Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)

X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
Talk about the E83 BMW X3 in this forum!

Old 07-28-2010, 12:28 PM

Mein Auto: X3 2.5i -04
Carsoft error code 2882 AND 2883

I have some problems with my lovely beemer.

For some weeks Ive had the "Check Engine" light on the dashboard.
The engine has been running with no problems at all despite some ruff idle sometimes. Usually with a cold engine it runs well for 30 seconds then the idle start vary. Not like its running on only five cylinders. Its just like the idle is not stable. This ruff idle only appears now and then. Not every time I start the engine.

However, I bought this Carsoft 6.5 interface and when Im scanning I get the following error codes (DDE):

2882 = "Mixture preparation bank 1"
2883 = "Mixture preparation bank 2"

I tried to reset these codes and the check engine light went off. I was then able to start the engine three times and drive over 200 km / 124 miles before the light was turned on again.

Im worried that the search for this error will not be easy since the problem occurs only now and then.

Any ideas?
Ads by Google
Old 07-28-2010, 04:23 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 X3 3.0 , 1991 318Is
Intake boot leaking>? Check the hose from dipstick tube to crankcase vent valve.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbles View Post
Intake boot leaking>? Check the hose from dipstick tube to crankcase vent valve.
Thanks for your input.

Is there a hose from the dipstick tube to the crankcase vent valve?

Im looking at RealOEMs picture for the OIL PAN / OIL LEVEL INDICATOR:

The Hose you are talking about, is that the one connected at the lower end of the Guide tube (Part No 9)? (of course not the very low end that is connected to the crankcase housing )
Old 07-29-2010, 07:40 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 06 X3 Sport
Here is what you are looking for

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...94&hg=11&fg=15

This is part of the CCV system. It is good for about 85,000 miles and then due to heat failures in the plastic tubing start to occur. This diagram is for an 06 by the way. A blockage is also common in the nipple on the dipstick to which the tube connects which could cause a vacuum problem as well.

Another culprit could be the secondary air pump. If you can't find anything on it here search this E39 forum as it is the same setup and it has been discussed in great detail and its pretty easy to test- http://bimmer.roadfly.com/bmw/forums/e39/
Old 07-22-2013, 11:10 AM

Mein Auto: X3
Hi fellow Beemer owners, I have a problem with my 2005 X3, stars rough, engine kind of tumbles, sometimes I see blue smoke when I first star the car, I hoked it to a comp scanner and got a 2882 and 2883 codes. Sometimes it goes away and runs great but then again comes back, recently the svc engine light turned on. I replace the spark plugs, any more insides on this?
Old 07-22-2013, 11:52 AM

3 year old thread, I forgot to close my case in this thread but thanks to the e-mail notification I just received here it comes:

My errorcodes 2882 and 2883 was caused by a leak in the intake boot. I think it was the intake boot connecting to something that handles the idle control...

Case closed for me, hope it helps you close your case too!