Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 08-06-2010, 05:43 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 328d
On The Verge of Ordering

i'm at a point with dealer negotiations where one question about tires answered will decide wether I buy.That question is...recently I read somewhere (here?) that starting with September runs when the Sport Package is ordered one can opt for all season tires instead of summer (performance) tires.Can anyone confirm this? Here in New England summer tires are very impractical for about 10 months of the year.

Also,an unrelated question which I hope doesn't violate any forum rules (I'll be inteantionally vague)...a dealer is offering me a well equipped F10 (ordered from the factory) for about 7.6% less than the total sticker price (including delivery,etc).It sounds pretty good to me.Anyone agree? Disagree?

Fuelly
Advertisement
Old 08-06-2010, 05:50 PM

Mein Auto: Zipcars
Quote:
Originally Posted by listerone View Post
i'm at a point with dealer negotiations where one question about tires answered will decide wether I buy.That question is...recently I read somewhere (here?) that starting with September runs when the Sport Package is ordered one can opt for all season tires instead of summer (performance) tires.Can anyone confirm this? Here in New England summer tires are very impractical for about 10 months of the year.

Also,an unrelated question which I hope doesn't violate any forum rules (I'll be inteantionally vague)...a dealer is offering me a well equipped F10 (ordered from the factory) for about 7.6% less than the total sticker price (including delivery,etc).It sounds pretty good to me.Anyone agree? Disagree?
You can talk about price without violating any rules. Find out the invoice price, and if you're 1k or under, I'd call that a great price.

If you're leasing, be aware that they can markup the MF to make more profit. They could also make more profit on a trade-in if you're doing that.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:24 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 550i
Quote:

Listerone,

7.6% off MSRP is about what my dealer said was their invoice price. Actually, he said around 7%, but I think it matters what their MACO is and the sticker price of the car. I think you may be at or below invoice which would be fantastic. I'll also echo what Newmanium said. Also look for cash to be had with the money factor (if you are leasing), the acquisition fee (BMW quotes $725 online if leasing), and your trade in (if leasing or buying). I ALWAYS treat each number as an individual negotiation point.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:12 PM
BMW-addicted

Mein Auto: Not worth mentioning
Quote:
Hi listerone!

As far as I know, the tires are not an option you can chose when ordering the sport package. When you order an xDrive AWD-model, you will get All-Season Tires and if you pick the RWD, you will get Performance Tires.