Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Old 02-26-2011, 08:44 PM
catso

Mein Auto: 2000 323i, 1988 528e
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuZikMaKer View Post
Hi Everyone,

I have a 2000 323i and ran across the FSU (BLOWER MOTOR RESISTOR) issue, Blower turning on and off by itself. Saw Starless's DIY which was amazing and easily felt I could do the job. I never buy from the stealership unless absolutely necessary and have always been very fortunate to find what I need on eBay or other online sources.

After doing an eBay search for the FSU, I came across this very unique aftermarket FSU. I have included links to the eBay ad, and the manufacturers website. This thing is short of amazing and you'll see why. (NO COOLER PRONGS & RUNS AT 90 DEGREES WHILE OEM PARTS RUNS AT 250 DEGREES, DID I SAY, NO COOLER PRONGS?)

And GET THIS only $27.45, yes $27.45 plus about $6 bucks in shipping. I have been using it for sometime now with no issues whatsoever and unless I am having a placebo affect, I can swear I'm getting more pump from the blower. (or maybe thats the cabin filter I just replaced? dont know?)

In any case, I was waiting for this thing to stop working or not work at all after installation but honestly, it's just an amazing part. Took me about 45 minutes to complete the installation and a few back ache pills but all is working perfectly. I heard of some people paying $135 at the stealership which is just insane. Hope this helps some of you!!! They also have a reseller program. This could be the find of the year.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-F...ht_1329wt_1167

http://betterpartx.com/
Funny how I don't see you on the sponsor's list.....
Old 02-26-2011, 08:47 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 323i
Hi there,

Sorry I'm new to all this. This is my first post ever of any kind (so I guess I'm what the veterans call noobie?)
Anyhow, what do you mean " Funny how I don't see you on the sponsor's list....".

Regards
Old 02-26-2011, 09:09 PM

Hi again everyone,

Forgot to add that they have a lifetime warranty too. I've heard that some people have gone through like 2 or 3 or these during the life of their cars and if they're paying stealership prices, do the math..With this you pay $27 bucks and that's it for life. Sorry if I sound like a spokesman but I'm super frugal and you really don't need to pay so much for this dingy part.

Again, hope this helps some of you.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:13 PM
*^^^^^^^^*

Mein Auto: 2002 325i Auto
Quote:
Hi there,

Sorry I'm new to all this. This is my first post ever of any kind (so I guess I'm what the veterans call noobie?)
Anyhow, what do you mean " Funny how I don't see you on the sponsor's list....".

Regards
It means - become this site sponsor and only then advertise your product.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:38 PM

Still don't know what i'm doing wrong

It means - become this site sponsor and only then advertise your product.

Hi Starless,

Again please explain what I'm doing wrong. I'm not advertising my product and I'm not advertising for anyone else. Am I not supposed to add links to other websites. please let me know. Again, I am new to all this and I believe I gave some really good info to help out some people and you guys are giving me thumbs down, confused looks.***** what a rough place for a new person, lol, (just joking guys) but honestly someone please spell it out for me so I don't offend anyone.

Thanks!
Old 02-27-2011, 06:01 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 325i
Clearly he is the owner of this product, however, he has some positive reviews on ebay already for the item. I may try it if my replacement fails ever!

- hudock
Old 02-27-2011, 06:05 PM

- hudock

Hi there hudock,

Is your reply stating I am the owner of the product?
Old 02-27-2011, 06:13 PM

Oh no, not at all, Im pretty new to these forums, I don't really know how this all works.

(MOD Feel free to delete these posts that have clearly hijacked the thread. I seriously considered not replying but way to much of a smile for me)

- hudock
Old 02-27-2011, 06:17 PM

Hello Bimmerfest,

If there is a reasonable person on this thread? please let me know.*****!!..I posted some information about a great product I found simply to try and share and all I've been getting is crap from people telling me this is my product. THIS IS NOT MY PRODUCT!! I DONT SELL AUTO PARTS..I found this on eBay and simply wanted to share my experience because I was stoked about getting this issue fixed so cheap...For those of you who are reasonable and need this to fix your car, use it..I especially love hudock's reply "Clearly he is the owner of this product, however, he has some positive reviews on ebay already for the item. I may try it if my replacement fails ever!"....***** what a pompus..then he replies again with more sarcasm..what the hell?...i will leave you to your little club here and never post about a find..... what an uncomfortable forum
Old 02-27-2011, 06:30 PM
catso

Mein Auto: 2000 323i, 1988 528e
Quote:
Hello Bimmerfest,

If there is a reasonable person on this thread? please let me know.*****!!..I posted some information about a great product I found simply to try and share and all I've been getting is crap from people telling me this is my product. THIS IS NOT MY PRODUCT!! I DONT SELL AUTO PARTS..I found this on eBay and simply wanted to share my experience because I was stoked about getting this issue fixed so cheap...For those of you who are reasonable and need this to fix your car, use it..I especially love hudock's reply "Clearly he is the owner of this product, however, he has some positive reviews on ebay already for the item. I may try it if my replacement fails ever!"....***** what a pompus..then he replies again with more sarcasm..what the hell?...i will leave you to your little club here and never post about a find..... what an uncomfortable forum
Don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out.....
Old 02-27-2011, 06:32 PM

