Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics sponsored by BimmerTech

Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics sponsored by BimmerTech
BMW navigation, audio upgrades, XM Radio, Sirius, Bluetooth, and Radar Detector discussions here!

Sponsored by BimmerTech

Old 11-13-2003, 09:06 AM
Riuster = Rooster

Send a message via Skype™ to Riuster
Mein Auto: 02 M3, 07 X3 and 04 TSX
2002 m3 FM modulator install

Did anyone install a FM Modulator for their 2002 factory radio? Does anyone know how to remove the blooddy radio so i can hook up the antenna wires?

http://www.xmradio.com/catalog/produ...type=Accessory
Advertisement
Old 12-01-2003, 08:33 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to E46CollegePunk
Mein Auto: 2000 323Ci, 1996 ImpalaSS
pull the trim out carefully, starting at the passenger side... a flat blade screw driver will work.. it comes out easily..

its just 2 Philips-head screws and bam, your radio is out..

On the back of the connector with the main harness going into the radio, on top, there is an indention kinda like this:

____| |_______

at the front-most part of the clip... pry that upwards towards the roof and that unlocks the harness.. the entire look should slide upwards

Last edited by E46CollegePunk; 12-01-2003 at 08:36 AM.
Old 12-01-2003, 08:43 AM
Riuster = Rooster

yes..i found it and installed the Blitzsafe..aux adapter for my sattelitte radio.....works very well...it also has a cd changer input for an ALPINE CD changer if I ever want to install one of those....

Thanks for the help...the FM modulator is not a good option, Blitzsafe is better.....directly connects to the radio...nice...

Old 12-02-2003, 08:13 AM

Mein Auto: M3 Cab
Riuster, did you plug the Blitz to the back of the head unit or in the trunk?

going to plug one it too pretty soon for the iPod

-v
Old 12-02-2003, 08:31 AM
Riuster = Rooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vahan1
Riuster, did you plug the Blitz to the back of the head unit or in the trunk?

going to plug one it too pretty soon for the iPod

-v
I installed it in the trunk, on the left side..there are two plugs wrapped. I got the blitzsafe aux adapter with the CD input, cost a little bit more...but perhaps worth it, so the blitzsafe has two sockets which fit My M3 perfectly....since I dont have DSP and it comes in through the head unit stereo flawlessly....

Very nice...and will work well with the IPOD too...just need to get a good nice mount

go to

www.xmfanstore.com, the owner, I guess ZIGGY was very informative..good store

you should just get satt radio..beats any Ipod or cd...man...CONTINUOUS streams of music.....I prefer channel 64..on Sirius...very NICE..
Old 12-03-2003, 12:01 AM

Mein Auto: M3 Cab
i know, the satt. radio looks very tempting, but i never listen to radio now, always my own stuff (live dj mixes), so i might end up not using it. I'll wait until one of my friends gets it first

For mounting iPod i have the euro-style tray/cupholder replacement on the way. Supposely iPod fits in it perfectly, can't wait to actually see it. ...and of course can't wait to hear some non-fm-quality music from my ipod. The iTrip (their cool looking fm broadcaster) kinda sucks.

thanks for the info

p.s. haha, channel 64 looks like my kinda channel
Old 12-03-2003, 07:33 AM
Riuster = Rooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vahan1
i know, the satt. radio looks very tempting, but i never listen to radio now, always my own stuff (live dj mixes), so i might end up not using it. I'll wait until one of my friends gets it first

For mounting iPod i have the euro-style tray/cupholder replacement on the way. Supposely iPod fits in it perfectly, can't wait to actually see it. ...and of course can't wait to hear some non-fm-quality music from my ipod. The iTrip (their cool looking fm broadcaster) kinda sucks.

thanks for the info

p.s. haha, channel 64 looks like my kinda channel
If you like 64....then we my brother are soo on the same wave length....I hear about the FM modulator....the Ipod FM transmitter doesnt really have a strong wattage output, nothing better than a direct feed....the euro style tray cup holder is that any good compared with this

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/xmfanstore/prvespmo.html

they ahve specific ones to fit our M3s...

Live DJ mixes...hmm...you made these mixes?....I would like to hear them....