or have the biggest and best thing around, they shouldn't be pushed aside. I'm no longer a teenager, but having recently been one, I take offense at the type of snobbery that you have displayed here.

If Jon decided to raise the price of the event in order to cover more incurred costs, such as a more expensive venue, or more security, etc., then that is something that I would be more than willing to throw down on. But raising the prices in an elitist attempt to rid the event of those that you deem not worthy of the BMW brand is flat out insulting. Personally, I'm ashamed that this level of disdain has made its way to the bimmerfest forums.

That is all.
I agree 100%. Although a few of the riced out cars are certainly embarrassing for us all, I would rather let them in than exclude genuine BMW aficionado's, of all ages, just because they don't have the level of $$ and snob some think should be associated with the BMW brand.

dasauto.wordpress.com
Old 05-24-2010, 06:58 PM

Mein Auto: A highly Modded E21
This was my 10th consecutive Bimmerfest and this is my opinion:

This year was not that great, but that is not Jon's fault or anyone else. I know what Jon had to do to even get this years Bfest off the ground, all the BS that the Polo Grounds put him through, so with that said, Jon, as always, thank you and the staff for the hard work year in and year out, they are cant always be perfect, but you do your damn hardest to make it.

This is why I didn't think it was that great, Pasadena is a nice city, but its not a place to have a meet of this caliber, there is nothing to do after the event. I maybe spoiled, but I'm basing everything off of last years Bfest which was absolutely the best damn event, meet, gathering in history of car meets. It was just the perfect place, perfect setting..simply perfect. So I think the Polo Grounds just set such a high standard for some, it will be hard to reach that.

Once again, Thank you Jon for all the hard work you put into every Bfest!

E21 LEGION
Bimmerfest: 01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10 Veteran
Old 05-24-2010, 07:23 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 Dinan SBM S2 M6 SMG
Quote:
I agree that there are more attractive venues for your event. This was my first Bimmerfest, and I had a lot of fun. I rolled in early with my MFEST peeps, so no parking issues. Food - well, a couple more selections would have been nice. Grouping cars by model would be a good idea. Really though, have you given any thought to having this boogie at Laguna Seca? Huge corral areas, run group sessions for the "track rats", even instruction and track time for the less experienced, and they have a decent lunch menu......... Just a thought.......

Nevertheless, thank you VERY much for a great time, and doing it the best it could be done!
Old 05-24-2010, 08:08 PM
OEM Hoe....

Send a message via AIM to Killjoy
Mein Auto: 1999 M3, 2002 tii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mike18 View Post
I agree that there are more attractive venues for your event. This was my first Bimmerfest, and I had a lot of fun. I rolled in early with my MFEST peeps, so no parking issues. Food - well, a couple more selections would have been nice. Grouping cars by model would be a good idea. Really though, have you given any thought to having this boogie at Laguna Seca? Huge corral areas, run group sessions for the "track rats", even instruction and track time for the less experienced, and they have a decent lunch menu......... Just a thought.......

Nevertheless, thank you VERY much for a great time, and doing it the best it could be done!
Laguna Seca would be incredible-but I think track fees would be incredibly high. Also, I've been to Laguna Seca and the surrounding area a few times, and if you thought Pasadena was bad (i thought downtown was pretty fun when shwasted) then you're going to hate the surrounding area of Laguna Seca.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmy_bimmer View Post
Oh your talking about THAT hole.. yeah thats an inspection hole
Old 05-24-2010, 09:32 PM

Mein Auto: 335i sedan
Had a great time this year but would have been better if it was in SB. Hoping for it to go back to being in SB, preferably the polo field like last year. I doubt we can even fit half the cars on the field at the Rose Bowl...

EDIT: Food last year was cheaper too lol and much more organized IMO
Old 05-24-2010, 11:40 PM
BimmerJunkie

Even with food being a bit pricey I had a lot of fun! Looking forward to next year. By then I hope to have my new friends at TNG Automotive install a whole new engine or at least a supercharger.
Those guys had E30's there, one with an M3 engine w/ a supercharger and another with what looked like an E36 M3 engine in it! Not to mention the rally E30!

Old 05-25-2010, 10:46 AM

Mein Auto: 2004 HPF TURBO M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Power M3 View Post
How do I not know what I'm talking about? If you're in line together you should be able to enter together and park with your friends correct?