Old 02-27-2011, 06:42 PM

LOL..come on is this for real? you guys are hysterical and creepy..never mind the point of this forum which is to help people..I just dont get it? turn the light on and get out of moms basement . I seriously don't understand what is going on? just tried to help..casto and hubard,...do you guys sit at this forum all day.?..your replies are instant...I refuse to believe everyone is like you too...hopefully someone will reply that the info helped them...
Old 02-27-2011, 06:46 PM

I use my phone to post, so yeah, its pretty instant. And listen, were just having fun. I clearly just jumped on the bandwagon from everyone else. Do we think you are affiliated with this product? Of course we do, but that's ok. I gave you a plug, i saw it had some good reviews.

Again, if mine ever fails again, I will try that product.

- hubard
Old 02-27-2011, 06:55 PM

Im glad to hear its in good fun but for the last time..IT ISN'T MY PRODUCT!!! I own a cell phone store so if you want a phone i'll push that lol...But darn it, it isn't product..i dont want to insult you and anyone else but to me it's pompous because your so locked into thinking its mine but it isnt, lol..

I FOUND IT AND EBAY AND SIMPLY WANTED TO HELP.!! why is it so hard for you and others to believe..i think my writeup just sounded like an advertisement and if so i apologize for that...

iphone 4 or evo anyone??
Old 02-27-2011, 07:11 PM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: Fiver
Guys, I find no evidence to suggest that he is affiliated with the product. Cut the new guy some slack until you have evidence to the contrary.

Hey new guy, we usually don't have someone come here and make their first post with links to a product for sale. I'd have thought the same thing, so please cut them some slack as well.

Thank you. Carry on.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:29 PM

Hi 1Dreamer,

Thanks for the support. I completely understand how the guys could have thought I was affiliated, I write listings all day for my cell phone store and after reading my original post I could see how it looks like a product push..Hope we can all just get along , lol...I am a frugal buyer and I just wanted to pass on a killer discount part that really works..

have a good night all!

PS: Felt like a gang initiation lol
Old 02-27-2011, 08:16 PM

so can someone please tell me, do I NOT post links to other sites or products? THX
Old 02-27-2011, 09:31 PM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: Fiver
Quote:
so can someone please tell me, do I NOT post links to other sites or products? THX
No, it's fine. You just can't advertise your own products unless you're a site sponsor. Otherwise this place would get spammed to death and drive everyone away. If you find a product you really like that has worked well for you, by all means, share.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:43 PM

Ok, i still don't follow "site sponsor" but i guess if it has to do with selling anything here, don't really need to know now as we have already established im not selling anything here lol..Thanks again 1dreamer, appreciate your help! ..and BTW yes, this part kicked ass, couldn't believe how cheap it was (and different looking) but it seems like its all that company manufactures which is probably is why it works..its still working great..really hope some people take heed..the dealer prices are crazy..Have a good evening!
Old 02-28-2011, 11:44 AM

Hi,

Had a question hope someone can answer. Before I replaced my FSU, every time I turn my car on, the climate control would automatically turn on as well. After installing the FSU, still does the same thing. Is this normal for BMW's or this particular model (3-series?). Is there something I can set in the computer to stop the CC from turning on when the car turn on's.

Ant help of info would be appreciated..thx!
Old 02-28-2011, 11:49 AM

To clarify, the CC turns on at the lowest setting..it has always done this since I got the car..i just thought maybe it may have something to do with the FSU, clearly the FSU I installed has nothing to do with this because it has done it before and I could have sworn my sisters 330xi did the same thing...any thoughts? (btw, fsu is still working perfectly, lots of heat in this crazy NYC weather.)
Old 02-28-2011, 05:18 PM

Spoke to BMW today and they said climate control turns on when ignition is turned so final comment on the aftermarket fsu repair is thumbs up, works perfect!!..give more pump to the blower. easier install, super cheap, lifetime warranty, and as starless stated in his DIY,, no need to remove motor or air duct to install...thanks 1dreamer and Tim for your help also!!
Old 02-28-2011, 05:45 PM

are we done?
Old 02-28-2011, 07:16 PM
ZHP = Patlabor

Mein Auto: Mini Clubmn,Odyssey,Miata
Great DIY Starless! Keep up the awesome work.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:39 AM
Pure Natural BMW Muscle!

Mein Auto: 320CiC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starless View Post
I'll link it there later Thanks!

New FSU definitely solved the pulsating/interrupted air stream problem. Cause it started getting annoying...A lot of maintenance still ahead...
Mine started having the same problem on startup...I can hear the fan speed pulsating, and then it will work ok....wonder if its the same problem...