Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 10-28-2010, 08:05 AM
UNCBimmer7

Mein Auto: BMW 750Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfochil View Post
If you bought that 7 from that dealer, don't even think of putting gas in their loaner!

Did not get the 7 from this dealer. Signed the sheet, $5/gal if not replaced.
Dark Graphite Metallic, Oyster Nappa, Camera pkg, Convenience pkg, Driver Assistance pkg, Lux Seating pkg, Premim sound pkg, 19 Wheels/Performance RFT, Leather Instrument Panel, NightVision, Head-up Display, Satellite Radio
Old 10-28-2010, 08:10 AM
UNCBimmer7

Alignment update:

SA called back, telling me he quoted me wrong. My F02 alignment is a 5 hrs job (I think this is totally B.S.). Ask for $300+ for the job. I guess I have no choice. Blood Suckers!!
Dark Graphite Metallic, Oyster Nappa, Camera pkg, Convenience pkg, Driver Assistance pkg, Lux Seating pkg, Premim sound pkg, 19 Wheels/Performance RFT, Leather Instrument Panel, NightVision, Head-up Display, Satellite Radio
Old 10-30-2010, 04:56 AM

Mein Auto: HONDA
BMW 745 LI too noisy , from oil pump noises to catalytic shield vibration, can BMW fix this for good ? seems like the design of this components fail in all units.
Old 10-30-2010, 05:10 AM

BMW 745 Li repair bill ....radiator flush , alternator and water pump $ 2100.00 dollars , high way robbery ah ? parts maybe 500 dollars is oem parts the rest a robbery at gun point.
Old 10-30-2010, 05:15 AM

BMW is a HEADACHE, a love hate relationship
Old 10-30-2010, 06:13 AM
Munchen bound

Mein Auto: Ferrari
From your name you don't appear to care much for BMW's. Just curious, at three posts, all negative, why you'd want to joint a forum dedicated to BMW's?
Old 10-30-2010, 07:56 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2010 750 Li
My 7er has not always been perfect but I can tell you that it has been the best car I have ever owned including my 2006 Aston Martin Vanquish S.

The problems I have had have all be addressed by my enthusiastic dealer without any issues. They are always trying to please you.

Unfortunately for me I am going to blow my allowed miles out the door at the end of my lease because even though I have several cars the only one I drive is my BMW 7. I love this car and it excels in so many ways.

2010 750 Li |Citrin Black|Amaro Brown Leather|IndividualComposition|Piano Black Wood Trim|

2012 MB Designo S 550
Old 10-30-2010, 04:29 PM
UNCBimmer7

Oil Pump replacement update:

Took my car back today from the dealer. Noise is completely gone!! Air condition noise is gone too!! So I am happy with their job. They replaced the oil pump, and the fan motor for the air condition. But get this, blood suck dealer sucks $324 out of my pocket for the wheel alignment. This is ridiculous!!! I called other dealers, for the same model, they charge range from$99-$120 for the wheel alignment. My dealer said since my 7 is new body F01, it will take 5 hours to do the alignment!! This is such a BS!! I am not over with this yet, will talk to the service manager on monday(He is not in on Sat.). But paid the due since I need the car today. Below is what dealer did to my car

Oil Pump
Gasket steel
Gasket steel
ASA-Bolt
Motor Oil SAE 5W-30
Windshield washer A Warranty $0.00

Heating and A/C
Set Oil-filter ELEM
Blower Motor Warranty $0.00

4-Wheel Alignment $299.00

SS Service Charge $26.59

Tax $2.07

Total invoice $327.66

Over all, Great fix on the car, but bad experience with the alignment service.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:38 PM

Mein Auto: '08 M5
thanks for the info man, do you have a part # on the Oil Pump so i can show to my SA.

thx again

Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by huanjf View Post
Oil Pump replacement update:

Took my car back today from the dealer. Noise is completely gone!! Air condition noise is gone too!! So I am happy with their job. They replaced the oil pump, and the fan motor for the air condition. But get this, blood suck dealer sucks $324 out of my pocket for the wheel alignment. This is ridiculous!!! I called other dealers, for the same model, they charge range from$99-$120 for the wheel alignment. My dealer said since my 7 is new body F01, it will take 5 hours to do the alignment!! This is such a BS!! I am not over with this yet, will talk to the service manager on monday(He is not in on Sat.). But paid the due since I need the car today. Below is what dealer did to my car

Oil Pump
Gasket steel
Gasket steel
ASA-Bolt
Motor Oil SAE 5W-30
Windshield washer A Warranty $0.00

Heating and A/C
Set Oil-filter ELEM
Blower Motor Warranty $0.00

4-Wheel Alignment $299.00

SS Service Charge $26.59

Tax $2.07

Total invoice $327.66

Over all, Great fix on the car, but bad experience with the alignment service.
Old 10-31-2010, 04:22 PM
UNCBimmer7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGooch View Post
thanks for the info man, do you have a part # on the Oil Pump so i can show to my SA.

thx again

Mark

As I learned. Each VIN has unique parts for the Oil pump replacement. But here is mine

11-41-7-612-772 Oil Pump 1 count
11-13-7-566-644 Gasket steel 1 count
11-13-7-570-705 Gasket steel 1 count
07-12-9-906-905 ASA-BOLT 21 count
07-51-0-017-954 Motor Oil SAE 5w-30 8 count
83-12-0-405-186 Windshield washer A 1 count

Good Luck

Update for the Heating and A/C noise:

Dealer did not fix the problem after all. Noise is still there. Maybe I have to live with that. It is not severe, but it can get under your skin sometimes. I hate put my car into dealer's hand.
Old 10-31-2010, 04:24 PM
UNCBimmer7

I have a questions though, replacing the oil pump, does that mean you get a Oil change? It did show on my receipt 8 motor oil SAE 5W-30 were used. Thanks
Old 11-01-2010, 07:18 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 750 Li
Quote:
I have a questions though, replacing the oil pump, does that mean you get a Oil change? It did show on my receipt 8 motor oil SAE 5W-30 were used. Thanks
Yes, they need to drain the oil in order to replace the pump. At least they did in my case.

