Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > Bimmerfest 2010 California sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks

Bimmerfest 2010 California sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks
The 11th annual Bimmerfest show in California will be held on May 22, 2010 at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, CA!
Sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 05-24-2010, 05:15 PM
MarcusSanDiego MarcusSanDiego is offline
OG Member #321
Location: San Diego
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 645
Send a message via AIM to MarcusSanDiego
Mein Auto: 2008 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M3 E93 in LA View Post
Why is Bimmerfest server running out of storage space? So who is speaking for the community now?

Let the people voice their opinion, most do not appear supportive of the vehicle.
I don't disagree with Markseven about the appreciation for the time, effort, and love the guy put into the car.

I think we're all saying, though, that we don't like the end result. But I would suspect that a good number of us appreciate the work that went into it -- even if it's not something we would have wasted our time toiling on.
__________________
  #52  
Old 05-24-2010, 05:18 PM
synenergy52's Avatar
synenergy52 synenergy52 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Woodland Hills
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,385
Send a message via AIM to synenergy52
Mein Auto: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by markseven View Post
No need for a multi-board poll - opinions on this very thread suggest there is an appreciation for the time, effort, love, etc. involved in that build
Opinions? All two of them? And I love how words like "time, effort, love" are being thrown around. Those one-piece headlights don't even fit right. And the rear lights look like someone took a can of black spray paint to them.

And loving a BMW does not mean molesting it with an alligator-head armrest. Also gotta love the zipties on the front license plate.. Not to mention missing side-markers LOL

__________________
'02 330i | OE Tuning Tune | H&R/Bilstein | 3.38

Cooling System Guide
Dayco 89133 Mechanical Tensioner Pulley

Last edited by synenergy52; 05-24-2010 at 05:21 PM.
  #53  
Old 05-24-2010, 05:32 PM
///M3 E93 in LA's Avatar
///M3 E93 in LA ///M3 E93 in LA is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Los Angeles
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 381
Mein Auto: 08 M3 E93; 01 Porsche C4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusSanDiego View Post
I don't disagree with Markseven about the appreciation for the time, effort, and love the guy put into the car.

I think we're all saying, though, that we don't like the end result. But I would suspect that a good number of us appreciate the work that went into it -- even if it's not something we would have wasted our time toiling on.
Hey, I said it a couple of times that the guy has some craftsmanship, markseven, wanted to cut off the comments, thats what I was objecting too.

Last edited by ///M3 E93 in LA; 05-24-2010 at 05:34 PM.
  #54  
Old 05-24-2010, 05:33 PM
synenergy52's Avatar
synenergy52 synenergy52 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Woodland Hills
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,385
Send a message via AIM to synenergy52
Mein Auto: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M3 E93 in LA View Post
Hey, I said it a couple of times that the guy has some craftsmanship.
He sure does...
__________________
'02 330i | OE Tuning Tune | H&R/Bilstein | 3.38

Cooling System Guide
Dayco 89133 Mechanical Tensioner Pulley
  #55  
Old 05-24-2010, 05:41 PM
Jonmartin Jonmartin is offline
Is G-powered
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 19
Send a message via AIM to Jonmartin
Mein Auto: 08' M3 Sedan 6MT
Sorry bud that car is booty.

And you will pick up chicks like this...

__________________
Jet black / black 2008 E90 M3 6MT / G-Power SKII Supercharger /Gintani Exhaust

Last edited by Jonmartin; 05-24-2010 at 05:44 PM.
  #56  
Old 05-24-2010, 05:45 PM
MarcusSanDiego MarcusSanDiego is offline
OG Member #321
Location: San Diego
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 645
Send a message via AIM to MarcusSanDiego
Mein Auto: 2008 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M3 E93 in LA View Post
wanted to cut off the comments, thats what I was objecting too.
I hear you on that.
__________________
  #57  
Old 05-24-2010, 05:57 PM
///M3 E93 in LA's Avatar
///M3 E93 in LA ///M3 E93 in LA is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Los Angeles
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 381
Mein Auto: 08 M3 E93; 01 Porsche C4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonmartin View Post
Sorry bud that car is booty.

