Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 09-13-2012, 10:38 AM

Mein Auto: 2003 745 Li
coolant leak

why is my 03' 745Li leaking antifreeze and where is it leaking from?
Advertisement
Old 09-13-2012, 12:38 PM
Wish I Didnt Hate My 7 :(

Mein Auto: 2006 750Li
Mine does the same thing in an '06 750Li. Dealer said they can not locate the leak but could be through a small crack or clamp. They will need to run a flush test to find it which will cost me $$$. I'll just keep putting in coolant every few weeks instead
Old 09-13-2012, 12:58 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: POS Honda
Hoses, clamp, water pump, expansion tank, crossover pipe, valley pan, radiator. Ect, ect...

Be a little more descriptive!

Old 09-13-2012, 01:00 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: POS Honda
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossku69 View Post
Mine does the same thing in an '06 750Li. Dealer said they can not locate the leak but could be through a small crack or clamp. They will need to run a flush test to find it which will cost me $$$. I'll just keep putting in coolant every few weeks instead
Any good mechanic can pressure test the system for 40 bucks and tell you without a flush.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to fabolousarch Send a message via Skype™ to fabolousarch
Mein Auto: 745i
I'm having the same problem and I dont have a leak... I smell the antifreeze fumes when I'm driving with the windows down and I get the low coolant warning as well. This is really worrying me ... Someone please help
Old 09-13-2012, 07:17 PM
Account Under Review

Mein Auto: BMW 745i
Check wheep hole- most invisible leak
Lower hose sensor
Expansion tank
Y shape hose from heads
Old 09-25-2012, 03:53 PM

Mein Auto: 745 Li
Had the same problem, it was the expansion tank. Dont buy the after market ones, you will have the same problem within a few weeks plus the hoses sometimes don't fit exactly tight and will leak.

I suggest you get it fron the dealer for less than $125.00. Changing it is simple, should take only a few min. You will loose some coolant and make sure you have extra on hand or just refill with water.

Hope this help.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:01 PM

Mein Auto: 745 Li
Automatic trunk opening and closing

I'm having problem with my trunk opening and closing automtically. I can hear the motor running when the button is activated but the trunk will not fully open or close.

Have anyone else had this problem and is this something I can fix myself. Dont' want to know what the stealership would charge.

If it's too big of a problem I'm thinking of leaving it alone and continue to do it manually, just like for everything to work on my ride.

Help anyone.

Thanks
Old 09-25-2012, 11:10 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 745Li
I recently had the coolant problem. I thought it was the weephole, thank god it wasnt. My expansion tank was fine as was the radator and hoses. Check your water pump! The part of the water pump that connects to the belt can sever from the pump and only at high rpm's does it spin fast enough to leak. If you DIY should take 3-5 hours and about $250-300. If not 750 at the dealer.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:13 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 745Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcusmenu View Post
I'm having problem with my trunk opening and closing automtically. I can hear the motor running when the button is activated but the trunk will not fully open or close.

Have anyone else had this problem and is this something I can fix myself. Dont' want to know what the stealership would charge.

If it's too big of a problem I'm thinking of leaving it alone and continue to do it manually, just like for everything to work on my ride.

Help anyone.

Thanks
Look for a thread on here that talks about auto trunk pump fluid. It may be low on fluid and hence not enough pressure to open that heavy trunk lid