Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series

3 Series / 4 Series
The 3 Series / 4 Series Forum. If you would like to see all new posts in all the forums, click here.

Old 12-03-2003, 12:24 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to Teej Send a message via Yahoo to Teej
Mein Auto: 2006 MINI Cooper S
latest e90 pic!

Thanks to Hussein's scan over at Car Spy Shots forum. Going by the earlier reports posted by Alex, how accurate do you think this is? The center "groove" on the hood seems accurate. You can see the groove on earlier taped-up pics. This also has the Z4'ish cut line on the fender following the top line of the turn signal, as mentioned by someone else who had been to the e90 preview. What about the air dam, similar to Mazda 6 as reported by the other person?

I personally like it more than the other new Bimmers, except for the X5'ish groove on the hood.

Ads by Google
Old 12-03-2003, 12:26 PM

Send a message via AIM to Teej Send a message via Yahoo to Teej
Mein Auto: 2006 MINI Cooper S
Oh and can the people who went to the preview comment on this latest pic? Is it accurate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teej
Thanks to Hussein's scan over at Car Spy Shots forum. Going by the earlier reports posted by Alex, how accurate do you think this is? The center "groove" on the hood seems accurate. You can see the groove on earlier taped-up pics. This also has the Z4'ish cut line on the fender following the top line of the turn signal, as mentioned by someone else who had been to the e90 preview. What about the air dam, similar to Mazda 6 as reported by the other person?

I personally like it more than the other new Bimmers, except for the X5'ish groove on the hood.

Old 12-03-2003, 12:31 PM
~~~~~~~~~~

Send a message via AIM to LeucX3
Mein Auto: 06 VW Jetta GLI
I actually like this, so with that said, it probably wont' look anything like it.
Old 12-03-2003, 12:41 PM
Ex-Dictator

Mein Auto: Saab
Quote:
The hood is wrong. There is no center channel, and the cut into the side panels is way too deep.

The headlights are 100% wrong. They are not X3 headlights. They will have turn signals above and below the headlight, wrapping to a Z4 style corner (which is mostly correct in the picture).

Kidney grilles 100% wrong. The E90 has more in common with the new 6 (wider top on the kidney but not nearly as wide as the new 6).

The front bumper is sorta the same. The indentation is there on the E90 prototype (below the kidneys). There are no buck teeth a la E46 coupe.
The front bumper on the E90 prototype is sleeker by far.

Doors are 100% wrong. There is no U shaped rocker panel either.

It's a much better P-shop job than I can do, but my P-shop job is more accurate (esp the headlights).
Old 12-03-2003, 01:03 PM

Mein Auto: 323ci
It looks so real .. excellent pshop skills !!
Old 12-03-2003, 01:03 PM
lurking

Mein Auto: 323ci, manual
who thinks the front bumper lower lower grill lines that go to the fogs look like the long curled tip moustache that evil dudes from the 1900's had. ... the new bumper looks mean...in an evil doer sort of way.
Old 12-03-2003, 01:05 PM
Pure Natural BMW Muscle!

Mein Auto: 320CiC
Well, I hope that this is not the new 3 series, cause I really dont like it. X3 headlights, indicating a new trend followup, which I dont like, bonnet groove is kinda retro, but still out of place. Hate the wheels, look like 4x4 wheels. Hate the front spoiler, dont like the mirrors.

Where is the class on that thing?? Really cannot find any, besides the fact that it looks like a space ship
Old 12-03-2003, 05:56 PM
doh!!!

Mein Auto: 08 E90 M3 sold->M2 comp
doesnt look bad to me, pretty aggressive looking.

As with all bangle designs I am more worried about the ass.
Old 12-04-2003, 10:06 AM
Chewbaca is a pimp!

Send a message via MSN to Jim Seattle
Mein Auto: 2000 323Ci
The pic is broke. Please fix...