And you will pick up chicks like this...

yikes, I think I saw her in a HIN thread.
  #58  
Old 05-25-2010, 11:25 AM
tony5522 tony5522 is offline
Registered User
Location: SANTA ANA
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 79
Mein Auto: 318I E36
no he piks up fine ass girls..what do u pik up in ur car ur grandma
__________________
  #59  
Old 05-25-2010, 01:12 PM
tony5522 tony5522 is offline
Registered User
Location: SANTA ANA
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 79
Mein Auto: 318I E36
ok well this is the guy who owns the bmw and i decided to come out and say a few things to my wonderful fans its nice to know that a bunch of lame asses like yourselves would take the time to sit here day in and day out talking about my car it seems like you must really have no life which is probably why your cars look the same way they do when you bought them from your grandpa 10 years ago hahahahahaa. and for the girl that says her car is a show car and my paint is weak honey i payed 4000 for my paint not 15 bucks at pepboys for those flames you got on the hood.To the guy thats talking about my seats bro those arent covers like the ones you bought at autozone i payed 2000 for my custom made interior dude my rims are worth more than most of your cars and i didnt even have to pay for them cuz i am sponsored. I have so many sponsors that if i wanted to i could fix up the engine but choose not to cuz i am fixing up an M3. So i say thank you to my haters that keep making me famous and putting me on the map cuz if you really didnt care or didnt like my car than you would have nothing to say about it but in reality your jealous that this 19 year old kids has invested more money in his project car than most of you can waste on your own houses. Oh and by the way i also took another trophy this week in oxnard in a real show not this lame ass show with all you nerds that couldnt even see the kind of work my friend from swift and his 6 series got in his ride thats real customizing not the things you guys do. So thank you and have a wonderful day i have to go make some money now unlike the rest of you
__________________
  #60  
Old 05-25-2010, 01:14 PM
Cliff Cliff is offline
TMS
Location: Home
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 9,269
Mein Auto: BMW
Someone close this thread before it goes even further downhill...
  #61  
Old 05-25-2010, 01:18 PM
MalibuMafiaV's Avatar
MalibuMafiaV MalibuMafiaV is offline
L4P
Location: Malibu, CA
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 11,452
Send a message via AIM to MalibuMafiaV
Mein Auto: E60 M5 & Stage 3 Audi S4
^^ seriously.
__________________
http://www.luxury4play.com
BMW 2006 M5 - REALLY LOUD
Audi S4 2000 Stage 3 - Dat turbo spool
BMW 2000 3-series - Supercharged Because race car SOLD
Maserati 2004 M128 GT - HREs/tint/straight piped SOLD
BMW 2006 M3 - stock - SOLD
  #62  
Old 05-25-2010, 03:00 PM
///M3 E93 in LA's Avatar
///M3 E93 in LA ///M3 E93 in LA is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Los Angeles
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 381
Mein Auto: 08 M3 E93; 01 Porsche C4
wow, I'm all broken up over that....I guess Ill need to go into a dark room, lay down and put a cold wash cloth on my forehead. I guess he showed us. I guess we all got it wrong. I didn't realize I was such a loser, boy Im glad he enlightened us to our true plight in life
  #63  
Old 05-25-2010, 03:01 PM
MalibuMafiaV's Avatar
MalibuMafiaV MalibuMafiaV is offline
L4P
Location: Malibu, CA
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 11,452
Send a message via AIM to MalibuMafiaV
Mein Auto: E60 M5 & Stage 3 Audi S4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M3 E93 in LA View Post
wow, I'm all broken up over that....I guess Ill need to go into a dark room, lay down and put a cold wash cloth on my forehead. I guess he showed us. I guess we all got it wrong. I didn't realize I was such a loser, boy Im glad he enlightened us to our true plight in life

I know it's not like your porsche isn't expensive or your E93 M3 is or anything right? lolololol.
__________________
http://www.luxury4play.com
BMW 2006 M5 - REALLY LOUD
Audi S4 2000 Stage 3 - Dat turbo spool
BMW 2000 3-series - Supercharged Because race car SOLD
Maserati 2004 M128 GT - HREs/tint/straight piped SOLD
BMW 2006 M3 - stock - SOLD
  #64  
Old 05-25-2010, 03:07 PM
///M3 E93 in LA's Avatar
///M3 E93 in LA ///M3 E93 in LA is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Los Angeles
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 381
Mein Auto: 08 M3 E93; 01 Porsche C4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuMafiaV View Post

