Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 07-07-2010, 08:56 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 330i
2011 X5 Delivery

I have ordered a 2011 X5 last month on June 16th.
The vehicle production was done on July 1st in South Carolina.
On 2nd July the customer service (1-800 831 1117) representative said that the car was handed over to the carrier and was waiting to be transported to port of exit (I donít think port of exit is applicable as it needs to be shipped to New Jersey). They also told me that they canít track the car there after and it is up to the dealer to track it and inform me about the delivery.
On the same day (July 2nd), I went to my dealer and asked the CA to check the status.
He gave me a print out which says that the vehicle is Shipped on 2nd of July and is expected be at the dealer on 3rd.
Today it is already 7th and my CA says it is still not delivered.

Please someone let me know the following info with your experience.
How does it get shipped from South Carolina to New Jersey?
Any idea how long will it take to reach New Jersey?
Is there a way to track the Truck or the Train that is carrying these cars?

Thanks for any information
Ads by Google
Old 07-07-2010, 09:11 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X5
Interesting. I ordered mine on June 15th and I was able to change the color yesterday as it has not been produced yet.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:26 AM

Mein Auto: Zipcars
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie njneer View Post
Interesting. I ordered mine on June 15th and I was able to change the color yesterday as it has not been produced yet.
Me too, I ordered on the 14th, and it's still in "Your car has been scheduled for production, with no confirmed production date yet."

I'm guessing the OP got a slot with his dealer that had already been slated for production, but could still be tweaked. Whereas I'm stuck with a generic "Priority 1" order that's at the back of the queue.

Last edited by Newmanium; 07-07-2010 at 09:27 AM.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:40 AM
?

Mein Auto: 2013 740i
Me too I ordered June 23 and my status is still "scheduled for production with no confirmed date yet".

As newmanium said I too thought that OP must've gotten a slot that's already scheduled for production but one that was still changeable.

2013 740i
2012 528i (ED March 2012)

Past:
2011 X5d
2008 550i
2006 530i (ED Oct 2005)
2003 530i (ED Oct 2002)
1999 328i

Old 07-07-2010, 09:53 AM

I'm 100 hundred percent sure that my dealer tweaked the existing order.
When he gave me the order number, all the options were totally different except the basic Variant X5 Premium, but after couple of days on June 21st it matched with my color and options I picked.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:59 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 X5 35i Premium
We ordered June 15th (dealer traded allocated spot for an X5 with our specs that was about to be produced -- I highly recommend this approach). It finished up and was released to carrier on June 30th. Got transported by that mysteriously slow carrier (others have called it the Black Hole carrier) and arrived to DC July 3rd. My guess is that yours should not be far behind in getting to NJ. Keep asking your CA for updates -- they really shoudl be able to track more reliably. I saw online that my car was "at my BMW Center" before CA even called us. Good luck!
Old 07-07-2010, 11:14 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 X5 35D
Quote:
Originally Posted by roots View Post
Me too I ordered June 23 and my status is still "scheduled for production with no confirmed date yet".

As newmanium said I too thought that OP must've gotten a slot that's already scheduled for production but one that was still changeable.
Well, I am in the same boat as the rest of you. Ordered the 7th of June.......scheduled for production, With no confirmed date. I called the 1-800 number and spoke to a representative, and the only thing they were able to tell me was on June 25th it went to code 111,(which is scheduled for production)......but did not have a build week. I have not spoke to anyone this week ......yet......probably because I don't want to hear the answer

Anyway.....hopefully soon.......

2011 X5 35D, Premium, Cold Weather, Nav, Tech, Premium Sound, Sat, Rear Climate Package, Roof Rails, Space Saver Spare, Multi-contour Seats, Space Grey/Black

Totaled: 2010 X5 35D, Premium, Cold Weather, Nav, Tech Package, Premium Sound,Sat, Rear Climate Package, Roof Rails, Space Saver Spare, Space Grey/Black

Retired: 2007 530i Premium, Cold Weather, Step, Black Sapphire/black dakota
Old 07-07-2010, 11:40 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 X3 M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolliran View Post
On 2nd July the customer service (1-800 831 1117) representative said that the car was handed over to the carrier and was waiting to be transported to port of exit (I donít think port of exit is applicable as it needs to be shipped to New Jersey). They also told me that they canít track the car there after and it is up to the dealer to track it and inform me about the delivery.
On the same day (July 2nd), I went to my dealer and asked the CA to check the status.
He gave me a print out which says that the vehicle is Shipped on 2nd of July and is expected be at the dealer on 3rd.

I'm in NJ and I can tell you that two years ago my car was shipped on a Monday and arrived at my dealer that Sat and I picked up that Monday. Dealer is only one who has access to shipping info once it leaves Spartenburgh.

