Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series

M Series
The ///M Series Forums. If you would like to see all new posts in all the forums, click here.

Old 11-21-2003, 01:28 PM
Lost

Mein Auto: 2003 M5
Unhappy Need advice. New rear window does not fit right.

Hey guys,

I got a new rear window from pacific bmw online, because they have the best price. I just got a call from the shop saying they tried to put the window in 5 times and its got a small buckle in it toward the bottom of the window. The guy said that sometimes over a few years the top shrinks and putting in a new window causes this.

What should I do? Request a second window? I did not spend $250 for the window and $100 installation fee for a bad fitting look.

Depressed.
Advertisement
Old 11-22-2003, 09:19 AM
Lost

Mein Auto: 2003 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD330ci
Hey guys,

I got a new rear window from pacific bmw online, because they have the best price. I just got a call from the shop saying they tried to put the window in 5 times and its got a small buckle in it toward the bottom of the window. The guy said that sometimes over a few years the top shrinks and putting in a new window causes this.

What should I do? Request a second window? I did not spend $250 for the window and $100 installation fee for a bad fitting look.

Depressed.
Ok it's cool nevermind. It turned out not to be that bad and the shop guy says it should tighten up with time in the sun.

Next topic.