I know it's not like your porsche isn't expensive or your E93 M3 is or anything right? lolololol.
+1

Ya know on the other hand, he might have a point...the part about wasting money on our houses...maybe I should have invested in a show car instead of real estate or the S&P 500. We all know that our cars are appreciating assets I guess I shouldn't laugh too hard with the state of the housing market or the stock market the last few days I could live in my car instead
  #65  
Old 05-25-2010, 03:37 PM
markseven markseven is offline
an audience of One
Location: John 3:17
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 7,351
Mein Auto: BMW M Power
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M3 E93 in LA View Post
Hey, I said it a couple of times that the guy has some craftsmanship, markseven, wanted to cut off the comments, thats what I was objecting too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusSanDiego View Post
I hear you on that.
Nope, not at all.
  #66  
Old 05-25-2010, 03:39 PM
markseven markseven is offline
an audience of One
Location: John 3:17
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 7,351
Mein Auto: BMW M Power
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusSanDiego View Post
I don't disagree with Markseven about the appreciation for the time, effort, and love the guy put into the car.

I think we're all saying, though, that we don't like the end result. But I would suspect that a good number of us appreciate the work that went into it -- even if it's not something we would have wasted our time toiling on.
Exactly.
  #67  
Old 05-25-2010, 04:32 PM
Tonys18t Tonys18t is offline
Registered User
Location: SoCal
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3
Mein Auto: E30
the closed mindedness and lack of respect displayed by some on this and other threads regarding this car is, i'm sure, truly an embarrassment to genuine auto enthusiasts.
__________________
Tony Saggu. Performance BMW Magazine

  #68  
Old 05-25-2010, 05:59 PM
///M3 E93 in LA's Avatar
///M3 E93 in LA ///M3 E93 in LA is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Los Angeles
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 381
Mein Auto: 08 M3 E93; 01 Porsche C4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonys18t View Post
the closed mindedness and lack of respect displayed by some on this and other threads regarding this car is, i'm sure, truly an embarrassment to genuine auto enthusiasts.
After the tirade above in #59, any modicum of respect was lost. The embarassment was the tirade.
  #69  
Old 05-25-2010, 06:55 PM
RivMcLean RivMcLean is offline
Retired USAF MSgt
Location: Moreno Valley, CA
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 432
Send a message via MSN to RivMcLean
Mein Auto: 2004 330Ci, 87 Toyota PU
Hmmmm I just don't know... Withdraw all my comments, done.
__________________
RivMcLean
2004 330Ci
1987 Toyota Pickup
Moreno Valley, CA

Last edited by RivMcLean; 05-25-2010 at 07:16 PM.
  #70  
Old 05-25-2010, 09:52 PM
synenergy52's Avatar
synenergy52 synenergy52 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Woodland Hills
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,385
Send a message via AIM to synenergy52
Mein Auto: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony5522 View Post
ok well this is the guy who owns the bmw and i decided to come out and say a few things to my wonderful fans its nice to know that a bunch of lame asses like yourselves would take the time to sit here day in and day out talking about my car it seems like you must really have no life which is probably why your cars look the same way they do when you bought them from your grandpa 10 years ago hahahahahaa. and for the girl that says her car is a show car and my paint is weak honey i payed 4000 for my paint not 15 bucks at pepboys for those flames you got on the hood.To the guy thats talking about my seats bro those arent covers like the ones you bought at autozone i payed 2000 for my custom made interior dude my rims are worth more than most of your cars and i didnt even have to pay for them cuz i am sponsored. I have so many sponsors that if i wanted to i could fix up the engine but choose not to cuz i am fixing up an M3. So i say thank you to my haters that keep making me famous and putting me on the map cuz if you really didnt care or didnt like my car than you would have nothing to say about it but in reality your jealous that this 19 year old kids has invested more money in his project car than most of you can waste on your own houses. Oh and by the way i also took another trophy this week in oxnard in a real show not this lame ass show with all you nerds that couldnt even see the kind of work my friend from swift and his 6 series got in his ride thats real customizing not the things you guys do. So thank you and have a wonderful day i have to go make some money now unlike the rest of you


Apparently, your English and grammar is on par with your taste in cars.

