Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Old 04-08-2014, 10:20 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 M3
Samsung going after negative reviews lol..

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2014/04/sam...laxy-s5-press/

I think it is pathetic. Each reviewer is entitled to their opinion whether positive or negative as long as their review does not publish anything that is false. What good is a review if the reviewer has nothing but positive things to say while leaving out all the negative aspects of a product?

The Koreans being very patriotic most likely take any local criticism very poorly as they would view it as unpatriotic.

Looks like Samsung is getting desperate after the first $1 Billion fine from Apple and current $2 Billion fine from Apple. Those numbers are nothing to sneeze at.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
330 Coupe Sold
Ads by Google
Old 04-08-2014, 11:19 PM

Mein Auto: 530i
Agreed - If Samsung took all the money it was paying its lawyers and invested it in talent and improved business processes then perhaps they might be able to come up with original ideas so that they wouldn't have IP lawsuits to battle over.

They are completely out of line to try and sue this publisher for an article that I assume would be based on some facts from a credible source.

Keep in mind Samsung's actions with regards to this unhappy Galaxy S4 consumer: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...ube-video.html

I don't think I'll ever be buying from them again based on the way they are headed.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:20 AM

They got a few problems alright...

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsu...-Korea_id54948

330 Coupe Sold
Old 04-09-2014, 04:18 PM

Mein Auto: '11 X5d
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylinexpat View Post
They got a few problems alright...

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsu...-Korea_id54948

Android phones almost always get price cuts quickly after release. Hell, VZW, one of the biggest carriers in the US, is offering *****one-get-one for the HTC M8 and GS5.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:06 PM
Psychology Reversalist

Mein Auto: 528
Like one of the commenters pointed out, he found it funny that the article said that Samsung already cut 10% of the price when they never came out with a price yet. All the prices were guesses by the different bloggers.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatWiz View Post
Like one of the commenters pointed out, he found it funny that the article said that Samsung already cut 10% of the price when they never came out with a price yet. All the prices were guesses by the different bloggers.

True, he may have been guessing price based on prices it was released at for Asian markets. Got released here already. Saw it in Thailand the other day.

330 Coupe Sold
Old 04-11-2014, 10:00 AM

I wonder if HTC will go after them for this one lol..

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-...st-day-1241846

330 Coupe Sold
Old 04-12-2014, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylinexpat View Post
I wonder if HTC will go after them for this one lol..

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-...st-day-1241846

Any press is good press for HTC I guess...

No one wants their devices here. I was at my local AT&T store last night to compare both devices. The manager said that they sold out of their shipment within minutes of opening. They have yet to sell out of the M8s here.

Not to mention, I already see HTC M8s on Craigslist for ~$550. Pathetic for such a new phone.
Old 04-12-2014, 03:50 PM
Psychology Reversalist

Mein Auto: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoUnion View Post
Any press is good press for HTC I guess...

No one wants their devices here. I was at my local AT&T store last night to compare both devices. The manager said that they sold out of their shipment within minutes of opening. They have yet to sell out of the M8s here.

Not to mention, I already see HTC M8s on Craigslist for ~$550. Pathetic for such a new phone.
US consumers have a bit of a herd mentality. They want to buy what everybody else have.
Old 04-12-2014, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatWiz View Post
US consumers have a bit of a herd mentality. They want to buy what everybody else have.
Meh, every single time I've tried other Android OEMs, they've had major flaws.

Sony: XPERIA Z, poor RF and battery life. Washed out screen. Slow updates

LG: OG, G2, Nexus 4, N5, Bloated skin, average battery life, decent screen, poor update support. N4 and N5 had poor cameras and poor RF (can't hold a signal where my Samsung/Apple/HTC devices can)

HTC: I have the One/M7 now. They get the closest to Samsung, but just some minor software gripes (cant see the screen on time in battery stats for example). Terrible battery life and the camera is trash. The M8 fixes the software problems and adds a microSD card, but camera is the same.

Samsung: yes, TW is bloated and the devices have a plastic feel, but they have, by far, the best software features, screens, and cameras out of all the Android OEMs.
The Note's software tweaks are actually fantastic. I love my Note 3. Not to mention, for someone who flips phones as often as me, resale on them is STRONG. Used LG, HTC, and Sony phones are worthless.

Moto: can't comment. AT&T doesn't get the nice Droids. All the reviews suggest that the Moto X is a solid phone at a great price. Too low end for me though.

If I was one of those people who think that it is cool to buy something that everyone else doesn't have, I'd buy a Moto X or HTC.

Since I don't give a crap about the herd BS, I'm sticking with Samsung. I've tried them all and no one beats them for the overall experience. Who gives a crap if everyone else has the same phone?

The Galaxy S3 is still getting updates after almost two years. What other OEM is supporting their Android phones after that long? No one.

-Sent from Galaxy S4

Last edited by AutoUnion; 04-12-2014 at 04:30 PM.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoUnion View Post
Meh, every single time I've tried other Android OEMs, they've had major flaws.

Sony: XPERIA Z, poor RF and battery life. Washed out screen. Slow updates

LG: OG, G2, Nexus 4, N5, Bloated skin, average battery life, decent screen, poor update support. N4 and N5 had poor cameras and poor RF (can't hold a signal where my Samsung/Apple/HTC devices can)

HTC: I have the One/M7 now. They get the closest to Samsung, but just some minor software gripes (cant see the screen on time in battery stats for example). Terrible battery life and the camera is trash. The M8 fixes the software problems and adds a microSD card, but camera is the same.

Samsung: yes, TW is bloated and the devices have a plastic feel, but they have, by far, the best software features, screens, and cameras out of all the Android OEMs.
The Note's software tweaks are actually fantastic. I love my Note 3. Not to mention, for someone who flips phones as often as me, resale on them is STRONG. Used LG, HTC, and Sony phones are worthless.

Moto: can't comment. AT&T doesn't get the nice Droids. All the reviews suggest that the Moto X is a solid phone at a great price. Too low end for me though.

If I was one of those people who think that it is cool to buy something that everyone else doesn't have, I'd buy a Moto X or HTC.

Since I don't give a crap about the herd BS, I'm sticking with Samsung. I've tried them all and no one beats them for the overall experience. Who gives a crap if everyone else has the same phone?

The Galaxy S3 is still getting updates after almost two years. What other OEM is supporting their Android phones after that long? No one.

-Sent from Galaxy S4

I currently own both the HTC ONE M7 and the Samsung Note 3. My Note 3 has very few crashes/closings.

Advantages of HTC ONE M7 Developers edition over my Samsung Note 3
1) I like the the feel of it better in my hand
2) It has better sound from dual stereo speakers to where I can actually watch a video out in
Public and hear it. This I can not do with my Note 3 as the speaker is quite bad.
3) HTC Sense Newfeed is great as you can set what ever newsfeed you like to see the news you
Like to see.
4) Stocks application works better
5) People widget is great

Advantages of my Note 3 over my HTC ONE M7 Developers Edition
1) 4 bands of LTE for when traveling
2) 3GB of a RAM instead of two makes it more fluid with less crashes
3) A Replaceable battery makes it a great travel companion when traveling abroad or long
Distances as you just take a spare fully charged battery with you. Once your battery runs
Out you simply pop in a fresh new one.
4) Better screen for watching videos and reading news.
5) Smartphone is much faster and more responsive.
6) The pen feature for Notes is simply amazing on this phone. Any business man would love
This phone as you can attach written notes on front or back of pictures along with voice
Note attachments to pictures. This feature is great for people who are in the business
Of buying and selling products that need to have cost and retail written down on the
Products that they buy while abroad.

330 Coupe Sold