BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2011 X5 Premium Sound equalizer settings?

31K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  eggman1313 
#1 ·
First of all, I realize that sound is a very personal experience. That being said, I am personally bad at differentiating subtle sounds. Are there any audiophile types out there who might have come up with some equalizer settings that those of us with Premium Sound can use as a default? I did some searching of forums but only found settings for the older prem. sound equalizer that had settings like "concert" etc. The 2011 does not have these settings, so I was hoping to get some info from someone who actually used the more current system. Thanks in advance!:)

#2 ·
In the E92 I had, I changed the settings from higher on the ends Left side:bass, Right Side:Treble to lower in the middle:midrange (without actually lowering any sliders under default). The EQ would look like a slight grin. This all depends on the music you listen to. I would't go to crazy with the settings if I were you.

#4 ·
I think the equalizer settings make or break the premium sound option. The defualt settings maybe why you've heard people complain about this option not being worth it. Dialed in correclty makes all the difference imo. Right for one is not right for all, so you may need to tweak a bit. I've had the premium sound for 6 years and tweaked several times to these settings. This is from my current 550i, i know the 2011 X5 premium sound is pictured longitudinally but, the settings still translate. Also, since the cabin is different 550i vs X5 this may effect the settings I have here. When i pick up my new X5 i will load these settings and adjust from here to try to get best sound.

Attachments

#5 ·
That's Real nice of you to take the time to take pics and post, thanks for the effort. :thumbup:

#10 ·
I'll try them tomorrow and see how it sounds.. thanks for the snap

#13 ·
Thank you all for your input, especially Gregory for the thumbnails. I just PU my new X5 Jet Black on black. Traded my 2008 that had 100,000. Did not want to take a chance with no warranty. This is my 3rd Beemer and my wife is on her 5th. Since I am not an audiophile I was wondering if someone (Gregory) could tell me what each of the settings on the equalizer are for. If I want more or less Bass what am I changing?

Couple of things I've already noticed. When using the phone book after a call it goes back to the phone book and not the listing you were on. So if one number does not answer you have to go back through the phone book again. No stopwatch. When pairing more than one phone, you have to manually go in and find your phone. Unlike before, it does not give you a preferential sequence of phones.

Looking forward to more discussions with all of you.

#17 ·
I just picked up my new X5 diesel with premium sound. My old e53 had the base stereo, but I upgraded the old speakers with a BSW stage 1. The old setup had fantastic clarity, but lacked power and base. The new car has great power and bass, but the stock speakers are very muddy. I played around with the EQ, and you really can dial much of the mud out of the system by filtering out the mid to low bands. If you care about sound, and spent $1500 on the premium option, you have to take the time to play with these settings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.