Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest Regional > Regional Forums > California

California

Old 01-28-2016, 01:39 PM
Missing German roads

Mein Auto: X1 xDrive35i,Z3 Coupe 3.0
Flying into San Jose to buy a private sale car, need good indie to check before drive

I'm flying in to San Jose to buy a z3 coupe in Hollister. I've called Monterey and even Bakersfield BMW to get an appointment for an oil change (recommended by non-enthusiast owner so it's probably really needed) and to have the car looked over for anything major I don't see that may cause problems during the trip, including expected snow. Both Dealerships don't have any service openings and can't squeeze me in, I don't see any other dealers around that area. (BMW San Jose just appears to be BMW motorcycle service only)

Anyone know of a good indie shop between San Jose and Bakersfield that I can trust to make sure the car is in good shape, it's going to be over a 1000 miles, including snow, on the drive home. Bonus points if it's near Hollister where I'm buying the car.

Last edited by edx1; 01-28-2016 at 01:41 PM.
Advertisement
Old 01-28-2016, 01:44 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 328i X; 2005 X3
http://www.bimmershops.com/search?q=San+Jose+CA
Old 01-28-2016, 02:00 PM
Missing German roads

Mein Auto: X1 xDrive35i,Z3 Coupe 3.0
I tried that, I'm heading to vegas after the buy, the shops listed there are all 45+ minutes in the wrong direction. The site didn't find anything near Hollister or southeast, but I figure there have to be some?
Old 01-28-2016, 02:01 PM

Mein Auto: '13 X5 xDrive 35i Premium
Give BTM in Campbell a call. http://www.btmmotorwerks.com/
They were recommended to me by someone I trust. I use the dealer at this point as car is on maintenance. They are expensive, probably close to dealership prices but maybe they can get you in and out where dealers around here need 2-3 weeks lead time...

Old 01-28-2016, 07:40 PM

Mein Auto: 1967 Barracuda convert
BMW dealer in SJ is Stevens Creek BMW. I went there when I was looking for mine. First impression of the service department was suspect...

Several shops here in Fresno, but that's not the most direct way to Las Vegas, but it's not that far out of the way.
Old 01-28-2016, 10:37 PM
Hefeweizen Meister

Mein Auto: 328i e92
Pricey but best in class:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/german-motor...st-sunnyvale-3

My favorite:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/campbell-eur...otors-campbell

Then, Stevens Creek is not bad! Had a sulev fix done there today.
Old 03-02-2016, 01:58 AM
Automotive Hack

Mein Auto: 540iA e39
I would say.. Do it if you're up for an adventure. Flying 1000 miles for a car that "may really need an oil change, or a new engine" from an uninvolved owner are huge red flags that would probably send me RUNNING FOR THE GD hills. Z3s are super easy to find and some drop into the 2-3k mark. I would find a closer car and one with more promising outlook.

98 540iA
Sport steering wheel, m5 bumpers, halos, partial smoked tails, trunk and roof spoiler, super cool tape player with ingenious dsp.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest Regional > Regional Forums > California
Today's Posts Search