Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series

M Series
The ///M Series Forums. If you would like to see all new posts in all the forums, click here.

Old 04-04-2002, 03:25 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 330Cic
Question E46 M3 market value question

Hey guys I have a question. I have an 2002 M3 slot and I could have the car around August. Problem is I canít afford to keep a new M3 right now. How is the market? Could I sell a Ti Sil with PP M3 with less than 300 miles easily or would it actually be difficult. I would have to get MSRP for the car and the buyer would be responsible for taxes and registration fees.

If you respond please donít flame me and tell me not to buy the car in the first place. Iím just trying to get a sense of how the market is right now. It appears that a few M3s on ebay are not meeting their reserve and I donít want to get stuck with an M3 or take a loss.

Thanks
Old 04-04-2002, 04:49 PM
A sudden sense of liberty

Mein Auto: 535xiT, Golf R, 987S
Re: E46 M3 market value question

Quote:
Originally posted by Wingboot
Hey guys I have a question. I have an 2002 M3 slot and I could have the car around August. Problem is I canít afford to keep a new M3 right now. How is the market? Could I sell a Ti Sil with PP M3 with less than 300 miles easily or would it actually be difficult. I would have to get MSRP for the car and the buyer would be responsible for taxes and registration fees.

If you respond please donít flame me and tell me not to buy the car in the first place. Iím just trying to get a sense of how the market is right now. It appears that a few M3s on ebay are not meeting their reserve and I donít want to get stuck with an M3 or take a loss.

Thanks
Just walking in off the street, Passport (in Suitland, MD) offered me a slot within the next two weeks for delivery in or before August at MSRP. I'd say that the market for near-new M3s is probably softening, given the availability of new ones for reasonable wait times. I wouldn't count on selling the car quickly for MSRP.

Give up the slot, and let someone else spec out their dream car.
Old 04-04-2002, 05:22 PM

Mein Auto: .
I suspect you'd take a pretty good hit, at least $3-5,000.

Let somebody else spec it.

To clasp the hands in prayer is the beginning of an uprising against the disorder of the world.
Old 04-08-2002, 10:52 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally posted by atyclb
I suspect you'd take a pretty good hit, at least $3-5,000.

Let somebody else spec it.
Take that $5000 hit and I'll buy it off of you.
Old 04-14-2002, 03:47 PM

Mein Auto: 2001 BMW M3
bummer you cant keep your M3 Wingboot.

As long as the miles remain low, I'm sure you can find a buyer with minimal losses. I think it will have to be less than MSRP though since it's now considered a used car.