Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 06-19-2010, 06:09 AM

Mein Auto: X5 35d
Sport Aactivity Package

I am getting black leather in my X5 and was thinking about the adding the sport activity package on my X5d.

Will the black Anthracite headliner look to dark on the black leather? Does any one have pictures with an all black interior?

What is ther difference between the sport and regular steering wheel? Pictures of links?

Thanks!
Advertisement
Old 06-19-2010, 06:40 AM
Master Chief

Mein Auto: 09 BMW M3 e90
I dont have any pictures online of my wife's X4 aside from my sig below... but I love the anthracite headliner with the black leather. I have it in both cars below. Cant help with the regular steering wheel... never saw one before.

Old 06-19-2010, 09:12 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 X5 35D
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTank View Post
I am getting black leather in my X5 and was thinking about the adding the sport activity package on my X5d.

Will the black Anthracite headliner look to dark on the black leather? Does any one have pictures with an all black interior?

What is ther difference between the sport and regular steering wheel? Pictures of links?

Thanks!
I just ordered a new one. Went with black leather, and that comes with the standard light grey headliner. I considered the SAP, but wanted the black leather, and after wife and I discussed it, we decided it might look like a cave inside. I bounced it off my CA as well , and he agreed. A footnote though, my 2010 X5 35D that was totaled, had the black leather, and light grey headliner, and I really loved the contrast. Wife had a similar setup in an older 530 we once had, and liked it as well.

It all boils down to a matter of taste. The other component, I wasn't a huge fan of the wheels that come with the 19" SAP. Not really crazy about the 209 styles that come with the 18" either, but I think they are good enough for me.

Good luck with your decision ........

2011 X5 35D, Premium, Cold Weather, Nav, Tech, Premium Sound, Sat, Rear Climate Package, Roof Rails, Space Saver Spare, Multi-contour Seats, Space Grey/Black

Totaled: 2010 X5 35D, Premium, Cold Weather, Nav, Tech Package, Premium Sound,Sat, Rear Climate Package, Roof Rails, Space Saver Spare, Space Grey/Black

Retired: 2007 530i Premium, Cold Weather, Step, Black Sapphire/black dakota
Old 06-19-2010, 11:40 AM

Mein Auto: X5 35d
Thanks for the thoughts, I was worried about it looking like a cave too. And while I am not crazy about the 209 wheels, I think they are better then the SAP 19s. If anyone has a picture I would still love to see it.
Old 06-19-2010, 03:23 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 X5 3.0
While I do not have black seats, I do have the black dash and headliner. I think the black headliner is my favorite of the "sporty" stuff included in the Sport package. It makes the interior much more striking and, well, sporty. I have the Dark Burl wood and it really pops against the black interior. The overall look is in keeping with the "bond-like" look and feel of the glove box opening. With the giant moonroof, you never feel closed-in.

The regular sport wheel feels good in the hands. It's smaller and thicker than the standard wheel. The sport wheel styling looks dated with its metal band (kind of like an 80's Alpine stereo), but is better looking than the standard wheel. The M Sport wheel looks best, but can't be ordered heated (unless that has changed). Heat is great if you live where it is cold.

2008 X5 3.0 - Monaco Blue/Saddle Brown - Sport (back when it meant something).

2004 330XI Orient Blue /Sand