Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Old 02-27-2011, 08:58 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to tgee Send a message via Yahoo to tgee
Mein Auto: 06 330CI Alpine ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calliope View Post
((Hug))

Update: giving Tina a hug

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Bimmer App
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missmodena310 View Post
for you Tina<3

update: had a long day at work <3 but on the upside my B talked to me the whole time and we finally said we love each other yeah it was super cute and adorable
<3 to both of you

-Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse.." and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse.."

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.-Robert A. Heinlein

Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious-Unknown
Old 02-28-2011, 03:33 AM

Mein Auto: Audi a4 quattro 6/MT
update: I feel sick. one of my BFF's and riding partner was riding yesterday (while I was doing a race out of town). I come home and notice a few missed calls and an odd text msg on my phone from her. I call her... her nurse picks up and to tell me she's getting prepped for surgery. Bad bicycling accident. Almost lost her arm. I'm still a total mess. I couldn't sleep last night, and now I have to go to school. I want to see her, I will probably leave class early and go to the hospital. They're pretty sure her arm is saved, I'm not sure. Her nurse called me last night to MLK she made it through surgery okay. (her nurse, that works for her...not the nurse at the hospital...she's surgeon...or at least was...I don't know WTF she's going to be able to do when all of this is said and done). I'm just glad she didn't break her neck or something, but still...her arm. Seriously. It sounds like it was severed, but I don't know everything. I will know more today after class. She's at the hospital I just did clinicals with, so I know exactly where she is and will B line it there after class.

Please say a prayer for her. I would have been on that ride, this could have easily been me, or sh!t maybe it wouldn't ahve happned if I were riding with her. ...ugh...I feel so sick....I couldn't sleep at all last night....
Old 02-28-2011, 05:42 AM

Mein Auto: 2011.5 E90 ZCP ///M3
Thats terrible Sandy. The whole situation seems like its right out of Grey's Anatomy! Hope she makes a full recovery!

Update: Wife says I forgot a few hairs under my nose today after my shave. She mentions this while we are on the subway. SMH
2013 Cayenne S (SOLD)
2010 G37x (Lease Returned)
2011.5 ///M3 Sedan (ED 3/18/11) (SOLD)
2008 335i Sedan (SOLD)
2007 GTI (SOLD)
2006 RSX (SOLD)
1995 Civic (SOLD)
1994 Jetta RIP

Last edited by bkmk5; 02-28-2011 at 07:02 AM. Reason: Brain and fingers don't coordinate all that well
Old 02-28-2011, 05:49 AM
We want the Lion!

Mein Auto: 03 ZHP, 01 X5, 73 MGB
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkmk5 View Post
Thats terrible Sandy. The whole situation seems like its right out of Grey's Anatomy! How she makes a full recovery!

Update: Wife says I forgot a few hairs under my nose today after my shave. She mentions this while we are on the subway. SMH
Yeah, but did the GF notice?

Update: not a damn thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Bob View Post
JUST...LOOK...UNDER...THE...CAR....for Chrissakes....it`s like checking to see if a dog is male or female....
Quote:
Originally Posted by smolck View Post
A bimmer with forced induction should have a proper manual gearbox. Anything less is like french kissing your sister.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:27 AM
Ice Princess

Mein Auto: 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailinSand View Post
update: I feel sick. one of my BFF's and riding partner was riding yesterday (while I was doing a race out of town). I come home and notice a few missed calls and an odd text msg on my phone from her. I call her... her nurse picks up and to tell me she's getting prepped for surgery. Bad bicycling accident. Almost lost her arm. I'm still a total mess. I couldn't sleep last night, and now I have to go to school. I want to see her, I will probably leave class early and go to the hospital. They're pretty sure her arm is saved, I'm not sure. Her nurse called me last night to MLK she made it through surgery okay. (her nurse, that works for her...not the nurse at the hospital...she's surgeon...or at least was...I don't know WTF she's going to be able to do when all of this is said and done). I'm just glad she didn't break her neck or something, but still...her arm. Seriously. It sounds like it was severed, but I don't know everything. I will know more today after class. She's at the hospital I just did clinicals with, so I know exactly where she is and will B line it there after class.

Please say a prayer for her. I would have been on that ride, this could have easily been me, or sh!t maybe it wouldn't ahve happned if I were riding with her. ...ugh...I feel so sick....I couldn't sleep at all last night....
OMG Sandy that's horrible. Will certainly say a prayer for her

Update: Easing reluctantly into my work day.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott ZHP View Post
Yeah, but did the GF notice?
Got jokes today!

Update: looking forward to hearing from the head hunter today.
2013 Cayenne S (SOLD)
2008 335i Sedan (SOLD)
2007 GTI (SOLD)
2006 RSX (SOLD)
1995 Civic (SOLD)
1994 Jetta RIP
Old 02-28-2011, 06:46 AM
Lymphoma Cancer Awareness

Mein Auto: '10 Bora
Quote:

Oh no!! Wishing your friend a speedy recovery!