2010 750 Li |Citrin Black|Amaro Brown Leather|IndividualComposition|Piano Black Wood Trim|

2012 MB Designo S 550
Old 11-01-2010, 10:06 AM
UNCBimmer7

Looks like they changed oil but not the filter though, since on my report. it doesn't show that part.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:23 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 Active Hybrid 7
Quote:
My invoice does NOT show an oil change or oil used. It has been less than 1000 miles since my oil pump was replaced...and I checked my oil level yesterday, and it is nearing the MIN marking (usually when my add Oil message appears). So in my case....it looks like the same oil is in my car. How can each repair be so different???
Old 11-01-2010, 12:02 PM
UNCBimmer7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deutsch100 View Post
My invoice does NOT show an oil change or oil used. It has been less than 1000 miles since my oil pump was replaced...and I checked my oil level yesterday, and it is nearing the MIN marking (usually when my add Oil message appears). So in my case....it looks like the same oil is in my car. How can each repair be so different???
That is weird. I think they do need to drain the oil to replace the oil pump. and mine as my previous post. It shows 8 motor oil SAE 5W-30 were used.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:09 PM

Mein Auto: 750Li
Looks like my 750Li has developed the dreaded oil pump whine .. I agree, it seems to happen at low RPMs when the engine is warm. I have about 11K miles on the car and the car is stating that I have about 5K miles go to before it needs service. Should I just wait another 5K miles and do this when I need to get the oil changed or do it now? Any risk of damage? I drive with the audio on pretty loud and really only notice this when I'm pulling into my garage or a parking spot (with the radio off). The last time I had my car in for service they gave me a CAMRY!!! I had to drive with my head down the entire time!!
Old 02-09-2011, 08:37 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 B7 LWB Xdrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_in_CA View Post
Looks like my 750Li has developed the dreaded oil pump whine .. I agree, it seems to happen at low RPMs when the engine is warm. I have about 11K miles on the car and the car is stating that I have about 5K miles go to before it needs service. Should I just wait another 5K miles and do this when I need to get the oil changed or do it now? Any risk of damage? I drive with the audio on pretty loud and really only notice this when I'm pulling into my garage or a parking spot (with the radio off). The last time I had my car in for service they gave me a CAMRY!!! I had to drive with my head down the entire time!!

I would get it done now, it gets louder and more anoying the longer you wait. Not sure but doubt you can do damage. My car is still silent about 5k miles after replacement
Old 02-10-2011, 05:40 AM
UNCBimmer7

Quote:
Get it done now, which also means you get an extra oil change (replacing oil pump means to replace the oil too) why not? Schedule 2 weeks ahead, so they won't give you a Camery. I was given a 335 and 330 before, depending on the dealer, lots of people were getting X5 which is very nice.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:44 PM

Mein Auto: 750Li
Quote:
Get it done now, which also means you get an extra oil change (replacing oil pump means to replace the oil too) why not? Schedule 2 weeks ahead, so they won't give you a Camery. I was given a 335 and 330 before, depending on the dealer, lots of people were getting X5 which is very nice.
Not sure if this will give me an "extra" change or if they'll reset the service indicator. I guess I'll ask. I just hate dealing with niggling things like this on over a $100K car ... ugg I guess like all machines, they break. The only good thing is that this is know and there is a fix. The only challenge will be to "educate" the service department on the issue in case they haven't had any vehicles come in with this problem.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:02 AM
UNCBimmer7

Quote:
Not sure if this will give me an "extra" change or if they'll reset the service indicator. I guess I'll ask. I just hate dealing with niggling things like this on over a $100K car ... ugg I guess like all machines, they break. The only good thing is that this is know and there is a fix. The only challenge will be to "educate" the service department on the issue in case they haven't had any vehicles come in with this problem.
Yes, to let them admit your car has whining noise is another issue. some of the dealer will BS you that what your car "powerful" V8 sounds like. I did mine 4 month ago, again oil was changed, right now my dealer suggests me to get an oil change (deshboard computer indicated when I visited the dealer for a key battery replacement several dates ago)
Old 03-22-2013, 09:06 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 750LI
I just purchased a 2010 750LI and have noticed the issue described. My dealer states its a normal noise and it occurs in all 750LI's.....does anyone have the actual service bulletin number for the repair?

Anything I can give to the dealer to help get this annoying noise corrected would be appreciated.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:29 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 750Lix
Look at all the posts in this thread ... your dealer is either incompetent or ... worse. I suggest you walk him through this thread beginning with Page One.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:39 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 750LI
I actually sent them the this thread along with a few others....they called back and said there was not anything they could do since they cant find a service bulletin for the issue.

They did however say they would set up a time for me to show the issue to a BMW engineer, who would then decide how or if the issue will be fixed.

I guess I will find out in 2 weeks......I am just glad I stumbled on this thread.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:13 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 750Lix
Although I have not used it myself, this BMW website appears to offer access to the Service Information bulletin that you are looking for ... for $30. http://www.bmwtis.com/ .
Old 03-23-2013, 04:09 AM
Wardaddy in retirement

Mein Auto: f01 750i
Tell them to look for another job. The service bulletin does exist, if they can't find it they're incompetent to begin with.