Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series

6 Series
The BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 07-25-2010, 04:24 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 650i & 2006 325xi
Phone Bluetooth problem?

When driving my car after just starting the phone on my bluetooth started ringing to call someone but looking at my phone itself there is no activity in caller ID nor is it calling anyone and the only way to stop the phone ringing on bluetooth is to power off my phone. Once I turn the phone back again it's back to normal. This has happened to me on 2 occasions. Anyone ever have this problem and what was remedy or diagnosis?
Ads by Google
Old 07-26-2010, 06:15 AM

Mein Auto: 650i Convertible
Can't say I've experience that issue but I've read here where some folks have had that issue. This is why BMW list the phones they've certified to work with their software. Granted, any bluetooth would work but these are little bugs you can experience when using different type of phones. If you keep your bluetooth activated on your phone, this will cause the car to try and take it over instantly once it detects it. Trying turning off the bluetooth and only activate it once you turn the car on, allow the care to search for it and go through the paring process. If your phone as the feature that prompts you to turn the bluetooth on once detected, the turn that feature on. Then see if you are still experiencing the problem.

Previous Cars:
2008 650 Convertible 6 speed manual
2004 645 Convertible 6 speed manual
1994 540 6 speed manual
Old 07-26-2010, 06:13 PM

Mein Auto: 645ci
new iPhone OS 4 problem

i haven't had the problem you're experiencing, but ever since I upgraded the OS on my iPhone 3Gs to the new version 4 (now 4.0.1) I haven't been able to sync it with my '05 645. It worked fine for the past year on the old version - only thing that changed was the new iOS. I have tried everything posted on every website....to no avail.

Guess I'll just have to wait until Apple decides to fix it with a new release......

2012 BMW X6 50i
Former: 2005 BMW 645ci coupe (white/vermillion red)
Old 07-27-2010, 01:08 AM

Mein Auto: 630i convertible
Hello,

My new phone Garmin-Asus olso have problems with the 6.. (or is it the 6 who have problems with the phone?)

I pair it and it works, bud next time I get in the car, I can make a call true the Idrive, bud don't hear the one I called, and I drive say I have to pair a phone...

When I take my phone in my hand, the one I called true the Idrive is on the phone....

Incomming cal works fine.

My previus phone was easy, once paired a single first time, I started the car and allways was connected.

BMW 630i convertible 2006 | Stratus Gray
Opel Speedster #2981 | Lotus Titanium Silver
Susuki swift sport (for the wife)
Audi convertible 2.6 V6
Old 07-27-2010, 07:43 AM

Mein Auto: 2005 BMW 645CI
Try rebooting your phone.....take out the battery.....i find its the phone that causes most of the problems...not the car
Old 07-27-2010, 08:08 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 650i
I have an iPhone 4 with the latest update and so far (knock on wood) no problems.

06' 650i/8K lighting/custom angel eye fogs/3M clear bra/ACS pedals/JL 8W7 and Earthquake SWS-8Xs/black wrapped roof/custom lighted door sills