Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 06-20-2010, 07:24 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW X5 35d
Day of delivery and thoughts after a couple hundred miles....

Friday AM at the dealer was my appointment to finally get my X5. Had all my notes with me acquired through reading from this board for a couple of months (much, much appreciated from all by the way) with the hope that I would not miss anything and be a smooth delivery. All and all is wasn't too stressful but did have some minor glitches. My first objective was to inspect interior and exterior and then test drive, then reinspect interior and exterior because I'm anal. Things moved real slow after that as my New CA was having a busy morning and not fully prepared. I was trading in a car and was told after they apprised again that morning (first appraised in middle of March) that my car had loss value and needed to be altered . Fortunately for me (being anal) I was prepared for this as I made sure two weeks ago to double check my numbers with my CA and was assured that I would not have a problem. Their was some tense moments and a lot of back and forth to the managers office leaving us sitting alone too long for my taste. I also knew they could resell the X by Saturday afternoon if I put up too much of a fight so leverage was really not on my side and that was annoying. Without getting too loud I was able to make my case and they relented and did not change the value and gave me the floor mats and cargo mat for my trouble. Then off to the F & I lady but that was quick, just signing a lot of papers (not financing) and the only pitch was for the Tire and Wheel warranty for $1295.00 for five years which I declined with some reservation. My new CA was fairly young and did a decent job and the manager shook my hand at the end and apologized about the trouble so all was fine with me. The moment we got in the car to pull of the lot knowing that everything was finish and all the waiting was over was really, really nice. On the fifty mile drive home we went through the worst storm (forty MPH winds on interstate where speeds dropped to thirty MPH) that I been through in a long time. The X performed with grace and surprised even me. Finally got home, walked around it a couple of times and sat inside of it for some time and went inside the house and started reading the manuals. All I can tell the few that are still waiting that this machine is no doubt worth the money paid so hang in there. As a side note I must say again that the engine you choose for your X is a personal choice for your particular driving habits and all this "my daddy is bigger than your daddy is kind of well ..........whatever, hope you happy with your choice because so far I am. Again, thanks for all the help.
Advertisement
Old 06-20-2010, 09:10 AM

Mein Auto: X5M
Congratulations! Enjoy your new ride.

2011 X35D, Alpine white, Tobacco brown, all options except 3rd row

2008 ///M5 Alpine White

2008 335 Convertible, Monaco Blue (gone 2011)

2007 Z-4 Roadster - Alpine White, Black top (gone 2011)

2006 530 Black black (gone in 2009)
Old 06-20-2010, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemersn View Post
Congratulations! Enjoy your new ride.
Thank you, I am really enjoying and also have AW exterior loaded minus 3rd row and adaptive drive. HUD is very cool but keep looking down at speedometer out of habit. Guess that will adjust in time. July is just around the corner so the wait is not that long. The running boards look great and keeps the crud off the sides butttttt unfortunately will be problematic for most people getting in and out.
Old 06-20-2010, 12:10 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 550i
Congradulations, very nice post, our X5 5.0 is at preperation center, (whatever that is) so I expect we will go through a similar experience soon enough
Old 06-20-2010, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jochet View Post
Congradulations, very nice post, our X5 5.0 is at preperation center, (whatever that is) so I expect we will go through a similar experience soon enough
Preparation center on mine = twelve days to Baton Rouge, La. (600 mi.) with their new trucking company so hang on and don get upset.