Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Diesel Owners / Enthusiasts

BMW Diesel Owners / Enthusiasts
Do you own a diesel powered BMW? Maybe a 335d or a BMW x35d? Come and talk about what makes your car great!

Old 01-10-2012, 01:09 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '11 335d
Door Ajar - False Alarms

Okay just thought I would ask if anyone else is experiencing what I am experiencing in particular when it is cold out.

My drama goes something like this,,, The cars sits over night or for hours on end during the day while I am at work and if the temps fall below letís say 40 degrees the car throws false alarm door ajar signals on the dash for the first 60 seconds or so usually after I've started driving. The light might indicate the driver's side door, the passenger side door or both in sequence; of course these are paired with brief "gong" while the dash lights are illuminated. I even got the trunk light once. The warning lights only stay on a fraction of a second each time. At first it was disconcerting, the first time it happened I pulled over to the side of the road on a cold rainy morning during rush hour to check the trunk.

Now if the temperature falls into the low 30's or 20's things really get interesting... The other day when my wife took the car, she said not only were the door ajar alarms going off, but this time the lights went off randomly for each door includig the back doors, this while the "gong" was sounding and on top of it all the overhead interior lights started flashing each time the door ajar light flashed (that's a new one for me). She said this went on for a good 10 min or so during her drive to the gym. I got in the car yesterday after work (it was pretty cold here) and as soon as I started it up the door ajar light started flashing intermittently and it gave me a little disco effect with the flashing of the overhead lights. This lasted less than a minute I would say.

Does anyone know of a good exorcist?
Advertisement
Old 01-18-2012, 01:12 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 335d
Mine does exactly the same thing.

I'm due for an oil change, and will be having them check it out at the same time. For now, I've just been living with it as it seems to calm down after 5-10min of driving.

Regards,
John
Old 01-19-2012, 03:27 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '11 335d
Nice to hear that I am not alone on this one. I too have been putting up with it, until the next service. Let me know what your dealer has to say about it.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 07-04-2015, 10:05 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 e90 335i
I know this is an old thread but did either of you figure this issue out?
My car ('09 335i) yesterday started doing this exact same thing.

Thank you in advance!
Old 07-05-2015, 07:57 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 335d
Well, the dealer never did figure it out. What did work is -- a couple winters ago, because of traveling for work and whatnot, I didn't drive the car for several weeks and when I finally went to start the car on one of the coldest days of the year, the battery wouldn't co-operate. A quick jump from BMW Roadside, and I was on my way and the door-ajar fault was cleared. Haven't had a recurrence since. Go figure.

Regards,
John