Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > Bimmerfest 2010 California sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks

Bimmerfest 2010 California sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks
The 11th annual Bimmerfest show in California will be held on May 22, 2010 at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, CA!
Sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks

Old 06-04-2010, 03:52 PM
Chocolate Salty Balls

Mein Auto: Slammin Taco
Bimmerfest Regionals

Here's an idea for you Jon, a spin off of your "forum member" 10.5 idea. I'm in C Florida, while I'd love to head out to Cali and do some camping I'm sure I'm not the only one in the SE who thinks if we had something closer we would go. So what about a NE/SE/NW/SW regional meet in spots conducive of drawing large regional groups. I've already done small GTG's with quite a few east coast festers, I'm ready for the big one, or rather the smaller one than the "BIG ONE"
Old 06-06-2010, 08:19 PM
Admin • Owner • Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Bryce View Post
Here's an idea for you Jon, a spin off of your "forum member" 10.5 idea. I'm in C Florida, while I'd love to head out to Cali and do some camping I'm sure I'm not the only one in the SE who thinks if we had something closer we would go. So what about a NE/SE/NW/SW regional meet in spots conducive of drawing large regional groups. I've already done small GTG's with quite a few east coast festers, I'm ready for the big one, or rather the smaller one than the "BIG ONE"

I like the idea... These things don't have to be so official, just get folks together to meet f2f and check out the cars..

Serving the BMW Online Community Since 1995 • The BIMMERFEST "Internet Special"
Old 06-10-2010, 11:26 PM
Lurking around since 2005

Send a message via AIM to BMWenthusiast Send a message via MSN to BMWenthusiast
Mein Auto: E90 2006 BMW 330i
I think it would need some bimmerfest coordination, but not to a high extent. The extent would be:
-Date: Bimmerfest staff should come up with dates and regions to be divided into (i.e. SoCal, Norcal, etc or perhaps even more specifically like OC, LA, IE, Riverside, etc). The events should occur within the same month (say January) with different regions having different weekends (i.e. Norcal would be a week after SoCal so if someone really wanted to attend both they could, or schedule their vacation to be able to attend both).
-Designate "regional managers" who would be in charge of finding a large enough location and determining the events. (i.e. some regions could have drives, small raffles, etc)
-Create regional sub-forums to help with the coordination

I think that this would work well with a little bit of coordination from Bimmerfest staff, or just by designating a small group of members who would be willing to work on this.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:11 PM
Petrolhead

Mein Auto: 328i
I'm not positive, but I don't think there are bimmerfest "managers" all over the country. Basically, if people want to make it happen, someone will have to step up from their area and make it happen. There are BMW meets all over the country, ranging from one-off meetings for special occasions to weekly Bimmer meets in parking lots behind shopping malls, just take the initiative.
............................that's what gets you."

..................................................-Jeremy Clarkson
Old 06-11-2010, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: 09 Freightliner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Bryce View Post

I'm good, but heck, let's wait till the fall when it's a little cooler, hm? Dang, temps hitting 95 in O-town is brutal.

- J.C. Watts Jr.