I understand that SOME not all people want to park according to E codes which would be a cool idea but if that was the case then I can see groups of people saying "I didn't get to park with my friends because of the new parking situation" Does every one of your friends drive the same exact model as you? A lot of people bring chairs and sit in a group around their cars, shoot the sh*t and chill for the day.

The solution for that would be if you wanna park according to model PRE REGISTER and have some type of print out thing to present at the gate so they can direct you to the area that has been saved for this type of parking. By pre registering they will know how many spots to put aside and not have to guess. THEN for the others that want to park with their friends they can have an open parking lot like it's always been and roll in together. Unlike the past this year they were sending people off in different directions when they entered through the same gate.

Not sure if that makes any sense because I have no idea what I'm talking about...
This is the best parking solution i've heard so far. Opinions on e-code parking vs. friends parking together seems to be a pretty even split. I missed the even last year, so I can't compare to the polo field, but I like the surrounding area at the Rose Bowl much better than at Earl Warren.
As horrifying as the Green Bean Machine was, I don't think it's right to try to weed certain people out by raising entry fees. With all the negativity that car has received, I would be very surprised to see it next year anyway. There is plenty of room for improvement, but I think it went well considering the obstacles that were in place.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:56 PM

Mein Auto: 1981 323i Baur
this was my first (and due to distance may be my last for a while) my only gripe was the split lot. We had some guys get stuck in the other lot and there was no way to get the cars to the right lot to park in the e-21 row. We had several people get frustrated when security refused to let them move a few cars over to the main lot. There needs to be a way to let people regroup after they got split up by several 4 way stops and multiple lanes going to different gates.

1981 BMW 323i Baur #3023/4595 M20 2.7 L swap and lots of other stuff. - summer fun car
Winner of the longest drive ever to Bimmerfest in 2010.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:41 AM
BimmerJunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaska Bimmer View Post
this was my first (and due to distance may be my last for a while) my only gripe was the split lot. We had some guys get stuck in the other lot and there was no way to get the cars to the right lot to park in the e-21 row. We had several people get frustrated when security refused to let them move a few cars over to the main lot. There needs to be a way to let people regroup after they got split up by several 4 way stops and multiple lanes going to different gates.
I hear ya....

Our group got lucky though. We all entered the same lot but we were separated at the gate due to how they were letting cars in. We all regrouped though because the first guy in (The E30 mobile BBQ )got a spot and started calling us all and telling us where to go. I even asked security if I could park "over there" because all my friends were there and she said "sure go ahead"...I guess you got some less than accommodating security persons where you were.

Old 05-26-2010, 07:13 AM

Mein Auto: 1981 323i Baur
Getting grouped up in the one lot was easy, I just parked where I wanted to, the impossible part was getting people who parked in the other parking lot into the lot with the rest of us, they got stuck parking solo on the othe side and could never make it to the lot we were in.

That was the only complaint I had, the rest of the show was a blast.

1981 BMW 323i Baur #3023/4595 M20 2.7 L swap and lots of other stuff. - summer fun car
Winner of the longest drive ever to Bimmerfest in 2010.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:09 AM
L4P

Send a message via AIM to MalibuMafiaV
Mein Auto: E60 M5 & Stage 3 Audi S4
Quote:
I hear ya....

Our group got lucky though. We all entered the same lot but we were separated at the gate due to how they were letting cars in. We all regrouped though because the first guy in (The E30 mobile BBQ )got a spot and started calling us all and telling us where to go. I even asked security if I could park "over there" because all my friends were there and she said "sure go ahead"...I guess you got some less than accommodating security persons where you were.
Quote:
Getting grouped up in the one lot was easy, I just parked where I wanted to, the impossible part was getting people who parked in the other parking lot into the lot with the rest of us, they got stuck parking solo on the othe side and could never make it to the lot we were in.

I was able to pull over to the side while I waited for my misses to pull up at the gate and than I went behind her to park right next to her.
BMW 2000 3-series - Supercharged Because race car SOLD
Maserati 2004 M128 GT - HREs/tint/straight piped SOLD
BMW 2006 M3 - stock - SOLD
Old 05-26-2010, 02:47 PM
BimmerJunkie

Quote:

Oh ok, I get what your saying....If I was you I would have driven over the bridge between the 2 lots