Current Ride: 2014 X3 35 M Sport/AW/Chestnut/Fine Line Wave/Cold Weather/Driver Assistance with Top View/M Sport/Dynamic Handling/Premium/Technology/Concierge/Rear Manual Shades/Premium Sound/Auto High Beam
Retired: 2011 X5 Sport
Retired: 2008 X5 3.0si
Retired: 2006 330 Xi
Retired: 2003 325 'Vert
Retired: 2000 323 Ci
Old 07-07-2010, 12:41 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 X5 XDrive35i
Quote:

My X was completed 6/2 and but didn't actually arrive at the dealer in Baltimore until 6/14. I picked it up on the 15th. I think that timing is pretty similar to others on the East Coast.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:09 PM

Mein Auto: 12 991,11 X5 35d,05 CTT
Quote:

I ordered mine the same day and it is still in "scheduled for production with no confirmed production date" status.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckm1515 View Post
I'm in NJ and I can tell you that two years ago my car was shipped on a Monday and arrived at my dealer that Sat and I picked up that Monday. Dealer is only one who has access to shipping info once it leaves Spartenburgh.
I've seen a lot of reports on the forum that BMW has changed their shipping company recently, and that the new one is *awful* - pics posted of uncovered cars, and lots of reports of delays. Hopefully they get their act together soon.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:20 PM

Hi Syntax, Is your dealer from New Jersey?
Old 07-07-2010, 02:52 PM

Mein Auto: 12 991,11 X5 35d,05 CTT
Quote:
Hi Syntax, Is your dealer from New Jersey?
Yes, though I don't blame the dealer and am really not that bothered by the delay (yet).
Old 07-07-2010, 03:28 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
Quote:

Travels by truck

4-5 days max

Yes, dealer has "dealerspeed.net" website which will list the bill of lading number and the trucking company. Demand that.

BMWs trucking company they use out of Spartanburg is horrible- a total CF. Don't feel bad, it isn't you.

GL

A
Old 07-07-2010, 03:59 PM
?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ard View Post
Travels by truck

4-5 days max

Yes, dealer has "dealerspeed.net" website which will list the bill of lading number and the trucking company. Demand that.

BMWs trucking company they use out of Spartanburg is horrible- a total CF. Don't feel bad, it isn't you.

GL

A
OP, sorry for hijacking your thread.

Ard, do you know how they ship from SC to CA? I heard they put them on trains? Do they go directly to VPC in Oxnard?

And what about the trucking company out of Oxnard? Is it still Waggoners?

Thanks.

2013 740i

Past:
2011 X5d
2008 550i
2006 530i (ED Oct 2005)
2003 530i (ED Oct 2002)
1999 328i

Old 07-08-2010, 03:29 AM

Thanks Ard

Will follow up with my CA about dealerspeed.net

kolliran
Old 07-08-2010, 05:17 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 X5d
Quote:
My X5d was released to carrier on 6/14, and arrived at dealer on 7/2. It's a mystery how the car was shipped from SC to NJ; I suspect it was deliver using mules or donkeys may be involved. My CA couldn't track where the car was and why it took so long. The carriers should put GPS devices on the mules, so the buyers can track their cars via Google Map, and would be happy to know their vehicles are halfway on the Appalachian Trail.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:01 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by roots View Post
OP, sorry for hijacking your thread.

Ard, do you know how they ship from SC to CA? I heard they put them on trains? Do they go directly to VPC in Oxnard?

And what about the trucking company out of Oxnard? Is it still Waggoners?

Thanks.

Yes train, yes VPC in Oxnard.

Not sure who is trucking out of there, but my impression is that that location doesn't have the nightmares that SC has...

A
Old 07-08-2010, 06:05 PM

Today I went to my dealer to find out the status. And found some interesting information.
With the recent changes in transportation method, they started sending the vehicles on train not on truck.
And my CA says due this change, they are not able to track the transportation.

My X5 was shipped on July 2nd from SC VPC, and as per his experience he says that it might be in NJ anytime from tomorrow to Monday.

Thanks
Old 07-08-2010, 06:54 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Today I went to my dealer to find out the status. And found some interesting information.
With the recent changes in transportation method, they started sending the vehicles on train not on truck.

My X5 was shipped on July 2nd from SC VPC, and as per his experience he says that it might be in NJ anytime from tomorrow to Monday.

Thanks
So will they pull the train up to the dealership and unload???? Here's how trains work: they haul millions of pounds of stuff to one central point where they are then distributed. And even if the are shipping to each state (unlikely) there has to be a truck portion. So if they are shipping from SC to NJ there must be a locational from which the cars are then sent via truck to the dealer.

Trains don't go from state to state partially unloading a car here and there.

Did the dealer let you see the dealerspeed.net display?

I'd be interested to hear if they have a Northeast VPC-type location though.... the other option is that they are allowing the new transport company to use any method THEY want, say 'train plus truck' or whatever logistics the transport company selects, and as a result BMW has no visibility.

Last edited by ard; 07-08-2010 at 08:33 PM.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:58 PM

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:

Thanks
Dealer told my father the same thing today about his X5 order. His car was complete on 6/18 and he still doesn't have it yet.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:27 AM

Anybody else still waiting for their car to be scheduled for production? I ordered a month ago, still waiting, curious if they just are slow due to the shutdown and such.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:30 AM

Mein Auto: X5
Still waiting ordered 6/15. not produced yet.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:58 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 X5 D
Did you try calling the 800 number? I ordered my diesel about the same time. Website says still on order and not in production. I called yesterday and they told me mine was put into "daily production que" on July 2. Possibly your car is underway.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:14 AM
?

I ordered June 23 and as of last Friday it was in status 112 (which I believe is scheduled for production). However when I called the 1800 number using the automated response, it's still "scheduled for production with no confirmed date yet" which was the same as in status 111.

Since there are several of us who ordered in June, perhaps we should create a separate June order tracker thread?

2013 740i

Past:
2011 X5d
2008 550i
2006 530i (ED Oct 2005)
2003 530i (ED Oct 2002)
1999 328i