These guys need their car back...

__________________
'02 330i | OE Tuning Tune | H&R/Bilstein | 3.38

Cooling System Guide
Dayco 89133 Mechanical Tensioner Pulley
  #71  
Old 05-25-2010, 10:07 PM
///M3 E93 in LA's Avatar
///M3 E93 in LA ///M3 E93 in LA is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Los Angeles
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 381
Mein Auto: 08 M3 E93; 01 Porsche C4
Quote:
Originally Posted by synenergy52 View Post

These guys need their car back...

  #72  
Old 05-25-2010, 10:11 PM
synenergy52's Avatar
synenergy52 synenergy52 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Woodland Hills
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,385
Send a message via AIM to synenergy52
Mein Auto: 330i
BTW, this guy calls us nerds...

That's nice coming from the guy with the alligator armrest.
__________________
'02 330i | OE Tuning Tune | H&R/Bilstein | 3.38

Cooling System Guide
Dayco 89133 Mechanical Tensioner Pulley
  #73  
Old 05-25-2010, 10:14 PM
cmybimmer's Avatar
cmybimmer cmybimmer is offline
IM DA BES
Location: 'llejo Califo'nya
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 14,381
Mein Auto: A rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonys18t View Post
the closed mindedness and lack of respect displayed by some on this and other threads regarding this car is, i'm sure, truly an embarrassment to genuine auto enthusiasts.
+1
__________________
-Usama

"The American Dream only makes sense if you're sleeping" - Lowkey
  #74  
Old 05-25-2010, 10:23 PM
Jonmartin Jonmartin is offline
Is G-powered
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 19
Send a message via AIM to Jonmartin
Mein Auto: 08' M3 Sedan 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony5522 View Post
ok well this is the guy who owns the bmw and i decided to come out and say a few things to my wonderful fans its nice to know that a bunch of lame asses like yourselves would take the time to sit here day in and day out talking about my car it seems like you must really have no life which is probably why your cars look the same way they do when you bought them from your grandpa 10 years ago hahahahahaa. and for the girl that says her car is a show car and my paint is weak honey i payed 4000 for my paint not 15 bucks at pepboys for those flames you got on the hood.To the guy thats talking about my seats bro those arent covers like the ones you bought at autozone i payed 2000 for my custom made interior dude my rims are worth more than most of your cars and i didnt even have to pay for them cuz i am sponsored. I have so many sponsors that if i wanted to i could fix up the engine but choose not to cuz i am fixing up an M3. So i say thank you to my haters that keep making me famous and putting me on the map cuz if you really didnt care or didnt like my car than you would have nothing to say about it but in reality your jealous that this 19 year old kids has invested more money in his project car than most of you can waste on your own houses. Oh and by the way i also took another trophy this week in oxnard in a real show not this lame ass show with all you nerds that couldnt even see the kind of work my friend from swift and his 6 series got in his ride thats real customizing not the things you guys do. So thank you and have a wonderful day i have to go make some money now unlike the rest of you
Ya no one cares about how much money you spent on your $1000.00 car I've had watches worth more then your whole salvage project car so no one cares how much you paid, your sponsors paid, your dad paid, it doesn't matter and sorry to break it you you it wouldn't matter if you spent $100k on your car it wouldn't make it WORTH a $100k theres a big difference bud. Now go polish you're universal fitment Pepboys rims and plastic trophy and stop posting nonesense on the boards thanks.
__________________
Jet black / black 2008 E90 M3 6MT / G-Power SKII Supercharger /Gintani Exhaust
  #75  
Old 05-26-2010, 08:19 AM
tony5522 tony5522 is offline
Registered User
Location: SANTA ANA
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 79
Mein Auto: 318I E36
keep on hating you guys will see me in the DUB show again this year with a new look..
__________________
Closed Thread

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > Bimmerfest 2010 California sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms