Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E34 (1989 - 1995)

E34 (1989 - 1995)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-23-2010, 03:55 PM
310garyr 310garyr is offline
Registered User
Location: Santa Monica
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3
Mein Auto: 540I E34
1995 540I manual transmission for sale

First of all thankyou for a great forum.
Next my question
Can anyone give me an idea of the reserve i should put on this I am about to put her up on Ebay It runs great i dont know much about this vehicle as it came from a Police impound Auction in Santa Monica California there are some service records with her mostly standard stuff i am having the rear shocks changed today it passed the california emmissions test 1st time the gearbox seems fine Air blows cold Tires and brakes are good i dont know about an Engine change Lastly the vin is WBAHE5324SGA64387 im not sure if its the sports or regular 540I
Thanks any information is appreciated and if anyone is interested you can message me i have way more pictures as well it will be a good deal for an enthusiast I just dont want to drive Stick in Los Angeles
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3659.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	235704   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3658.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	235705   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3663.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	235707   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3668.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	235708  
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 06-23-2010, 06:47 PM
goosefoot33's Avatar
goosefoot33 goosefoot33 is offline
Manualaholic
Location: Hudson, MA
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,760
Mein Auto: 01 330Ci/94 530i
On the Nikasil/Alusil issue- I believe you can contact a dealer and ask if an engine swap had ever been done.

My advice since you know so little about it- drive it for a few days/few hundred miles and note any problems/issues that you notice. Then bring it to a reputable mechanic, mention any problems that you noticed and have him do a whole car inspection. The ~$150 spent will be more than worth it.
__________________
BMWCCA Member# 451235
(Summer) 2001 330Ci - ZSP
(Winter) 1994 530i "Greenie" - PARTING OUT! (PM for details)

(Grocery Getter) 2002 525iT
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-23-2010, 08:03 PM
Monsignor's Avatar
Monsignor Monsignor is offline
BMW CCA Memeber #445389
Location: Pineapple Under the Sea
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,199
Mein Auto: M50 Big Body
I want that really badly.
__________________


1995 525iA 250k mi
2006 325i/6 57k mi
2003 350Z 88k mi

Instagram: @Titan_E34
Snapchat: Titan_E34
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-23-2010, 08:12 PM
Monsignor's Avatar
Monsignor Monsignor is offline
BMW CCA Memeber #445389
Location: Pineapple Under the Sea
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,199
Mein Auto: M50 Big Body
your VIN number says that you indeed have a numbers matching 1995 540i assembled in germany. Cant help with the sport although the wheels dont look like the sport set, but i cant be entirely sure. Let me know how much you decide on selling it for, i would seriously like it....
__________________


1995 525iA 250k mi
2006 325i/6 57k mi
2003 350Z 88k mi

Instagram: @Titan_E34
Snapchat: Titan_E34
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-23-2010, 09:45 PM
310garyr 310garyr is offline
Registered User
Location: Santa Monica
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3
Mein Auto: 540I E34
Thanks I would like to get $3700 for it the speedometer reads 160 mph thats what made me wonder if it was a sport however I believe there not to have been to many 540I stick shifts built for the US market. I will definatly ck with the dealer on the engine change. Any body wanting more info garyrifat1@verizon.net i can forward more pictures and details. does that seem to be in the price range for this car i have no idea what is fair.
Does someone out there have a 540 6spd sport out there and if so what are the differances any info would be appreciated thanks for the advice so far Gary
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-23-2010, 10:01 PM
310garyr 310garyr is offline
Registered User
Location: Santa Monica
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3
Mein Auto: 540I E34
I also got a car fax and it has had 4 owners here in Los Angeles the car has never been owned outside California im trying to dig up as much info as i can to help the new owner have some history and make the sale easier. In response to the first answer to my post i drove it around today got it on the freeway found some issues such as door locks have to open manually something not working there the shocks or struts squeaking at the back i believe from reading they may be rear struts now i drooped it of to a mechanic and asked him to change the shocks I will ck in with him tomorrow to see if they are shocks or struts.
I had a lot of fun driving it it feels tighter than my friends 540 auto you can tell there is something differant with the suspension the power is nice i may have to ignore goosefoots response of driving it for a few days as I may end up keeping it because i like it to much.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-28-2010, 04:20 PM
Alberni Redneck Alberni Redneck is offline
540i pilot
Location: Vancouver Island, Canada
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 96
Mein Auto: '95 540i & '94 530i
I've got a realy dumb question for the forum,
I noticed this beautiful car doesn't have an ASC+T switch on the left of the lower console?
like my '95 540i A/T has. is there such a thing on a standard?

