Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > Bimmerfest 2010 California sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks

Bimmerfest 2010 California sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks
The 11th annual Bimmerfest show in California will be held on May 22, 2010 at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, CA!
Sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks

Old 05-24-2010, 05:14 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 530i
For Bimmerfest this year, I drove from Orange County where I reside and hooked up with the N San Diego crew at Carlsbad,
headed out @ 5:30am on a planned route and then carved the turns along the Ortega Hwy 74 onwards and then up to Bimmerfest which was a blast.
The presence of police seemed minimal in LA compared with the Santa Barbara events which was cool.
I met an M3 owner at the 2010 fest that is as obsessive about detailing his Bimmer as I am and I saw some of the most elaborate modified Bimmers that blew me away.
Jon, I'm sure with all of the posts reacting +/- to the 2010 event, you'll have no trouble generating a lessons learned list for next year.
All in all with a "Carpe Diem" running in the mental background it was a great event.
For a first run of B'fest at the Rose Bowl I would say good job Jon!
See you all next year!

Thanks Jon for all of the effort.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:23 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Topaz Blue 3.0i Z3 Coupe
I thought it went well, with tons of upside
Old 05-24-2010, 09:46 PM

Mein Auto: E39
My two younglings enjoyed it, I enjoyed. Couldn't find a bimmerfest shirt, bought a Mfest shirt. Dibs on a medium shirt. Ready to do it again next year, no matter where.

E39 parts for sale
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=382143
Old 05-24-2010, 09:58 PM

Mein Auto: 325i
I had fun at bfest. Thanks Jon for setting this up. There were a bunch of a**holes revving like theres no tomorrow and speeding like batman...but its quite normal to see that now a days. me and the crew had a blast and thats all that matters. our drive was way worth it.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:07 PM
Just living MY dream

Mein Auto: 1995 M3 Boston Green
I thought it was great! I really enjoyed the second half on the caravan from the Bay, and the show was awesome! Thanks Jon, we'll be back next year.

Member #2 of the Boston Green Mafia BMW-CCA #457574

1995 BG M3 2000 TiAg 4.4l X5

-I do the things today that others won't do, so I will have the things tomorrow that other won't have....
Old 05-24-2010, 10:07 PM
IM DA BES

Mein Auto: A rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by series88 View Post
me and the crew had a blast and thats all that matters. our drive was way worth it.
+1

and to think you were contemplating not coming (or at least wasnt sure about coming )

"The American Dream only makes sense if you're sleeping" - Lowkey
Old 05-24-2010, 10:09 PM

Mein Auto: 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmy_bimmer View Post
+1

and to think you were contemplating not coming (or at least wasnt sure about coming )
before the milpitas meet, i was only 30% decided to come. what a loser. i was worried that my gay ass mobile wont make it. lol...plus my car was in million pieces at that time..
Old 05-24-2010, 10:10 PM
Local Enthusiast

Mein Auto: E65,P71 Police Intercept.
I'm looking forward to parking on the grass next year Jon ... The best feature of the event this year was the massive amount of space for all our cars. This was the biggest downside of the Polo Grounds where many nice cars had to park in the overflow lot and did not get a chance to show.

. 360infiniteusa Angel Eyes . H&R Springs . mObridge AUX Integration .
Old 05-24-2010, 10:15 PM
IM DA BES

Mein Auto: A rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by series88 View Post
before the milpitas meet, i was only 30% decided to come. what a loser. i was worried that my gay ass mobile wont make it. lol...plus my car was in million pieces at that time..
Yeah I understand. Just like last year, I barely knew anyone so i was 50/50 going. But went anyway. Although last year was epic from location and weather and events, this year was probably better for me cuz i knew a lot more ppl and actually joined baybimmerz

"The American Dream only makes sense if you're sleeping" - Lowkey
Old 05-25-2010, 07:16 AM

Mein Auto: A highly Modded E21
Jon, thank you for all the hard work you put into having it this year, I know it was not easy this year with the events that took place. Your heart is always in Bimmerfest and making it happen!

Thank you to the staff as well.

E21 LEGION
Bimmerfest: 01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10 Veteran
Old 05-25-2010, 09:50 AM

Mein Auto: E30
you already know what i think Jon Great show once again.

Old 05-25-2010, 07:35 PM

Mein Auto: E46, E53, BB6
Overall experience = Thanks Jon and crew!!!

I Iforged I Eurospec I Hamann I EAS I Bimmerblvd I Instylegraphics I TWS I Jlevis I
Old 05-26-2010, 12:12 AM

Mein Auto: 1981 323i Baur
I had a great time, I'll have driven my E-21 over 8000 miles in three weeks with the main goal of getting to Bimmerfest at least once now met. I've met many people on the way, got to hang out with the portland group, the san fransico guys (even spent some time with my grandpa), some LA guys, even did two auto crosses and went to san diego for new seats. So for me the fest has been a 3 week party where I finally got to meet a lot of the people I've chatted with through forums over the past 5 years.

I wish I could go every year but my wife would kill me. I can't afford it and at a cost of over $2000 dollars per trip, This year I got lucky since $20.00 of raffle tickets won me a nice prize that will hopefully pay for my whole trip.

If I do come again I'm driving the M3 I miss climate control and cruise control, and a softer suspention, my whole right leg hurts from 80 hours of holding down the gas pedal....

Overall it was a blast I've never been to a show with 2500 cars let alone all of them BMWs. In Alaska we only get 2-3 BMWs at shows, if any come at all.

1981 BMW 323i Baur #3023/4595 M20 2.7 L swap and lots of other stuff. - summer fun car
Winner of the longest drive ever to Bimmerfest in 2010.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:41 AM

Send a message via AIM to Silentelysium
Mein Auto: 2008 E93 335i
I absolutely loved the show. =]

Old 05-26-2010, 02:57 AM

Mein Auto: 1993 325i
This was my first fest and had a great time. Definitely going next year wherever it is.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:36 PM
Petrolhead

Mein Auto: 328i
I'm posting late, but it was a great show. This is my third fest and I have loved them all, but I thought that this was the best yet. I've been to a lot of car shows in all varying degrees, and I organized the socal caravan a couple years back, so I know how hard organizing strangers can be. And I say that this year was awesome. Though I showed up around 11 on purpose to avoid the long lines. The point is to get a ton of cars and enthusiasts together, and the job was done extrememly well. The Rose Bowl had big, open lots which were awesome. The food was well organized. There were a lot of great vendors and the Tshirts are awesome. There are so many great things that happened this year...I was really pleased with it.

I think my favorite thing to do at Bimmerfest though, is being able to see virtually every model BMW has ever produced, and salivating over what I want to buy in the future. For the record, I'm hoping for an E39 M5 in Imola Red and my brother loves the E46 in Laguna Seca Blue. But being able to see those cars, along with every other Bimmer is always amazing.

Jon, Mark, Tim, if you guys read this-Thanks. Seriously. In case the negativity gets to you, just remember that there were thousands of Bimmer enthusiasts at the fest this year, and of that, a couple dozen people are bitching. The rest of us had a blast and will be back next year. Most of the whiners will be back too, so maybe they had more fun than they're letting on.
............................that's what gets you."

..................................................-Jeremy Clarkson
Old 01-11-2011, 08:28 PM
Supporting 'Fest Member

Mein Auto: 1994 530i Manual
It needs to be May 14th already!!!
All California BMW owners click here for a meet and greet!