Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

Old 06-14-2010, 05:32 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 Z4 35i
2011 Initial Impressions Survey - Unofficial

Since it seems that a number of folks have taken possession of new 2011 Z4's recently (or will be shortly)... I thought I would try to start an informal survey regarding initial impressions (quality, ride, service, ect.).

Personally, I waited for the 2011my to order my Z for several reasons... one being to allow BMW the chance to work out some early "kinks."

That being the case... I'm curious if they have.

For anyone wishing to take part... perhaps you could list out...

Model...
Build Date...
Mileage logged...
Issues - requiring/pending service (if any)...
Resolved?...
Issues - Not requiring service (if any)...
Over-all impressions...

(Note: As important as understanding issues; I'm really hoping to hear if there have been NO problems - just pure enjoyment )

2011 Z4 sDrive35i - Space Grey/Walnut Extended/Ash Grain trim; DCT, Premium Package, Sport Package, Cold Weather, Premium Sound, NAV

2004 330ci Convertible - Oxford Green/Sand/Myrtle Wood
Ads by Google
Old 06-14-2010, 11:47 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 Z4 sDrive 35i
Other than the fuel pump, which some had a problem with, I do not believe there were any major kinks to work out. Plus, by releasing the 2010 and 2011 so soon after the 2009, BMW probably did not have time to address any of the small kinks, if any existed at all.

Last edited by BlueZ4AZ; 06-14-2010 at 08:49 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:38 PM
Alter Peter

Mein Auto: 2012 ///M3 LMB/Black
Model... Sdrive Z4 3.5i
Build date... May 2009
Mileage logged... Now 8,100
Where are you driving it... Eastern Canada
Issues - requiring/pending service... none at all
Issues - not requiring service... none so far
Over-all impressions... I fell in love with this car in May 2009 when I visited the entire BMW complex (factory, museum and Die Weld ,,, European Delivery Centre build in 2007 ... each BMW driver should visit when anywhere near in Europe, you will not regret it).
What have you changed and why... We have a saying in German "What a BMW Engineer designed one should not change" I have no intention to change anything.

I drove a 2008 Z4 3.0is for 10 months I traded it in since I wanted the retractable hardtop and a higher quality interior. Prior to the 2008 Z4 I drove a 2002 M3 for 4 years I sold it (still in showroom condition), in Feb. 2010 had to make room for my wife's car in the garage and take down the sign BMW's only my next car will be most likely again a Z only I will pick it up in Munich at Die Welt.

Driving mt 2012 /// M3 LMB & Black Leather Interior Fully Loaded
I drove a Z4 35i across the USA in 2010 & loved it.
Somehow I just had to get back into the /// M3 and so I did.