Glen.
__________________

Don't Sweat the Petty Things, Pet the Sweaty Things!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-28-2010, 05:34 PM
Monsignor's Avatar
Monsignor Monsignor is offline
BMW CCA Memeber #445389
Location: Pineapple Under the Sea
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,199
Mein Auto: M50 Big Body
huh, not a dumb question at all, i didnt even notice that... i'd like to know as well...
__________________


1995 525iA 250k mi
2006 325i/6 57k mi
2003 350Z 88k mi

Instagram: @Titan_E34
Snapchat: Titan_E34
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-03-2010, 07:43 AM
BmwMan92's Avatar
BmwMan92 BmwMan92 is offline
I <3 my E34
Location: Seattle, Wa // Everett
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,603
Send a message via Skype™ to BmwMan92
Mein Auto: 1985 318i// 1988 325e
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 E34 View Post
your VIN number says that you indeed have a numbers matching 1995 540i assembled in germany. Cant help with the sport although the wheels dont look like the sport set, but i cant be entirely sure. Let me know how much you decide on selling it for, i would seriously like it....
those wheels are off the e39 528i thats why they dont look right second of all the cars body kit doesnt look stock idk?
__________________
Brandon
http://www.facebook.com/brandon.m.fore


Quote:
Originally Posted by v8bimmer View Post
I just dont see any other logical way around this problem.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-19-2010, 12:41 AM
jbmw540 jbmw540 is offline
Registered User
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1
Mein Auto: BMW 540iA - White/Black
1995 540I manual transmission for sale

Hi,

Have you sold the car yet?
How is the interior?

You can email me direct at jden22@cox.net

Thanks.
Jay.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-19-2010, 09:12 AM
galvao galvao is offline
Registered User
Location: Cambridge, Ontario
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 19
Mein Auto: 1995 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberni Redneck View Post
I've got a realy dumb question for the forum,
I noticed this beautiful car doesn't have an ASC+T switch on the left of the lower console?
like my '95 540i A/T has. is there such a thing on a standard?

Glen.
My '95 530i has it and it is a 5 speed.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-26-2011, 07:56 PM
smokee_won smokee_won is offline
Registered User
Location: Country Club Hills
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1
Mein Auto: 530I
ASC+T is optional. 540I sports don't have regular shocks in the back, the are electronic ride height units, and the side mirrors on the sports are shaped like teardrops. Regular 540i's have our square ones.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-27-2011, 08:33 AM
vixixlxxxix's Avatar
vixixlxxxix vixixlxxxix is offline
New comer
Location: Carson,CA
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 333
Mein Auto: 1995 540i
Talk about reviving old threads.
__________________
BMW E34 540iA Alpine.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-10-2011, 11:38 PM
Johnny BMR Johnny BMR is offline
ohnny b
Location: Kamloops BC Canada
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 26
Mein Auto: 1995 540i V8 6SP
John B

Quote:
Originally Posted by 310garyr View Post
Thanks I would like to get $3700 for it the speedometer reads 160 mph thats what made me wonder if it was a sport however I believe there not to have been to many 540I stick shifts built for the US market. I will definatly ck with the dealer on the engine change. Any body wanting more info garyrifat1@verizon.net i can forward more pictures and details. does that seem to be in the price range for this car i have no idea what is fair.
Does someone out there have a 540 6spd sport out there and if so what are the differances any info would be appreciated thanks for the advice so far Gary
Sounds pretty reasonabllance of my 540i 6 speed and I paid 4200 in 2009 would like more pics tho might be interested thanks john b
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-10-2011, 11:41 PM
Johnny BMR Johnny BMR is offline
ohnny b
Location: Kamloops BC Canada
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 26
Mein Auto: 1995 540i V8 6SP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 310garyr View Post
First of all thankyou for a great forum.
Next my question
Can anyone give me an idea of the reserve i should put on this I am about to put her up on Ebay It runs great i dont know much about this vehicle as it came from a Police impound Auction in Santa Monica California there are some service records with her mostly standard stuff i am having the rear shocks changed today it passed the california emmissions test 1st time the gearbox seems fine Air blows cold Tires and brakes are good i dont know about an Engine change Lastly the vin is WBAHE5324SGA64387 im not sure if its the sports or regular 540I
Thanks any information is appreciated and if anyone is interested you can message me i have way more pictures as well it will be a good deal for an enthusiast I just dont want to drive Stick in Los Angeles
Sounds interesting let me know the price please?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-11-2011, 07:30 AM
gmnmsclM540i's Avatar
gmnmsclM540i gmnmsclM540i is offline
545i pilot
Location: a dusty hole
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 528
Mein Auto: e60 545i e34 540 e32 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny BMR View Post
Sounds interesting let me know the price please?
Dude, this was originaly posted over a year ago...that car is gone by now
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E34 (1989 - 1995)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms