Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 06-22-2010, 01:04 PM

Mein Auto: 750 LI
Sport Pkg Wheels Cleaning

Well, I took some advice from some members and purchased the wheel cleaner P21S. I was really hoping that it would make clean up as easy as they describe in their literature. All I can say is that anyone who elect to buy these wheels is in for a treat when it comes to cleaning them. Beautiful rims..just a pain to keep looking good. I am going to look into going with a different rim. It is taking me approximately 40 mins to clean all 4 twice a week ( I may be a little anal !)

11 550i Jet Black / Black Dakota Leather, Cold weather Pkg, Premium Pkg 2, Sport Pkg, Convenience Pkg, Smartphone, Anthracite Headliner

07 750LI

Former BMW's (Wished I would have kept them all!)

04 645Ci Retired
01 540i Retired
99 328i Retired

Ads by Google
Old 06-22-2010, 02:25 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E92 335i
I noticed in the first few hundred miles the brake dust was insane. Granted I have the 535i Sport rims, but they're not any easier to clean. Since I detail cars as a hobby. I have had good luck with the following items:

The Daytona speed brush is the key:

Also you will find lug nuts challenging use:
Lugnut Brush

Lastly: I pull the rim off the hub, but this maybe too much work for you. I clean it with a dedicated paint cleaner, then finish it off with Wheel wax to help keep brake dust from sticking to it:

Lastly keep in mind it's not the chemical that cleans the wheel, it's the water, tool & action. The chemical helps a lot but just spraying a rim with chemical and water, isn't going to do the job for you.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:41 AM

Mein Auto: 750 LI
Thanks for the info. I am going to order the speed brush. Definately looks better than the one i purchased. BTW: You are right that pulling the riims off my car every week is way to much work!..LOL

11 550i Jet Black / Black Dakota Leather, Cold weather Pkg, Premium Pkg 2, Sport Pkg, Convenience Pkg, Smartphone, Anthracite Headliner

07 750LI

Former BMW's (Wished I would have kept them all!)

04 645Ci Retired
01 540i Retired
99 328i Retired

Old 06-23-2010, 07:49 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E92 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowake01 View Post
Thanks for the info. I am going to order the speed brush. Definately looks better than the one i purchased. BTW: You are right that pulling the riims off my car every week is way to much work!..LOL
The Daytona speed brush is an amazing product. You can bend it and it gets into the back of the rims. I don't take the wheels off every week. I just do it once every few months, to clean the inner parts of the rim, where most people don't look, but where brake dust accumulates to the point where it's like cake and can corroded the paint if not dealt with. The paint cleaner and wheel wax prevents such corrosion. BTW. I love the rims on the 550i. I was considering that car, but I think it was too much engine for my uses.