Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 07-05-2010, 09:26 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 750Li
2011 X5 Brochure PDF

Does anyone know where I can download the PDF of the X5 Brochure? BMW used to have PDFs for all their cars on their website, but I can no longer find them. Hopefully, they aren't forcing people to drive to the dealer to get them? This wastes gas AND kills trees!!

Last edited by Tim_in_CA; 07-05-2010 at 09:29 PM.
Advertisement
Old 07-05-2010, 09:38 PM

Mein Auto: Zipcars
The only one I've found is the European one, was just looking at it. Some of the options don't apply of course.

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicle..._catalogue.pdf
Old 07-05-2010, 09:42 PM

Thanks man ... Maybe I'll have to take Euro delivery!!!
Old 07-05-2010, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_in_CA View Post
Thanks man ... Maybe I'll have to take Euro delivery!!!
You do know they're made here in the states? I didn't realize this at first...

I still think it's strange that the Euro-spec models get the new LED-angel-eye headlights, and they stick us with the old crappy ones. Too bad you can't pay extra to get a Euro one!
Old 07-05-2010, 10:30 PM

Yea ... was just kidding ... it is odd that the EU vs US versions are different.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:43 PM

Mein Auto: 09 335i M Sport / BMWInd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newmanium View Post
You do know they're made here in the states? I didn't realize this at first...

I still think it's strange that the Euro-spec models get the new LED-angel-eye headlights, and they stick us with the old crappy ones. Too bad you can't pay extra to get a Euro one!
I find strange that BMW NA sells 2011 X5 in US and Canada for a few months already and they were unable to offer potential customers printed and/or .pdf brochure allowing them to see exactly what is standard and what is optional equipment. They seem to like the flexibility to let these options to develop as they are pleased (like the 35i cargo roller shade situation).
Dealer handed me b/w photocopy of the pricelist and current options, however I find it unacceptable that BMW failed to produce proper US/Canada (e-)brochure for their $60K+ ultimate driving machine.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeboy View Post
I find strange that BMW NA sells 2011 X5 in US and Canada for a few months already and they were unable to offer potential customers printed and/or .pdf brochure allowing them to see exactly what is standard and what is optional equipment. They seem to like the flexibility to let these options to develop as they are pleased (like the 35i cargo roller shade situation).
Dealer handed me b/w photocopy of the pricelist and current options, however I find it unacceptable that BMW failed to produce proper US/Canada (e-)brochure for their $60K+ ultimate driving machine.
Couldn't agree with you more Treeboy ... I'm just in the early stage of checking out the X5 and I'm the "do a lot of research" kind of a guy before I step foot in a dealer ship. When I got my 750, I knew more than most at the dealership! I know that it's not too hard these days!

Does anyone know if the printed brochure is available at the dealerships in the USA? Option packages can be daunting and its good to know whats included / avail in each. Thanks!!!
Old 07-11-2010, 01:00 PM

Mein Auto: F30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeboy View Post
I'm with you...in fact, I was so upset by this, that I wrote the guy in the PR department who was listed on the press release announcing the '11 X5. Here's the email exchange:

Quote:
Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2010 16:36
To: yyyy
Cc: Customer.Relations@bmwna.com
Subject: RE: 2011 BMW X5: where're the details?

Hello Mr. ZZZ,

Thank you for your email earlier today. My area is typically responsible for publishing the first communications on new product to the media and I was rather surprised when I read your email. After some checking, I can confirm that the brochures are not yet available for the 2011 X5 and, as recently as a few hours ago, the website didn’t have any information. However, I am happy to report that www.bmwusa.com has now been uploaded with large amount of information on the new X5 models…including information on the Top View camera system that you mentioned in your email.

I am told that the brochures are in print at the moment and I have taken the liberty of copying our Customer Relations group on this email so that they can forward you a brochure as soon as they are available.

Best regards,

xxxx

Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2010 3:23 PM
To: xxx
Subject: 2011 BMW X5: where're the details?

Hello, Mr. xxx.

You have the distinction (curse, honor?) of being listed as one of the contacts on the February 6, 2010 press release announcing the changes to the 2011 BMW X5. That’s where I found your email address.

I currently own an E90 330i and am very seriously considering a 2011 X5 for my wife.

But neither your website nor your dealers have a brochure about this product. There were enough changes (you claimed 4000 new parts in the release) to make me want very much to see the formal documents about this car before ordering one. Also, I was hoping to get a look at the Owner’s Manual for the 2011 X5 on your website, but the only 2011 manuals available are for the 7 Series.

It feels like the launch of this SAV is incomplete without this supporting collateral. Do you know when or how I might get access to these materials? For example, I am considering the side-view camera option, which is listed for “late availability.” I would be happy to give the dealer an order for it, if only I knew what it was.

If you can email me a brochure or point me to an official site where I could obtain one, I would appreciate it.

It seems unusual to me that BMW NA would launch a car – and actually have units arriving at dealerships – without making available the information many enthusiasts look for when ordering a BMW.

Thanks so much.

Best,
ZZZ
Old 07-11-2010, 05:17 PM

Yeah, like I can't track down many details on the premium sound system - all it says is that it's "600w" and 16 speakers. But what power are the subs, what size, etc.?
Old 07-11-2010, 07:31 PM
Yeaaah Baby!!!!

Mein Auto: PG X5 35i Sport
They were or are still changing options on the fly. Im sure that's why they haven't put anything in stone.

Cargo cover shade, Ski bag in the cold weather package, Side view cameras. Their web site still mentions paddle shifters on all the X5 35i's.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:36 AM

Mein Auto: F30
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrobb2 View Post
They were or are still changing options on the fly. Im sure that's why they haven't put anything in stone.

Cargo cover shade, Ski bag in the cold weather package, Side view cameras. Their web site still mentions paddle shifters on all the X5 35i's.
Exactly. I want to know -- for certain -- if my 35i would or would not have paddle shifters.

What's happening with the other two things you mention: the shade and the ski bag?
Old 07-12-2010, 09:36 AM

Mein Auto: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newmanium View Post
Yeah, like I can't track down many details on the premium sound system - all it says is that it's "600w" and 16 speakers. But what power are the subs, what size, etc.?
Hi,

I'd also like to know the location & size of the speakers, number of subwoofers and location of subwoofers please if anyone finds out. Also, if 600W is correct for the amp in the premium sound system, then that seems to have decreased from the 2010 version which had 825W

Thanks.

Last edited by TheRF; 07-12-2010 at 09:44 AM.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:09 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 330i
Did someone checked this, we have the PDF manaul on bmwusa website right now.

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...iaGallery.aspx

Thanks