Update: To early to be up

I don't have to drive like I am in a race car everyday, It's just knowing that I can

"It's the Ulitimate Driving Machine, These things happen" - Officer after issuing a speeding ticket
Old 02-28-2011, 06:52 AM
Ice Princess

Update: Bunch of disease vectors at work today. Going through hand sanitizer like it's going out of style.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:53 AM

Mein Auto: X5
Quote:

Ride partner's guilt is never easy to deal with. I know what you're going through. I had a riding partner who got into a serious accident in my absence, broke a collar bone and had a concussion (his helmet broken in pieces). You tend to blame it on yourself and that's perfectly normal. Try to cope with it as best you can. I wish her a speedy recovery.

Update: it was so loud i could've swore we had a tornado swinging by the hood last night.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:24 AM
meroglot

Send a message via AIM to 'Cane
Mein Auto: ?
Quote:

I love to play that "what if" game too, but there's nothing you can do about it. Just be there for your friend.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:07 AM
Ice Princess

Update: At home, waiting on the builder - again, to attempt to troubleshoot this leak in my kitchen ceiling - again.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:46 AM

Update: In a funk.

Update2: meeting in 15 mins... i think this woman wants to hand off her work to me.
2013 Cayenne S (SOLD)
2008 335i Sedan (SOLD)
2007 GTI (SOLD)
2006 RSX (SOLD)
1995 Civic (SOLD)
1994 Jetta RIP
Old 02-28-2011, 11:23 AM
* BLONDETOURAGE 2010*

Send a message via AIM to Missmodena310
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:

Omg <3 i am so sorry hope for the best for her!! how are you holding up? i def said a prayer for her love. If you need anything call me <3 B sends his regards as well!

update: 8 days and ill be back in sunny florida
Old 02-28-2011, 11:37 AM
Ice Princess

Quote:
update: 8 days and ill be back in sunny florida
You're the intercontinental girl

Sandy - any news on your friend?

Update: Back at work. Source of leak appears to be a pinhole in the tub surround.. which makes sense because it leaks whenever my daughter takes a bath. It was so teeny I didn't even notice it.. then buddy came and stuck his finger right through it, so, yeah... they need to fix it, lol
Old 02-28-2011, 11:39 AM
* BLONDETOURAGE 2010*

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Chelle- View Post
You're the intercontinental girl

Sandy - any news on your friend?

Update: Back at work. Source of leak appears to be a pinhole in the tub surround.. which makes sense because it leaks whenever my daughter takes a bath. It was so teeny I didn't even notice it.. then buddy came and stuck his finger right through it, so, yeah... they need to fix it, lol
hahah i am indeed like a little migrating bird!

i just talked to sandy shes on her way to the hospital right now hope he gf is ok!!!

update: worried for Salinsands gf!
Old 02-28-2011, 11:59 AM

Mein Auto: **** you
Sands! I hope your friend is OK!!

Update: nice relaxing weekend...BBq'd fri night, relaxed & did chores all day sat (and started some chili)...went to brunch with friends Sun morning...came home and my friend Mark, and Kevin passed out on the couch for a nap...my roommate was sleeping still at 3pm...and I was out of chores so I hit the bar for a bit - then came home to yummy chili & a yummy boyfriend

Update 2: Monday is teh sucks
Old 02-28-2011, 12:55 PM
* BLONDETOURAGE 2010*

update: o thank goodness B made it to his Appointment in time and i now am not freaking out! ( the 4 pots of coffee may have done it too lol )
Old 02-28-2011, 01:00 PM

update: lol got some pics from our company awards banquet...my mommy is so purdy

lol the one of everyone dancing cracks me up it looks like I am about to eat it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	banquet.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	268250   Click image for larger version

Name:	banquet1.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	268251   Click image for larger version

Name:	banquet2.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	268252  
Old 02-28-2011, 01:09 PM
* BLONDETOURAGE 2010*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 Brit View Post
update: lol got some pics from our company awards banquet...my mommy is so purdy

lol the one of everyone dancing cracks me up it looks like I am about to eat it!
awesome picz britt! you look fab!

update: so much less stressed now
Old 02-28-2011, 01:19 PM

Quote:
awesome picz britt! you look fab!

update: so much less stressed now
Thanks! even though she got me from my bad side in both of those pics

Update: off to lunch
Old 02-28-2011, 01:28 PM
Ice Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 Brit View Post
You and your mom are lovely But okay, look at the guy in the back row in the first pic, checking out the girls' asses and the expression on his face

Update: Hometime
Old 02-28-2011, 01:29 PM
Ice Princess

Quote:
You and your mom are lovely But okay, look at the guy in the back row in the first pic, checking out the girls' asses and the expression on his face
And the other guy, on the left-hand side.. he's got the front-ends covered That pic is funny, lol.

Update: going now
Old 02-28-2011, 01:31 PM
Chocolate Salty Balls

Mein Auto: Slammin Taco
Quote:

Update: Hometime
I noticed that as well.

UPDATE: Steaks and baked potatoes for dinner
Old 02-28-2011, 01:54 PM

Quote:
And the other guy, on the left-hand side.. he's got the front-ends covered That pic is funny, lol.

Update: going now
the guy in the back...well thats just a bass face - he is new, and mormon...that is his wife right net to him. That kid can DANCE!!! He was just jammin lol - the guy in the front though...ohhhh I am going to give him hell about this one!
Old 02-28-2011, 02:02 PM
* BLONDETOURAGE 2010*

update: after 4 pots of coffee i finally had some multigrain cheerios