Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E28 (1982 - 1988)

E28 (1982 - 1988)

Old 07-16-2010, 03:56 AM

Mein Auto: 1986 BMW 524td
1986 524TD parts

Hey everyone, I am relatively new to this site but I am in some need of parts for my 524td. I have looked all over my state for a parts car including the junkyard and it seems there is not a single one to be found. I was curious if anyone had a parts car and if they would be willing to help me out with a few things I am in desperate need of (for a reasonable price of course). To start off a Radiator in nice shape would really do me some good. Im free to talk more openly on which parts i need if anyone out there does indeed want to help.

A little background: This was my first car i ever bought. I saved my hard earned money up for a long time and came across this car in immacculate condition from the original owner not too far away from me who was simply looking for a new ride, it was his "baby". He drove it to and from work almost everyday on the highway from baltimore to DC. At first I did not like what I had purchased. My father who has been working on these for almost his entire life picked it out for me and told me it was reliable and safe and an excellent deal and who was I to say otherwise. After a few years of helping him work on it and take care of it Ive learned a lot about the car and it really grew on me. Ive realized that this is truely a rare car in my area at least and when i let it shine people love it as well as myself of course. This is why I need your help here. Right now I am being pressured into buying another car simply because this car is becoming old and the repairs are not cheap to say the least (and as ive said finding a parts car in my area has been so far a failure). As a college kid (but someone who knows how to keep up the car) I have been dreading letting this car go. I would love it if anyone with some spare parts for this beauty could really let me know and help me out because I would hate to give it up.

If you read all of that I thank you for your time and consideration.

-Chris
Ads by Google
Old 07-16-2010, 06:24 AM

Mein Auto: 524TD+carbed 750il motors
Coinicidentally, I bought one in northern VA last night. It's a complete car, but I plan on swapping the drivetrain into my 1963 Thunderbird for next weekend's 24 Hours of LeMons race. I got on here looking for tips and info, and saw your post. If you need any body parts or interior parts, let me know. I just need the drivetrain. That too may be for sale after the race. I'll probably use the radiator for the race as well, but I may not need it after that. speedycop@comcast.net
Old 07-16-2010, 05:55 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 535i 1989
I am parting out 3 e28, I can not help with the diesel parts, but the rest I can.

Andy
Old 05-06-2011, 12:22 PM

Mein Auto: 524td, 335d(ordered)
I have a 524td that just died. I dont know if it is dead or not. Big cloud of white smoke and then nothing.